The Conte Thread

20 minutes ago, milka said:

Conte need new team to attack   EPL Title .

We need  defender , central midfielder , playmaker , Forward + sell  Mikel , Baba , Remy ,Oscar and maybe Ivanovic .

Baba, you must kidding me. He is great left defender for 4-2-4 tactic.

Already trouble in paradis, maybe now Conte knows what he has signed up for. Unbelievable naive that he didn't include tranfers in his contract, now it's getting tough, but at least he has been taught a lesson for life. 'Abramovich looking less impressed' tells a good story!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Yeah right, like the bloody media know what's in Roman's mind, impressed or not. They know jack shit.

Yeah right, like the bloody media know what's in Roman's mind, impressed or not. They know jack shit.

I'm sure some journalist was sitting at this secret meeting between 4 club executives and could see Abramovich's facial expressions. [emoji23]

8 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Antonio Conte eager to make another 4 signings ahead of the new season (Telegraph) #CFC

Conte laid out his demands in a stormy 2-hour summit meeting with Abramovich, director Marina Granovskaia and Michael Emenalo (Mirror) #CFC

Conte fears he'll have no chance leading #CFC to the title if his squad isn't drastically improved. Wants new signings in ALL depts (Mirror)

Crunch hotel talks [with Conte/Roman/Marina/Emenalo] took place last Saturday night in Austria after defeat to Rapid Vienna. (Mirror) #CFC

Abramovich is understood to have walked away from the talks looking less than impressed, according to witnesses. (Mirror) #CFC

A further meeting was held the next day before Abramovich watched training. (Mirror) #CFC

Another striker and centre-back are top of #CFC list of priorities. Chelsea have had two bids for Alvaro Morata turned down (Mirror) #CFC

Chelsea are keeping tabs on Everton striker Romelu Lukaku. #ASRoma’s Radja Nainggolan remains a central midfield target. #CFC #EFC (Mirror)

In defence, #Juventus Leonardo Bonucci, #Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly and #ASRoma’s Kostas Manolas are all on Chelsea's radar. (Mirror) #CFC

There are fears among the #CFC hierarchy that it will be difficult to deliver the players Conte wants with increased competition (Mirror)

Abramovich is ready to back Conte with the Italian’s concerns about #CFC missing out on the top 4 if they don't bolster their squad (Mirror)

Hard to believe that Conte has made a similar speech about not being able to win,is the opposite of what he said in various interviews and his philosophy of life based on work.But surely Chelsea however must strengthen in defense, midfield and attack especially now that the MU has stolen Pogba to Juventus.

31 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea are no longer a dominant force in the transfer market - and club chiefs are worried

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-no-longer-dominant-force-8477539

That article is nearly ten years out of date. Of course we aren't dominant. Have they just noticed?

In any case we were never truly dominant. We had the biggest budget for a few short years but we were never able to attract the very best players. Right from the start of the Roman era the pattern was established where clubs fleeced us for top prices but never quite sold us the top players.

CFC officials have been dealing with the reality of Chelsea's transfer position for a long time. They know the score and so do most of us here.

11 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Well, according to my sources (:P they're still better than the DM, Sun and Mirror) the kid is talented, technical, killer instinct ,but already has an arrogant attitude about himself (not as bad as Lukaku though) thinking he's something very special. He's small, but fast, and in a sense could be compared to Walcott. 

He could develop into a very good player, but he isn't on the level to move to big team yet. Discussing with my boys, we came to the conclusion it'd be good for his career to go to one of the three Portuguese teams, a medium team in Spain or maybe even a big in Italy and see how he develops after it. 

I don't know anything myself, as I stated before, but I've never rated Theo, so I don't think I'd rate Gabriel either. Also his picture when you google him is ridiculous, omg, he has terrible styling(footballers normally do these days). Between the three guys I asked, only one thought maybe he could come to Chelsea, the other two don't think it'd be good for Chelsea (or the kid).

Unfortunately I start working in a week from now, and God knows how my life will be after vacation is over. I hope to make some time to be around more often.

Dude, I really don't have a problem with you, I swear, I even got along with you while I used to post, but seriously, what are you still doing here? I don't mean as a Chelsea fan, but in the forum. You seem delighted with the possibility of Conte having trouble with the board or vice-versa, you want Mourinho's team to beat Chelsea to punish players that Mourinho himself brought here and who Mourinho himself burned bridges with when he started behaving in an improper way, you're more active in Mourinho's thread than you seem to be in the rest of the forum. So I ask again, what are you still doing here - picking silly discussions and collecting people to dislike you? Of course, I'm not kicking you out (don't have the power or even the will to do that), I'm just questioning what's the point of come here to post about this kind of stuff. You're making no friends with such statements and it's very clear to everyone how you feel about Mourinho, what Chelsea and Mourinho did to each other last year and the current team and manager. Maybe you could take a break from the forum.

And talking about naive, let me tell you something, managers - let alone head coaches - don't have such things on their contracts about transfers. They could have a line or two mentioning they must have a saying in new contracts, but in a club with loan culture such as Chelsea, it's really irrelevant. Less and less managers have this power in football nowadays, as their tenure are shorter and shorter . Clubs keep making investments in the kind of people they hire to make part of their boards, and there's a reason for that. Suggesting that Conte or anyone else should have such a clause in their contract is beyond naive... which is ironic.

It's not only his propaganda of what he did to those players, but how some of them were picked by him and he had the ability to develop them into those talents they became. He has an eye for players with potential and a good hand to work with them. Not only this could be good propaganda to attract players that want similar development in their careers, but also tells a lot about Conte himself. We should definitely trust the unproven players he brings because if he has his eye on them is because he sees a potential he could help develop, which is great because it makes for good bargain tag prices and have players develop to meet our needs, not the other way around. It's always better to develop the player rather than get the final product because there's no guarantee a big name in one league will be as successful in another, except the very, very very top players that could play anywhere. Also, developing a player means that he already knows and has been adapted not only to the league, but to the club style and philosophy (two things Chelsea desperate need to establish and start working on).

Thanks for the info your wee legend :D

Antonio recently gave two interviews to Chelsea TV and I AM NOT talking about post-match interviews.

Could you please try to find them from different source and put them here ? I will look for them myself in any case. If there was one good guy that could extract those videos from their website ...

4 hours ago, Barbara said:

Dude, I really don't have a problem with you, I swear, I even got along with you while I used to post, but seriously, what are you still doing here? I don't mean as a Chelsea fan, but in the forum...

Nice text, put a lot of thought in it for someone who doesn't care, mhh. You don't like it, ignore it, if the problem still exists, enable the ignore function which should help. As far as i'm concerned i simply write my opinion, i don't like the board, but i'm still a fan of the club, so i think reading and sometimes posting is just fine. Sometimes i go to far, call me out and i consider, maybe i agree with you and will apologise. I try to attack the opinion, not the poster. If anyone from the 'police' thinks we need more yes men, ban me, otherwise i won't go away. In which thread i choose to write is none of your business.

What you said about Mourinho is your opinion, i stated mine in the Mourinho thread. The things all of us have to say are opinions, not facts, so nice try with the lecture.

Fuck me, i have different problems, lost my phone at a friend's wedding, but this text, i couldn't let stand.

Good night!