Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

I like Emerson, I don't think he's the finished product yet and I believe he still has a lot of potential to improve. He's been steadily improving since recovering from that serious injury and with him now having finally nailed the starting spot, it's the first time since recovery that he's consistently getting consecutive games, so I expect him to continue improving as he plays more. Who knows, by the end of the season we might be talking about signing a backup left back instead of a replacement.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/09/06/emerson-palmieri-reflects-on-an-important-win-for-italy-and--the?cardIndex=0-3

‘I think it’s the best period of my career,’ he added. ‘I’m very happy at Chelsea, just as I was last season, but obviously a player is always happier when he plays regularly.’

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Thank you Juve for screwing us over Sandro. 

What's more stupid is that when Sarri leaves there was report that he wanted to buy him, yet when he was here he hardly play him. 

Bunch of clowns! 

What's more stupid is that when Sarri leaves there was report that he wanted to buy him, yet when he was here he hardly play him. 
Bunch of clowns! 
Juve were after him before Sarri joined. They are a club that pick targets themselves & the manager just has to make do.

https://www.football-italia.net/139153/first-juve-emerson-bid-rejected

Hmm wasn’t sarri the one and only manager who gave him the spot in the starting xi? However you feel about Alonso he was an important player under conte and winning the pl at that!

it is just natural, as things happen in clubs, that Alonso had the benefit of the doubt, even in a back 4.

I give little value to good performances against weak opposition. We can easily find willian in a great showing against a nobody in sa. We should aim higher.

I guess for me to see what you guys see in Emerson, he needs to improve his final ball a bit. I’m not saying he’s got to score in every game, but he needs to become a threat when left alone and I don’t yet see that. For me right now he’s only a decent/good player nothing more.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well deserved, hes starting to change my mind. Didnt think he was really gonna be good enough but hes really kicked on the last 6 or 7 months.

Its defensively he's suprised me.

Going forward I still think his decision making is sketchy but going the other way he's gone from a liability to solid almost overnight.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well deserved, hes starting to change my mind. Didnt think he was really gonna be good enough but hes really kicked on the last 6 or 7 months.

it was that particular type of knee injury, they take a LONG time to fully heal and for the player to fully come back to form (if they ever do, see Zouma for example of a player NOT yet back, and probably never will be FULLY)

this Emerson is the Emerson I loved in Roma

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Why are we in a rush to offer him a new contract? He still has 3 years left and I'd rather wait till the end of the season before attempting to do so - assess his performances, improvement then and make sure he's not just having a purple patch and our options as a whole. Last thing we need is another situation like Alonso's, where we gave him a new contract because he did well in a back 3 but he's now fallen out of favor with a different system, manager etc, and we have a deadwood on a long term contract. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why are we in a rush to offer him a new contract? He still has 3 years left and I'd rather wait till the end of the season before attempting to do so - assess his performances, improvement then and make sure he's not just having a purple patch and our options as a whole. Last thing we need is another situation like Alonso's, where we gave him a new contract because he did well in a back 3 but he's now fallen out of favor with a different system, manager etc, and we have a deadwood on a long term contract. 

I think Courtois, Hazard and CHO situation made our board do things differently. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

The last 6 or 7 months he has been really good. I think its form that shows that he is definitely worthy of a renewal. He is our first choice LB comfortably. We could wait longer but again undoubtedly other clubs will have noticed, Juventus especially who have wanted him before (and this summer). Wouldnt be surprised if there were other clubs too. Plus its not always as easy as offering a deal and it being signed the next day, as we have seen with CHO. Dont see why being in a rush is an issue? Its hardly as if we are offering him 180k after 10 Europs Leagues like certain others. It makes perfect sense.

To fend off interest from other teams or agent wanting better terms for a starter?  

Trend as of late at the club.