Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I'm not saying that mate..

But to comment, Cfc can always use a must play clausule when they loan him out to 'smaller' teams..

I think if both DD and Torres leave in the summer, which is looking very likely, Romelu should stay at the club. I would much rather he remains under the watchfull eyes of our coaching staff because the next couple of years are crucial to his development.

I think if both DD and Torres leave in the summer, which is looking very likely, Romelu should stay at the club. I would much rather he remains under the watchfull eyes of our coaching staff because the next couple of years are crucial to his development.

You're totally right, probably depens on incoming strikers to this summer..

I'm not saying that mate..

But to comment, Cfc can always use a must play clausule when they loan him out to 'smaller' teams..

They did that with Courtois, I imagine. Mainly because Asenjo is far too good to be on the bench. I just think Atletico got lucky with how good Thibaut actually is :lol:

They did that with Courtois, I imagine. Mainly because Asenjo is far too good to be on the bench. I just think Atletico got lucky with how good Thibaut actually is :lol:

The rumoures say that indeed, a 75% must play clausule..

Read that to that Atletic coaches were suprised of the level he could reach in so short term..

I know (and hope) that the reason for Romelu not playing at the moment, is the fact AVB (or the club) wants to protect him. I have all respect for this decision. Especially if you calculate the impact of a tabloid hate campaign whenever he screws something up in the next few games.

I also know a lot of you guys don't want to compare the pressure between Anderlechts (Jupiler League) & Chelsea (Premier league), thinking there is a serious risk Romelu would "crash" due to the level of the opposition OR a bad performance by himself => agree with AVB = protection = No Romelu @ the bridge => but also means No Romelu on a soccer pitch for maybe even a whole year!

As you might know I've been following Romelu for a long time now. And sure, I can understand he's a young player. BUT don't forget he was dropped in the Anderlecht squad for the first time at age 16(!!) and more over in the second(!) game of the test matches between Anderlecht - Standard de Liege at the end of season 2008-2009 (=> deciding who would be the league's champions that year). This means he made his debut on a moment that the championship was at stake + the game was still all to play for.

You might conclude 2 things from this act:

• the Anderlecht board and the coach are absolute airheads!
  • the immense shoulders of this lad (even at age 16) can handle more than just carrying weights in the gym

Let me tell you that the season after this testmatches, Lukaku was used as a sub in preseason and during the first games of the season. But by scoring more and more game winning goals, he soon became a starter. This season he became the youngest leagues topscorer & regular gamewinner at only age 16!!

I'm talking about Rsc Anderlecht here... not a bottom half season's revelation! His share in Anderlecht getting the title this season was gigantic! Also believe me when I say the pressure on Lukaku's shoulders was immense during this year. The hope of the biggest Belgian club was on the shoulders of one 16 year old kid: Romelu Lukaku, who scored one winning goal after another!!

Then the title => summer break => a new season. Belgian press was all on his neck during preseason "will lukaku be able to prove himself"... etc. Building up a massive new pressure. Fans of opposing teams were all ready with negative judgements once he had a bad game (or even a good game => jealousy anyone :))!

He had a difficult start (compared to what Torres is having now = a great start) the last season. But soon got over it and ended by scoring only 1 goal less then the season before!

What I want to say: trust me, take a look at Romelu's shoulders. He has the amazing quality of being able to cope with stress and pressure like no other kid of his age. And with all respect, the pressure he feels now at Chelsea is not of the same order than the pressure he had to deal with in Belgium!

Romelu is more than ready to go for it. Even a bad game will not affect his mentality! IMO he needs to play very soon! Let him on the bench for another 4 months and one of Europe's biggest upcoming talents has just wasted a FULL year on a chelsea bench & will without doubt shine the next season in the colours of another team (Fulham, Sunderland, Mönchengladbach ....).

AVB => give this lad a chance please B) blue%20scalf.gif

Never impressed me , and don't expect him to have any impact on the team now or in the future . When he is used he will flop , his footballing skilld aren't good enough and this is not the belgian league where if you 're big enough you can bully defenders away to score goals .

In the few games we have seen him play for the first team he has looked dangerous, he works hard, he clearly wants to succeed. He has got a lot of power and pace. Granted his technical ability isn't what it should be, though I imagine Drogba's technical ability isn't near what it is now when he was Romelu's age. I think he will put in the work and improve that side of his game, if he can do that then we have a hell of a player on our hands because he has all of the physical attributes you need to be a top player in England.

Never impressed me , and don't expect him to have any impact on the team now or in the future . When he is used he will flop , his footballing skilld aren't good enough and this is not the belgian league where if you 're big enough you can bully defenders away to score goals .

D'oh