Oriol Romeu

termninja

He'll get his chance when Mikel leaves.

Mikel's a favorable main-stay of RdM's squad though, so the chances of him leaving anytime soon are slim. I think he's wasted here (Romeu), so if Barca did call on him I don't think anyone could really make a case for Romeu to remain here.

Mikel's a favorable main-stay of RdM's squad though, so the chances of him leaving anytime soon are slim. I think he's wasted here (Romeu), so if Barca did call on him I don't think anyone could really make a case for Romeu to remain here.

I think he meant to the ACON.

But even then. Keep him for one month a season? It's pointless. Might as well recall McEachran for then and loan him back out :lol:

Mikel can't play every single match especially during the schedule congestion in December. It's still early days, Romeu can still play a part in RDM's plans; same for Sturridge.

He might as well go back to La Mastia. We're ruining the boy's potential here..

Even though he'd have Busquets, Song, Mascherano and possible J Dos Santos ahead of him?

Here he only has Mikel ahead of him. We're not ruining his potential at all, people (not you per se) just have this silly expectation that he'll nurture into a world class DM and that Mikel is holding him back. Garbage I say.

Even though he'd have Busquets, Song, Mascherano and possible J Dos Santos ahead of him?

Here he only has Mikel ahead of him. We're not ruining his potential at all, people (not you per se) just have this silly expectation that he'll nurture into a world class DM and that Mikel is holding him back. Garbage I say.

I don't believe that last part at all. But we saw on the back end of last season how sparingly Romeu was used and even this season. Robbie's shown he's willing to rotate players because we've seen appearances from players like Moses & Bertrand. If Romeu was playing regularly like them I'd understand this whole 'he'll get his chance' claim. But he fails to make the bench most the time and we ask where the hell he's disappeared too.

And remember, we play 4-2-3-1 so Romeu could play alongside Mikel. We've seen Ramires play in that position as well.

• 3 weeks later...

He'll only go up a level if he plays more so him replacing Mikel when the ACON is going on will be good for him. He wants to get chances, he's gotta take em. I think Lampard will play though instead.