Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

The fact that he managed to get a shot on target within a few minutes, more than Torres did the whole match speaks volumes. We should start letting him build towards a possible starting place - use him as a proper impact sub for starters. Not just someone who we send on with 5-10 minutes left as he's young and we want to see how he does

Is it me or has he looked a lot sharper in his subsitute displays lately? one thing AVB has got spot on was leaving him in the reserves for a bit after his tough start.

Maybe when DD11 returns we should just put those 2 up front with Mata in behind them, what could go wrong that hasnt already?

Thing is, AVB didn't made that decision. Lukaku asked to play with the reserves himself. ;)

Also, I'm quite worried about Lukaku. What's going to happen when Drogba returns? Now he's the second best choice up front (Torres being choice number one) and even then he only got about 25 minutes in what 5 games combined? When Drogba returns I can't see him playing at all. And that's just the worst thing that can happen for a striker his age.

Even when he's not playing too many minutes,he's gaining some experience travelling to different stadiums, doing the warming-up, trying to handle the pressure. But when Drogba is back, he's just going to rot away in the reserves. At that point, how harsh it may sound, Lukaku has to hope that either Drogba or Torres picks up an injury.

Maybe it's time for AVB to give Lukaku a start now that Drogba is still away. It might give Torres some time to reflect and his subs always looked good when Drogba started. I know AVB isn't going to do it. But hey, there's hoping!

He should be playing ahead of Torres no doubt about it, and if Drogba continues with his indifferent form he should also not be treated as an automatic starter. It's quite sad we have given Torres 10 hours of football and be re-payed with no goals but we don't give Lukaku more then 30 minutes.

He should be starting ahead of Torres no question (maybe just not in the united game). He is paying for our club's mistake of paying 50m for fernando.

I think United game is actually the perfect game to start Lukaku, have you seen de Gea defend crosses lately - we should have somebody with actual physical power challenging him rather than Torres.

I think United game is actually the perfect game to start Lukaku, have you seen de Gea defend crosses lately - we should have somebody with actual physical power challenging him rather than Torres.

Brilliant... We just need players that can actually cross the ball to him.

Well that has to depend on his personality in my opinion. Let's not forget he is 18, and if he is not confident to the verge of arogance he probably won't be able to handle the pressure of his first league start being against Manchester United.

Yeah true but performance wise there's no way he can be worse than our #9. I don't see Torres doing anything at all on Sunday.

to true chuck him in there we cant really loose out because at least its experience for him. if we had just brought a right winger we could of stuck danny down the middle....

Is it me or has he looked a lot sharper in his subsitute displays lately? one thing AVB has got spot on was leaving him in the reserves for a bit after his tough start.

Maybe when DD11 returns we should just put those 2 up front with Mata in behind them, what could go wrong that hasnt already?

I thought he looked quicker and a little less bulky ,,could be down to more rigorous fitness work. Promising

Lukaku is a nightmare for defenders, I would imagine. Because he looks like Drogba, people expect him to be strong and powerful. They're quite right.

However he is also frighteningly fast and has a sense of youthful enthusiasm for the game. That makes him a very potent player. He still isn't quite ready, but if he doesn't start against Birmingham this month I will be pissed, because imo he has shown enough in his cameos to deserve it. From the fact he has played a small part in the last two league games it would suggest AVB has faith in him.