Oriol Romeu

termninja

Never believed in Romeu having a future in Barca midfield, don't think he has the intelligence to play there. Barca fans who follow the B team, believe that Jonathan Dos Santos has much more of a brighter future and from what i have seen of both players i agree.

Anyway kinda silly for Barca to replace keita with Song, or in fact even needed replacing when Sergi Roberto and JDS could have done the same job. Keita was a player for them who got more minutes than he deserved.

I don't think anything changes for Romeu going forward, if he has a future at Barca then undoubtedly it will be at CB.

I think its time someone asks Agent 007 to check with his sources on whats the scene with Romeu.

Atleast we will get some nonsense to work with.

Right now we are so in the dark, this must be the best kept secret on earth. Maybe he is an alien.

Best kept secret on earth?

Sorry but this got nothing over the world oldest remote control!

i77es2.jpg

That is without a doubt men's best kept secret! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Romeu must be thrilled with the decision to let Meireles leave, he'll surely get chances this year now.

hahahaha, yeah i dont understand how a player playing well can be shunned from the squad. be good to see romeu again, when was last time we saw him??

Romeu must be thrilled with the decision to let Meireles leave, he'll surely get chances this year now.

Rightfully so. He looked pretty good under AVB. Seems capable of playing a passing game. He was trained at La Masia after all. He has good potential.

I do have to say, some people here talk about him like he is one of the best DMs in the league. It's a wrong approach because Oriol is still young and hasn't played football in some time, and if he was given a chance against QPR for example and he didn't do well, those same people would get on his back with criticism and conclusions that he isn't ready when in fact, he just needs some time.

That said, I would hope to see him soon in action. Barcelona deal seems less likely now when they have Song and with Essien on loan, he will need to step up. Romeu's age is also good, he is young but he is ready for PL and to deal with the pressure.

I think its people want to see Mikel relegated to the bench. One thing I that I believe has happened since Young Oriol have arrived to the club, he has given Mikel competition & Mikel will have to step his game up.

I think its people want to see Mikel relegated to the bench. One thing I that I believe has happened since Young Oriol have arrived to the club, he has given Mikel competition & Mikel will have to step his game up.

Actually, I was hoping to see both Oriol and Mikel start in the double pivot. Both are calm passers, have good movement off the ball and are strong lads.

They are also both young so if they work out it would help us a lot for seasons to come.

From few minutes again member of first squad for me. Maybe not from next game - he needs some time to remained how to play football - but after that can't see other way.

Romelu and Mikel with some luck (both in good form) could be enough to survive. But still far away from dreamed defensive part of midfield.

Romelu and Mikel with some luck (both in good form) could be enough to survive.

I think you mean Romeu. Romelu is currently tearing up the PL defenses at WBA B)

I think that we are, as always, too quick to jump to conclusions here. For all we know, Oriol could be behind all of Lamps, Mikel, Ramires and Oscar for the double pivot. He is a great talent, there is no denying that (and a great spot by AVB if I may remind a few people) but I think the next step for him is to realize that he has a great opportunity till at least Jan, and he needs to seize it by winning RDM over, something I don't think he has managed to do so far.

Romeu and Mikel would need some time but if we are gonna carry on with this horrible formation, we need 2 genuine CDMs and they are. Lampard can play some games there and maybe even some as the number 10 (against weaker sides of course).