Oriol Romeu

termninja

Because he only can be sold if WE want it, and we are forced virtually if he comes out with such statements... you have to consider him being injured for about 2 - 3 Month, plus he was shown enough Trust, playing so many games in the first season at Chelsea FC, he was shit for 2 Month and injured before he was dropped, so what?

plus this, if he thinks like that, why did he leave them?

I think that is debatable and depends on what reports you read. Yes we did show faith in him and it paid off, he was terrific. Then Di Matteo came in and he disappeared, no wonder his performances dropped off, if a new manager doesn't play you after you did so well under the previous manager it is bound to knock your confidence, he is only 20 after all.

Like Fabregas, he left to get regular first team football. It doesn't mean he doesn't love Barcelona, he simply felt he had a better chance of advancing his career elsewhere.

I think that is debatable and depends on what reports you read. Yes we did show faith in him and it paid off, he was terrific. Then Di Matteo came in and he disappeared, no wonder his performances dropped off, if a new manager doesn't play you after you did so well under the previous manager it is bound to knock your confidence, he is only 20 after all.

Like Fabregas, he left to get regular first team football. It doesn't mean he doesn't love Barcelona, he simply felt he had a better chance of advancing his career elsewhere.

Yes but he can hardly argue when we've won the fa cup and champions league. We needed our experience to stand up at the end of last season to dig us out of a hole.

However the club are making steps to bring together a younger more dynamic core group of players and if he doesn't buy into that and would rather move back to barca then he should leave. I don't understand how he thinks he'll get more game time there then he will here?

Yes but he can hardly argue when we've won the fa cup and champions league. We needed our experience to stand up at the end of last season to dig us out of a hole.

However the club are making steps to bring together a younger more dynamic core group of players and if he doesn't buy into that and would rather move back to barca then he should leave. I don't understand how he thinks he'll get more game time there then he will here?

Yes but you also have to see it from his point of view. He is in the team, playing well then a new manager comes along and he is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he wants assurances about his role next season, I think he should be a regular starter but if that's not how the club sees it then Romeu will likely move on. If Barcelona but him back then they will obviously have a role and plan for him in the squad next season.

Where else will he be able to play then?I thought he could get the Lamaprd kind of role.

I'm not sure if he can play in a 4-2-3-1. If you put a gun to my head, i'd say a #10 is the only option you have.

He's a fit in a 4-3-3, he can play in the midfield Lamps role.

The double pivot requires too much defensive work for McEachran to be even considered. Maybe in the future he can add that to his game since he's still just developing but I really don't see the potential in that aspect of his game.

Pathetic. I don't care if he was schooled at Barca, how many chances did he get in the first team?

Yet AVB believed in him, brought him here and gave him games. And now he would just jump at a chance to return there to warm their bench.

(You can say RDM didn't play him a lot, but not like he could bench Mikel who was playing fantastic)

Not surprised.

This is why I never really cared about Romeu.

Said it from the beginning, that don't count on this guy for long term plans.

That you had to wait at least two seasons before you can count on him to be part of the real team.

And now some people seem pissed and shocked....if anything the pathetic people are those that where dull enough to not see this!!!!

Not surprised.

This is why I never really cared about Romeu.

Said it from the beginning, that don't count on this guy for long term plans.

That you had to wait at least two seasons before you can count on him to be part of the real team.

And now some people seem pissed and shocked....if anything the pathetic people are those that where dull enough to not see this!!!!

All hail the genius that is Justin_3d. :worship:

Pathetic. I don't care if he was schooled at Barca, how many chances did he get in the first team?

Yet AVB believed in him, brought him here and gave him games. And now he would just jump at a chance to return there to warm their bench.

(You can say RDM didn't play him a lot, but not like he could bench Mikel who was playing fantastic)

You're going to blame him for going back to his boyhood club? With Keita leaving, he's going to be the direct backup to Busquets. We knew this could happen, he hinted at possibly returning 1-2 times during the season. Don't be bitter. Not to mention it's a good bit of business by the club to make ~4m for 5 months of playing.