Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

20 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
22 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:
Kennedy is not, and never has been, good enough for a top end Premier League club. If he is in our squad next season it will be an indication that our ambition to regain title challenger status is not going well.

The suggestion was based on our ban not being overturned. If you think we'll be challenging for the title with a ban in place, you're more optimistic than most Chelsea fans.

Even if the ban is upheld we have better options than Kennedy.

I said nothing about how we will do next season. I simply implied that we have an ambition the regain title challenger status, and we do. That's just a statement of fact. We'll all be amazed if CFCM threaten to win the league next season, but we'll be dismayed if we don't at least take a step in the right direction. Including Kennedy in next season's squad will not help with that.

Even if the ban is upheld we have better options than Kennedy.

I said nothing about how we will do next season. I simply implied that we have an ambition the regain title challenger status, and we do. That's just a statement of fact. We'll all be amazed if CFCM challenge for the title next season, but we'll be dismayed if we don't take a step in the right direction. Including Kennedy in next season's squad will not help with that.

Give me two better options that are currently out on loan and can play on the wing (the criteria set previously)?

We don't have a plethora of players that fit that description and I'm not talking about promoting a youngster.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Give me two better options that are currently out on loan and can play on the wing (the criteria set previously)?

We don't have a plethora of players that fit that description and I'm not talking about promoting a youngster.

I do understand the point the other poster is making. I am of the same opinion too.

It's simply not about who we have out on loan or not. It's about having the best possible squad. Even with willian and Pedro on the wrong side of 30, those 2 will still be miles ahead of Kennedy. 

I do understand the point the other poster is making. I am of the same opinion too.
It's simply not about who we have out on loan or not. It's about having the best possible squad. Even with willian and Pedro on the wrong side of 30, those 2 will still be miles ahead of Kennedy. 
I would prefer us to have depth and potentially part way with Barca's dream purchase regardless of the ban.

Kenedy is more than adequate to do a job IMO.

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Give me two better options on our books that are currently out on loan and can play on the wing (the criteria set previously)?

Firstly, I would take any of our current squad members over Kennedy.

Secondly, although I understand that your criteria excludes them, there are at least two development squad players I'd deploy on the wing ahead of Kennedy.

Thirdly from the loan army, I'd turn to two sets of players ahead of Kennedy. The first group includes wingers and attacking players who can play wide. The second group consists of fullbacks whose attacking attributes I prefer to Kennedy's. Putting that into a single list, l would go with any of;  Baker, Dasilva, Kylian Hazard, Mount, Musonda, Palmer, Piazon, and Sterling. To be clear, I'm saying I would expect a better contribution from any of those players in a wide attacking role than I would from Kennedy.

For good measure, I would also give a squad place to Victor Moses in preference to Kennedy. The Brazilian just isn't a player I like.

Secondly, although I understand that your criteria excludes them, there are at least two development squad players I'd deploy on the wing ahead of Kennedy.
Thirdly from the loan army, I'd turn to two sets of players ahead of Kennedy. The first group includes wingers and attacking players who can play wide. The second group consists of fullbacks whose attacking attributes I prefer to Kennedy's. Turning that into a single list, l would go with any of;  Baker, Dasilva, Kylian Hazard, Mount, Musonda, Palmer, Piazon, and Sterling. To be clear, I'm sayAbrahaming I would expect a better contribution from any of those players in a wide attacking role than I would from Kennedy.
For good measure, I would also give a squad place to Victor Moses in preference to Kennedy. The Brazilian just isn't a player I like.
I think it's just a personal thing, then.

Going as far to mention Piazon (played 3 in 14 for Chievo) & Kylian ahead of him says enough.

Lets just hope the ban puts this sort of discussion to bed.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I would prefer us to have depth and potentially part way with Barca's dream purchase regardless of the ban.

Kenedy is more than adequate to do a job IMO.

i am one of Willian's fiercest critics but he is miles above Kenedy and will always be. Kenedy really is an average average footballer.

On 04/05/2019 at 9:54 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thirdly from the loan army, I'd turn to two sets of players ahead of Kennedy. The first group includes wingers and attacking players who can play wide. The second group consists of fullbacks whose attacking attributes I prefer to Kennedy's. Putting that into a single list, l would go with any of;  Baker, Dasilva, Kylian Hazard, Mount, Musonda, Palmer, Piazon, and Sterling. To be clear, I'm saying I would expect a better contribution from any of those players in a wide attacking role than I would from Kennedy.

Kenedy is shit, and yes bring back Moses, if the bans are not deferred is a viable option.

Mario Pašalić is having a great year at Atalanta (7 goals, 7 assists in only half a seasons minutes), surely we must finally ditch Drinkwater and give Pasa a shot in MF, I think he can help a lot.

Baba I am torn on, he has looked really good in France, and I HATE Alonso, plus obviously Emerson is the starter now

I would not lose my mind if we cashed in on Alonso and just rolled with Emerson and Jay Dasilva (that will never happen)

the loan army I rate long term (not saying all or even many will end up long term starters for us other than a couple)

Ola Aina (but Torino have said they will buy him on his option

Reece James (obviously, and curse all hades that he is not a LB!!!)

Jake Clarke-Salter

Jay Dasilva (I just worry a tad about his size, he is so so short)

Dujon Sterling

Trevoh Chalobah

Fikayo Tomori 

Mason Mount

and the ones we may have to recall due to the bans (then sell them after the bans, unless they really come good, which I doubt they do)

Mario Pašalić (certainly worth a shot to replace Drinkwater)

Happy (not a good fit though, but with Rudiger injured probably into next season, may have to do it)

Bakayoko (eeek, huge roll of dice if we do not sell him to AC Milan)

Tammy

Bats (maybe, eeek)

Moses (eeek)

Marco van Ginkel needs to be sold to PSV if he is healthy enough

Baker, Palmer, and Brown are never going to be good enough

the rest not on this list need to be flushed (and many on here eventually as well)

• 3 weeks later...

Emerson will remain at Chelsea this summer, the defender’s agent has confirmed.

https://readchelsea.com/2019/05/30/emerson-agent-confirms-client-will-remain-with-chelsea/

I am happy with this

now SELL ALONSO!

do not care if Emerson's backup is Dasilva (his height worries me) or Baba (who has looked great at Stade de Reims in Ligue 1 top flight footie so would roll with him) whilst we wait for our true future (at least backup in a few) LB to mature........... Juan Familio-Castillo (I think the lad is going to be a playa)

just sell MA (AM and Real both want him so MAKE IT RAIN!)