Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Lukaku too slow? I'm not sure if we are talking about the same player, but I know that Lukaku is fast, very fast. His first touch my not be excellent, I better say poor, but he is PL ready. Betrand and Lukaku should have been given some more minutes so far, as both of them have already played football on the professional level. If they are not playing against sides like the Wolves and Portsmouth, which team should they play against then?

Agree with that. Lukaku despite his size is very fast, even faster than Drogba at his peak. If he can learn to turn the defender inside out like Didier does, there will be no stopping him....

This young man has a great attitude and personality and if he keeps working hard he will succeed!

I just wish that we hadn't played him in the league this season so that he could have gone on loan either immediately after he signed or now in January. What was the point in playing him for a total of... what? 30 minutes and now he's going to practically miss an entire season of football. Sigh.

Wasn't his wish to not loan him out when he arrived at Cfc?

Lukaku was so eager to play that he didn't want to be loaned out.

I'm afraid now he feels AVB has little confidence in the young players when it comes to 'more difficult' games (which in fact we see almost every weekend these days.. very chelsea unlike!) Unfortunately for Romelu and the other youngsters AVB doesn't dare to bring them in when score is tied or 1 goal difference. So now Romelu feels when he wants to play in the EPL, a loan is the only option!

I can only hope AVB does this to protect them, more then having a lack of confidence in them. In case of Lukaku, unless the home crowd decides to express their dissatisfaction for the poor results on the young lad (which I clearly hope NOT!), I don't think this protection is needed. OK he's only 18 years old... but don't forget he is one of Europe's starlets and had a transfer fee of € 18million on his head, a little expensive to be playing in the Chelsea Reserves IMO. On top of that he has proven he can cope with a lot of pressure being the star of the Anderlecht squad at age 17 and scoring week after week in big games => also in Europe!!!

The biggest shame is that there was a magic atmosphere around Lukaku and the Bridge/the fans at the beginning of this season. A few good actions would have pushed Romelu to great games... unfortunately now AVB totally let this chance pass by!

Without Drogba, Kalou, Sturridge & Anelka there still wasn't a spot in the attack for Lukaku (not even a few minutes)... a very poor decision IMO. One may only hope the board is not that stupid to buy another + €10 million striker this winter to fill up the gap. Lukaku is right there and is ready to grab this opportunity to prove himself. Put him at the reserves team for another six months and you totally stopped an extremely good talent in his development. BTW Same thing with Josh and Bertrand. Ironically the young coach is too afraid to play the young guys :), such a shame for a team like Chelsea!

Anyone else see the quotes from him today talking about a loan deal (next season i'd imagine) to either an EPL club or a French club?

EDIT:

Think Everton would've been a good fit for him this season, maybe even next.

Agreed about Everton. Would be good. Not Stoke please, we already know he is strong and tall and that's all Stoke would use.

And on his pace Lukaku is not very fast over 5 yards but has a high top speed. Adebayor and Welbeck are the same

When I watch that interview w/ Emanelo, I get that same feeling when watching Obi Wan talk about Young Anakin Skywalker. The Force is strong in the kid & w/ his work enthic the sky seems to be the limit. He needs to get some match time in the EPL (whether on loan or CFC).

Why do people hate emenalo ? I dont remember where i saw that, might have been here, but i remember seeing a lot of people attacking him as unqualified or something when he was hired.

He was given a lot of stick for filling in Wilkins' role, who somehow became the reason behind our double in the eyes of some people and later got vilified for being named our Director of Football, a fact which somehow made him the next Avraam Grant.

Basically it was a bunch of unqualified people slating someone for "being unqualified".