Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

In a Spanish paper Courtois told that he's very happy at Atletico. "I'm settled in. I found a home and am very happy at the club. We won the Europa League and the Spanish league is after the Premier League the strongest one."

He also has no clue what is really gonna happen in the future with him. "I don't know what's gonna happen. I'm very happy here and if i could i would stay for another two or three or even ten years."

He's also hoping he will be the number one in the Belgian campaign for the world cup. "On the 15th of August were playing a big game against the Netherlands. I'm hoping that i will be number one then. If i play well at Atletico then i will get my place with the national team to.

Sounds like he's slowly slipping from our grasp. We would've been better off sending him on loan to another team this season so he wouldn't settle. I'm worried.

More money and more Belgians will get him on our side very quickly. Don't worry.

• 2 weeks later...

Or the club just want to see him in action from close range...against the champions of europe.

Well, that would be rather pointless. The club would have had scouts watching his every move since we signed him, against the likes of the mighty Real Madrid/Barcelona etc.

If the club cared about winning this game we would be exploiting every possible advantage.

Sounds like he's slowly slipping from our grasp. We would've been better off sending him on loan to another team this season so he wouldn't settle. I'm worried.

Ive been saying that since the end of last season but get told to relax ,he is sure to come to us. Like you I am worried

Yeah, lets send him somewhere where he wont play and somewhere he is not happy. That will be fantastic for his development... I think we should be happy that he is doing fine in Madrid. And im sure that when the time comes he will be glad to take another step up to one of the best clubs in the world.

He should not have been allowed to play, but it's such a big game that i can understand letting him do so.

How many times in his football career will he get a chance to play in a Super cup? and also the fact that he played a big part in helping Atletico get there.

He should not have been allowed to play, but it's such a big game that i can understand letting him do so.

How many times in his football career will he get a chance to play in a Super cup? and also the fact that he played a big part in helping Atletico get there.

I think that not letting him play would be to bad for his morale and his thoughs about this club. I think we made the right decision.

Yeah, lets send him somewhere where he wont play and somewhere he is not happy. That will be fantastic for his development... I think we should be happy that he is doing fine in Madrid. And im sure that when the time comes he will be glad to take another step up to one of the best clubs in the world.

Real Madrid , Barcelona or PSG ??

i have some concerns about him liking Spain too much and trying to force a move there in the future but it`s more to do with if Barcelona or Real become strongly interested in him.

the only concern i have over him wanting to stay and force a move to Athletico is if in the next year they get serious financial investment,to the extent where they could seriously challenge Barcelona and Real for the title and become contenders in the CL. he had a successful first year with them but i don`t see it getting any better for them without that serious injection of cash to improve the overall talent level of their squad. at some point he will realize this and want to challenge for the big trophies like we do every year.

i hope this season is his last in Spain just incase any of those worse case scenarios come true...i don`t think it matters half as much as it does with outfield players what level of competition a keeper plays at when on loan. he has already played in infront of big crowds and shown he can handle it.

If there just was a way to nurture understudy goalkeepers into starting positions without risking anything in the season or stoping the development. The problem with goalkeepers is that if they are rested too much they sort of have to regain their sharpness as well. De Gea/Lindegaard at United last season was a prime example.

Hopefully Courtois joins Chelsea and Petr Cech next season and somehow gets some playing time.