Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

That doesnt make sense. Sturridge already had much more potential than Lukaku and he was less than 10m. Potential...you dont buy a player for potential, thats why you an academy.

Sturridge was seen as an average player towards the end of his career at City. Bags of potential but not enough end product. Basically they didn't think he was going to become "all that". That's what opposition fans kept saying and said after we signed him. Lukaku was already established player with the potential to be a feared striker. I don't know why his touch is so poor right now because he didn't look that bad in the youtube videos, so either the Belgium league is really, really poor or people conveniently left that part of his game out lol

Sturridge was seen as an average player towards the end of his career at City. Bags of potential but not enough end product. Basically they didn't think he was going to become "all that". That's what opposition fans kept saying and said after we signed him. Lukaku was already established player with the potential to be a feared striker. I don't know why his touch is so poor right now because he didn't look that bad in the youtube videos, so either the Belgium league is really, really poor or people conveniently left that part of his game out lol

Lukaku was playing in Belgium, I dont remember when was the last time that belgian league produced one single great player to play in a big european league. how many in last 20 years ?

Being a established player in that league doesnt mean that much.

Lukaku was playing in Belgium, I dont remember when was the last time that belgian league produced one single great player to play in a big european league. how many in last 20 years ?

Yes, but he was SEEN as an established player in people's eyes. I'm sure we are to blame too because we have been "chasing" him for years due to the Drogba comparisons which caused his value to increase tremendously.

It's obvious he needs to relax.

Kompany, Witsel, Fellaini, Van Buyten, Hazard, .. ?

Kompany, Witsel, Fellaini, Van Buyten, Hazard, .. ?

Haha I'm sorry but Van Buyten made me laugh. He's such an average defender, prone to make idiotic mistakes. Kompany is definitely great but Hazard never played in the Jupiler League though. And I like Witsel, he's got potential

Henrique he was scoring goals against biggish European sides in the Europa league then he got 2 goals against a Russia side that previously knocked England out the Euro 2008 qualifiers at 17 years of age. Mourinho was very interested and so was a few other top managers, we could not take the risk. He has a poor first touch and he can't dribble but he is someone who will be an animal in the penalty area, you can see it. I think he will get more games when Drogba goes to Africa !

Henrique he was scoring goals against biggish European sides in the Europa league then he got 2 goals against a Russia side that previously knocked England out the Euro 2008 qualifiers at 17 years of age. Mourinho was very interested and so was a few other top managers, we could not take the risk. He has a poor first touch and he can't dribble but he is someone who will be an animal in the penalty area, you can see it. I think he will get more games when Drogba goes to Africa !

Everyone seems to forget that Lukaku played in European competitions, and was the best striker in the Belgian league, while being an international start since the age of 16!

I haven't seen anything that really tells me he can't be a world class player, i have seen glimspes where he could be - but it is about time and patience - which we bought for the amount we got.

Haha I'm sorry but Van Buyten made me laugh. He's such an average defender, prone to make idiotic mistakes. Kompany is definitely great but Hazard never played in the Jupiler League though. And I like Witsel, he's got potential

You are right about Hazard, didn't play in Jupiler Pro League. Van Buyten does play for Bayern München though, which is a big European club. We also have non-Belgians who developed in the Pro League and then went on to play for bigger clubs. Bryan Ruiz is an example, Cheik Tioté as well. Same for Odemwingie, Demba Ba, .... Not saying these players are superstars, but they're established players in the Premier League.

Anyhow, back on topic I guess. Lukaku is a raw talent, and I hope he gets more playtime in the second half of the season. When Drogba & Kalou are gone for the ANC.

Henrique, do the names of Eboue, Vermaelen, Mario Stanic, Kompany, Gervinho, Fellaini, Jaime Ruiz, Dembele, Yaya Toure, Arnor Gudjohnson, etc... ring a bell?