Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

http://www.chelseafc...2568455,00.html

Some highlights from the article:

It's a really big month, January. For me it starts from Sunday and to put in a good performance and be helpful for the team would be great, to score a goal would be good for my confidence, but I just want to get a spot in the team and continue enjoying it,'

'The first few months here have been about learning English football and learning the Chelsea way, so I have played also with the reserves and done analysis with the manager and staff to improve my game. It's gone very well, I had some good games, some lesser ones but in the last five games for the reserves I scored five goals.'
'Now I am feeling very well and in the new year it is a new start and I want to earn a spot in the team.'

Even Carlo gave more time to the youngsters. If I were sitting on the bench on that Wolves game, I would have tried to escape from London as fast as I could. FFS majority of our "youngsters" are in their twenties now, when are they supposed to start their career. What a waste of time and money our youth system is.

This team believes that we have to be on a good rilun of form in order to play youth, my oh my look at all the other managers, during the start if the season they play youth!! But nooooo let's play the same starting 11 for all competitions except the league cup which we always find a way to lose in! Not everybody will shine like Studge in loan, some people, (ready for this) need to have a feel for the players they're surrounded with, idk maybe a cm would need this, or better yet Torres has shown this and he had a freakin year with the squad!! while our loanees are told to bond with 3 different teams in 3years!!

It's really confusing for Lukaku also. He thought he'd get a chance against Portsmouth. Gets like 2 minutes? Then he has to play with the reserves a day later, now he's preparing for the game on Saturday against Sunderland according to his Twitter.

And the lad stays positive, I don't get it. I already lost it twice: against Wolves and against Portsmouth. Two games where Lukaku could and should have gotten minutes.

He said 'that January is his month to show the manager he deserves a spot on the bench and some subs now and then', but he can't really show it, can he? Scores on training, scores at reserves games. What more can he do?

This team believes that we have to be on a good rilun of form in order to play youth, my oh my look at all the other managers, during the start if the season they play youth!! But nooooo let's play the same starting 11 for all competitions except the league cup which we always find a way to lose in! Not everybody will shine like Studge in loan, some people, (ready for this) need to have a feel for the players they're surrounded with, idk maybe a cm would need this, or better yet Torres has shown this and he had a freakin year with the squad!! while our loanees are told to bond with 3 different teams in 3years!!

I also hate the buy and loan straight out idea.

I'm disgusted with the amount of playing time he is getting. We know he is raw but he is still a class striker that can finish. Numerous major European clubs were trying to buy him but luckily for us he is a Chelsea fan so he decided to come here. There's a reason why Mourinho personally called up Lukaku's dad to ask him about Lukaku. Yet we're shoving him down to the bench against the likes of Portsmouth and Wolves. It's appalling and baffling. This lad is dying to play in a Chelsea shirt but it looks like we bought him so other clubs don't get him. He's improving but with limited ability because he never gets game time, and even when he does sometimes he is out of position (Man utd away). Sorry, but this is not good.

How many here think that the fans should have a forum to interact directly, on a regular although infrequent basis, with the boss and/or the board members of CFC?

because I really think we deserve some answers about everything that goes on at the club. I am really pissed off at how clueless our management seems as far as the youth induction is concerned. Every season we have our hopes raised and its the same old story of "saving their own butts before anything"!

The forum should be on a much higher level than that Friday Night Live thingy they do on CTV. Invite queries from fans on a monthly basis and the most raised issues should be explained over a time period of a couple of hours and with direct sensible answers and not the twisted crap they dish out to media. Let the media make what they want out of it. It will at least hold the fans' spirit in the club as a whole. I dont want the exact numbers out of books or anything that is outside of club's policy, unless the club policy prevents talking about the direction the team and the club are taking.

I really think we deserve it. I dont know what 'practical issues' can hinder any club with a respectable fan-base doing this. I really dont think the likes of Gourlay have such a packed schedule that they cannot 'spare' 2 hours in a month for their fans. And surely the boss (whoever it may be) can squeeze in 2 hours for such an event.