Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Vincent Kompany is the best CB in the EPL.

That's not Vidic

I personally think Vidic is, but Kompany is up there, certainly better than any of our defenders.

He is only slightly better than Terry and that's not bias speaking. Prime Terry would eat him for breakfast. Defo better than Luiz, Ivanovic or Alex though. At CB, pretty sure Bran is a better RB

!! If anyone has been rubbish for united in defence it is Ferdinand and Evans

I think they've all been rubbish lol. But okay, Vidic has been slightly better this season. The last two seasons he was atrocious! Ever since he got humiliated by Torres in that Liverpool 4-1 win at Old Toilet he was never the same!

Kompany imo is intrinsically the best CB in the EPL, yeah. I think he has the best technical baggage for a central defender in the world. I'm biased being Belgian and all, I know. But as a Chelsea fan I reckon Kompany is world class.

Anyhow, back on-topic. Which is Lukaku! I think since his great performances with the reserves he should be rewarded with a spot on the A-squad bench sometimes. With Drogba and Kalou leaving for the ANC, he'll get some minutes anyway I guess so might not be bad to ease him into it. What if Chelsea doesn't buy a striker (which is possible) in the winter transfer period and Torres gets injured/suspended, then out of the blue Lukaku is your number one striker. And he should be made ready for such a scenario, otherwise you might not do him any favors by suddenly playing him.

Vidic used to be superb. For the last couple of seasons he's been absolute rubbish. He's been a liability for them

Do not agree with this at all, take this season for example, when he was injured Man utd conceded 14 goals, but when he came back they only conceded 1, in the same amount of time.

Put him in the penalty area and he will score goals.

I only hope the manager doesn't ever repeat his earlier attempt at playing Lukaku on the wing.

Exactly. He needs to be put up front, not on the wing. His technical capabilities are way too limited for that position (although, his crossing is actually quite good). He's a brute force up front and should only be played there.

PS: Thanks for all the likes and reputation guys, I'll keep you guys informed about Lukaku in the Belgian media. :)

I'm not to worried about Lukaku at this moment.

The most important thing now is that he doesn't lose confidence! At the beginning I was a little worried about that, but since he's started scoring in the reserves games ... I don't think it's an issue now.

So let him be on the bench for the next few games and give him some minutes. The moment Romelu scores at the bridge & when he hears/feels all us fans shouting and singing at him... he will be launched for good!!

Mark my words gentlemen :)! The lad just needs to feel some blues love... no chance of stopping him then! :blue scalf:

So there was another article in Belgium about Lukaku today. This time it's his manager Christophe Henrotay that talks about his client. The translation:

The first months of Romelu Lukaku in Chelsea went somewhat difficult. The young striker only got a couple of substitutions in the Premier League. "But that's entirely normal", says Christophe Henrotay, Lukaku's manager.

Lukaku made his dream come true last year by transferring to Chelsea. Until now Lukaku only played full games in the League Cup and with the reserves. "We expected this situation. It's naive to think that Lukaku would've grabbed a starting XI spot right away en he'd performed like he did in Anderlecht", Henrotay says to Het Laatste Nieuws.

"It's way too early for an evaluation of Romelu. With a baby you also don't look if it can walk after six months." Christophe Henrotay expects that Romelu's situation will evolve soon. Nicolas Anelka is going to China and both Didier Drogba and Salamon Kalou have international duties for the African Cup of Nations.

"It would be nice if Lukaku could sometimes get 20 or 30 minutes of gametime and score. But that's bonus. Chelsea believes in Romelu. Why else did they pay 18 million to Anderlecht? Lukaku doesn't feel any pressure."

And what if Lukaku stays on the bench? "In the summer we'll look if a loan is an option, but at this moment we're very happy at Chelsea", concludes the manager.

There's only a little sentence I found about Lukaku in a Courtois article, when he was at Chelsea for tests. Courtois went to the clothing room after the 1-1 draw against Fulham.

"I went to the player's room after the game, but due to the dissapointment most players left already. Only Romelu Lukaku, Daniel Sturridge and Fernando Torres were still there. I wanted to talk with Torres about his former club Athletico Madrid, but he wasn't really in the mood. Although I speak a bit Spanish now. Torres and Sturridge just said 'hello', but Lukaku was in fact really enthusiastic. He was begging the keeperstrainer to let me train another time with the Chelsea squad. I think Lukaku would really like another Belgian player with him in the team."

So there was another article in Belgium about Lukaku today. This time it's his manager Christophe Henrotay that talks about his client. The translation:

There's only a little sentence I found about Lukaku in a Courtois article, when he was at Chelsea for tests. Courtois went to the clothing room after the 1-1 draw against Fulham.

Haha Torres wasn't in the mood...

Good to see the enthusiasm from young lad.