Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Conte wasn't exactly a big fan of Emerson when he was here, was he? 

We brought him in mid-season having barely recovered from a one year long injury, safe to say no manager would have been a fan of that signing. And then he was sacked. In hindsight I understand why he didn't play him much, that doesn't mean he didn't like him and Emerson's now fully  recovered and match fit. Conte's no fool and knows Serie A is not EPL, Italy is probably a more suitable league for Emerson anyway. I think it is plausible that he could be on his target list.

On 31/05/2019 at 5:38 AM, Vesper said:

Emerson will remain at Chelsea this summer, the defender’s agent has confirmed.

https://readchelsea.com/2019/05/30/emerson-agent-confirms-client-will-remain-with-chelsea/

I am happy with this

now SELL ALONSO!

do not care if Emerson's backup is Dasilva (his height worries me) or Baba (who has looked great at Stade de Reims in Ligue 1 top flight footie so would roll with him) whilst we wait for our true future (at least backup in a few) LB to mature........... Juan Familio-Castillo (I think the lad is going to be a playa)

just sell MA (AM and Real both want him so MAKE IT RAIN!)

Castillo looks certain to leave this summer.

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Oh shit, grrrrrrrrr. :(

He's out of contract on 1st July, there's not been even a hint of a renewal and he's given an interview to Dutch media saying he does not expect to breakthrough at Chelsea. We can't wish ourselves out of the fact that two and two really do make four.

On 5/31/2019 at 9:46 AM, Jason said:

Conte wasn't exactly a big fan of Emerson when he was here, was he? 

Different formation, system, and tactics, so no not going to happen. Emerson is a very traditional LB.

He was poor in the first half along with a few other players (against arsenal), but grew with the team in the second half. He defended well and even produced that great early cross for giroud. Does not look like Cl quality atm, but who does in our squad? Kante? The rest will need to improve or be improved on.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Strike said:

Laughing at all those suggesting last season that Alonso was on the same level or better! This guy is a solid left back

😂 I remember those comments. 

I am starting to see a trend here. 

The players are only as good as their last game.

I made a comment midway through second half of last season that Emerson would be so much better if he developed a bit of confidence, aggression and proactiveness to his game - and how Andy Robertson does that really well. Tbh I thought it would come soon enough with being more comfortable as he got more games under Sarri but it never did..under Lampard now it seems to have come and he looks so improved. In attack and defence. In fact perhaps his defence is the most impressive improvement. Only two games but looking good.

I also agree that in last two games he has been good everywhere other than final ball..but it also shows that to be a strong full back it’s not just the crossing..eg with Azpi and Alonso their poor crossing wasn’t the only thing hindering them. With Emerson he’s still able to support the attack quickly, break lines and interchange play quickly. And he plays out from back well. Maybe/hopefully the final ball comes. Still, in last two games he has hit crossbar, tested ‘keeper (against United), created the Pulisic offside goal and I believe scored his third pen in a shootout for us now, while injured, good effort.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Laughing at all those suggesting last season that Alonso was on the same level or better! This guy is a solid left back

Alonso scored 2 goals or something like that in the beginning of the season last season. Wait till Emerson play for at least half a season to judge 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Alonso scored 2 goals or something like that in the beginning of the season last season. Wait till Emerson play for at least half a season to judge 

Scored only 1 - against Arsenal. Scored only 3 more after that - against United, Dynamo Kiev and Slavia Prague.

And are you suggesting Emerson should be judged on goals? 

Just now, Jason said:

Scored only 1 - against Arsenal. Scored only 3 more after that - against United, Dynamo Kiev and Sparta Prague.

Yet another time you or someone else mix up the Prague clubs. It was Slavia Prague. It is like saying CSKA Moscow while meaning Spartak Moscow, or Man City and Man United.

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Scored only 1 - against Arsenal. Scored only 3 more after that - against United, Dynamo Kiev and Slavia Prague.

Nope but I remembered Alonso played quite well in the beginning of the season.