Oriol Romeu

termninja

Can anyone shed some lights on this Romeu's bizarre situation?

Not for sell, not for loan, not play for reserves, trains with first team everytime -----> ZERO PLAY TIME?!

Are we hiding him from Barca?!

Chill, with Essien and Meireles gone, Romeu will knock his arse of now :D

I 'worry' what his clause might be like. It could happen that in the end, he would be starter, a very good one, and then we would return to barca...

He seems like very good ball passer and strong player, last season (first half) he was amongst best dms in the league by stats. I understand he got less play time, but why he didnt play a bit is more curious.

Can anyone shed some lights on this Romeu's bizarre situation?

Not for sell, not for loan, not play for reserves, trains with first team everytime -----> ZERO PLAY TIME?!

Are we hiding him from Barca?!

Maybe he is not good enough or shown enough to play ahead of the players ahead of him.

It's humorous how posters here keep coming up with ridiculous conspiracy theories to justify why he is not playing, when in fact in all likely it is because he is not good enough.

With Raul and Essien gone he will get his chance with the depleted options we have. I am looking forward to it personally because so many myths have been said about his quality.

I 'worry' what his clause might be like. It could happen that in the end, he would be starter, a very good one, and then we would return to barca...

He seems like very good ball passer and strong player, last season (first half) he was amongst best dms in the league by stats. I understand he got less play time, but why he didnt play a bit is more curious.

First of all we still don't know if Barca has a buy back option or just a mere a first refusal option in the event we decide to sell him. Because Catalans press claim almost every player has inserted a certain clause with Barcelona. example the rumors of Drogba having a clause that he can break his contract if Barca came calling.

If there is a clause then he would need to make a serious impression for Barca to activate that clause, because Barca have the best dm in the world in Busquets and vastly superior player in Song in his position.

I haven't even mentioned Mascherano, JDS, or Thiago who are capable playing Dm at Barca.

I do have to say, some people here talk about him like he is one of the best DMs in the league. It's a wrong approach because Oriol is still young and hasn't played football in some time, and if he was given a chance against QPR for example and he didn't do well, those same people would get on his back with criticism and conclusions that he isn't ready when in fact, he just needs some time.

That said, I would hope to see him soon in action. Barcelona deal seems less likely now when they have Song and with Essien on loan, he will need to step up. Romeu's age is also good, he is young but he is ready for PL and to deal with the pressure.

What!?, no they don't, in fact no one on this site even rates Romeu at all.

http://www.eatsleeps...ml#.UExvkI3iYf4

WTF..

Romeu has slipped further down the pecking order following the arrival of a host of new players at Stamford Bridge this summer and Roberto Di Matteo is happy to let him leave on loan.

Whyyy

Slipped down the pecking order because of new arrivals?! :doh: What new arrivals?! We didn't even get anyone new for the CM/CDM positions FFS! An utterly rubbish and nonsense news!!

I agree with Joker. Instead of looking for whacked out conspiracy theories, perhaps we should start closer to home and realise he's not good enough at this point?

How can we just make conclusions like that when he hasn't even been given a proper chance in the 1st team yet?!

I agree with Joker. Instead of looking for whacked out conspiracy theories, perhaps we should start closer to home and realise he's not good enough at this point?

Just because you're a midfielder who came out of La Masia doesn't mean you're Xavi.

Thing is that when he did have a run of games he was excellent.

While it doesn't mean you are Xavi it does mean something and he is a player that Barcelona do actually rate.

I think Romeu will suit a more attacking and fluid 4-2-3-1 all day long compared to Mikel and Lampard. I wouldn't say Romeu isn't ready for the first team as evidently under AVB he was consistent and was one of the better performers in our team. When he played against Arsenal in that 0-0 draw under Robbie, as a team I felt we were very limited as we were sitting deep the whole time so we were quite shit trying to keep the ball but that doesn't mean Romeu isn't ready as the other near 20 appearances he had that season he was very good. In fact Romeu played not bad in that Arsenal game if I remember rightly. He is and isn't a typical La Masia player tbh, hes sound technically and his distribution of the ball is impressive like most La Masia graduates but hes also very strong, physical and puts in strong tackles unlike a lot of the midfielders that have come through their ranks in the last 10 years. I honestly believe he is the closest to Makelele we will get. Just needs game time.

http://www.eatsleeps...ml#.UExvkI3iYf4

WTF..

Romeu has slipped further down the pecking order following the arrival of a host of new players at Stamford Bridge this summer and Roberto Di Matteo is happy to let him leave on loan.

Whyyy

Dafuq? What new arrivals? As far as I know we didn't buy any defensive midfielders this summer and in fact we let one of those few existing ones leave. Great journalism that one. :lol:

How can we just make conclusions like that when he hasn't even been given a proper chance in the 1st team yet?!

I agree that he hasn't quite played enough and is still too young to make final decisions about, but I get what Cap and others are saying. People act like there's some sort of conspiracy theory as to why Romeu isn't playing or something rather than just the fact that Mikel is better than he is. I watched pretty much every game last year and Romeu was good but he was hardly outstanding and people are acting like he was brilliant and he simply wasn't. (BTW It's a general rule of thumb on internet boards though-young players get overrated about 200% and older players underrated by the same margin. People are always in love with theoretical potential and watch games to prove it.)

@thebigDrog-Barcelona couldn't have rated Romeu too highly if they were willing to let him go for only 4M pounds.

Thing is that when he did have a run of games he was excellent.

While it doesn't mean you are Xavi it does mean something and he is a player that Barcelona do actually rate.

The key words there were at this point. He's clearly not got the form right now, or he'd be in the team.

We're not leaving him out to hide him from Barcelona.