Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Courtois is on loan from Chelsea currently, but is keen to extend his time at the Vicente Calderon for another campaign.

"I want to play another year here, and then we'll see. I really want to stay here and it will be good for Chelsea for me to play another season at Atletico.

Before he won the cup he said he wanted to come to England to play on loan in the Prem or Championship i feel the longer he stays the more he will like it at Atletico.and might not come back

Courtois will not play in our friendly against England. Thibaut will defend our country this friday against Montenegro.

Probably a normal decision, Mignolet is the one with the premier league experience..

• 2 weeks later...

Thought - As West Ham United have released Rob Green and don't have a huge transfer budget, perhaps this could be the perfect loan move for Thibaut.

West Ham will enter at the bottom of the table, clawing as hard as they can to stay in the Premier League. That's a similar pressure on the players as the guys at the top end of the table trying to win the thing!

I think he needs to experience true gritty football soon. Atletico Madrid have done him good, but if he goes back again, I doubt he'll learn anything further.

I think he can remain at Madrid for 1 more season.

Unless we send in a couple of our defenders there to protect him or his confidence will come crushing down/

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/23222/7797204/Super-Cup-clause-for-Courtois

Chelsea are willing to extend the loan of Thibaut Courtois to Atletico Madrid for a second season - but with one important clause.

The Belgian goalkeeper will not be allowed to play in the UEFA Super Cup between the two sides in Monaco on August 31st.

Atletico secured their place by beating Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League final last month with Courtois starring in goal.

The 20-year-old was already eyeing an extended loan stay at that point and took to Twitter to write: "Now I want to win the Super Cup final with Athletic! I want to go to Neptune!"

Courtois was referring to the Neptune fountain in Madrid, where the club celebrate their trophy successes.

But Chelsea's sensational victory over Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League final appears to have scuppered his plans.

And while the Blues were happy for the 2011 signing from Racing Genk to continue his development away from Stamford Bridge, they do not want him lining up against them.

Atletico coach Diego Simeone feels the decision is tough on the young keeper but accepts it is Chelsea's decision.

Simeone said: "This is bad news for the kid because it is a reward after a big Europa League win.

"But we could not fight too much because Chelsea are the owners."

Personally, I would have liked him to feature against us. Would like to see how he deals with the challenge.

With the back up to Cech solution it's simple, get Jussi Jaskellinen (gazump West Ham's offer) in on rolling 1 year contracts until Courtois finishes his loan programme.

Let Turnbull and Hilario go and make Blackman 3rd choice.

With the back up to Cech solution it's simple, get Jussi Jaskellinen (gazump West Ham's offer) in on rolling 1 year contracts until Courtois finishes his loan programme.

Let Turnbull and Hilario go and make Blackman 3rd choice.

Hilario just signed a one year contract extension back in March.

Thought - As West Ham United have released Rob Green and don't have a huge transfer budget, perhaps this could be the perfect loan move for Thibaut.

West Ham will enter at the bottom of the table, clawing as hard as they can to stay in the Premier League. That's a similar pressure on the players as the guys at the top end of the table trying to win the thing!

I think he needs to experience true gritty football soon. Atletico Madrid have done him good, but if he goes back again, I doubt he'll learn anything further.

I'd rather not see our future keeper play for West Scum.

What's the outrage about? We've done the sensible thing. There's a conflict of interest here if a loaned player is allowed to play against his parent club. We have it in the league, why not here?

Not to mention a PR disaster regardless of the outcome -

"Courtois helps Chelsea beat temporary team''/'' Blues not good enough to beat reserve keeper''.

This is ridiculous. Might be the only European supercup he'll ever play and it would be a great experience for him.. Unbelievable move by Chelsea.

I'd let him play. This is not the Champions League, this is an exhibition game. (Except for the money).