Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I Would let him play as well. A bit unfair on the lad, I can understand if it was a striker or someone but even we choose not to allow him to play, they have a perfect backup in Asenjo. He has been part of the team throughout their Uefa Cup run. We should not deny him from playing in my opinion, will be harsh

we aint a "help a disabled kids dream come true" foundation ffs and Courtois aint a disabled kid. no need to feel sorry for him.

there are some of us fans who travel everywhere to see Chelsea and the club owes it to us to do what is best within the rules to help Chelsea win every game they play in.not what a loaned out youngster who aint done shit yet for Chelsea wants.

i presume the player himself is mature enough in the game of football to understand this..

i don'`t think him saying he would have liked to play in the game is a true indication that he has a problem with his employers decision.

folks who think playing in the game could only be good for his development are focusing too much on a lil part of the picture. if Chelsea spank Athletico it could blow his confidence or if he lets in a howler it could knock his confidence AND hinder his second year on loan .he could be dropped to ride the pine and he could be accused of letting it in deliberately by Athletico players ,coaches and fans.

it`s what is best for Chelsea and could very well be what is best for Courtois himself.

Its a trophy, and I'm glad the club want to win it. I'm not at all surprised by this, most other clubs would come to the same decision.

The Community Shield is a trophy as well, I just don't really care about either. I'd take an away win against a tough side in the league over this game any day. I mean, really, what is the purpose of the game besides another way to make money. To see who the best team in Europe is? Chelsea won the Champions League, the collection of the best teams in Europe. Athletico won the Europa league, a collection of second-tier teams and teams that couldn't advance in the Champions League. We are the Champions of Europe. One meaningless game wont change that.

The Community Shield is a trophy as well, I just don't really care about either. I'd take an away win against a tough side in the league over this game any day. I mean, really, what is the purpose of the game besides another way to make money. To see who the best team in Europe is? Chelsea won the Champions League, the collection of the best teams in Europe. Athletico won the Europa league, a collection of second-tier teams and teams that couldn't advance in the Champions League. We are the Champions of Europe. One meaningless game wont change that.

k if it's such a meaningless game, then who gives a shit if we won't let him play

meaningless game:

pros:

we can still win a trophy

money

cons:

courtois doesnt get to play in a completely meaningless game

no brainer really.

Courtois just confirmed the new Athletico agreement says he CAN play in the Supercup against Chelsea. He will join Athletico back on loan as soon as training starts in again in Athletico.

Great news if true. Where did you hear this? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if already posted elsewhere on the forum:

We will pick up €750,000 from Atletico Madrid for loaning Courtois for another 12 months + €250,000 for club performances.

Now that's a proper way of making business. Not only he gets hell lot of playing time, he also earns money for us.

Retweeted by Courtios:

Inevitable, but good move. Wonder if he's going to be allowed to play against us in the Super Cup.

Saw this...

AtléticoFans.com@AtleticoFans

According to @dsanchidrian, it has been confirmed that Courtois WILL be allowed to take part in the UEFA Super Cup against Chelsea. #Atleti

The original tweet...

Diana Sanchidrián@dsanchidrian

Y lo mas importante: Courtois si podrá jugar la final de la Supercopa de Monaco frente al Chelsea

• 2 weeks later...

The club would be MAD to allow him to play against us, he's a Chelsea player ffs. If the club doesn’t care about winning the Super Cup, then forfeit the game. Otherwise, we must exploit every possible advantage, which includes not allowing Courtois to play.