The Conte Thread

We need to transfer my idea of football and for this reason I need a bit of time. But I'm happy to have this great telepathy with the players because we are changing the work compared to the last seasons, in the physical and tactical aspect.

:clap:

18 hours ago, Jason said:
" He also graduated with Honours in Physical Education with a thesis on "Psychology
Hes going to need it to get into ALL the lads heads when they're being sick and wanting to punch him lol
I've fully bought inro him already but fuck I hope we get our defence sorted out. Its the only thing that worries me right now.

Passion + hard work stood out, most fans wouldn't have minded as much if we showed more passion last season.Hard but fair Mr Conte seems. Hopefully Kante's passion and engine helps to kickstart ConteCfc era plus others follow suit.

32 minutes ago, mccg said:

Passion + hard work stood out, most fans wouldn't have minded as much if we showed more passion last season.Hard but fair Mr Conte seems. Hopefully Kante's passion and engine helps to kickstart ConteCfc era plus others follow suit.

I hope he kickstarts Matic!

1 minute ago, mccg said:

Mmm might need a kickup the the arse , ohh to have Matic of 14/15 season back!

Well he started nodding off after Jan time. But so did all the others. We were just lucky to have some points in hand and the other teams playing worse than us.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Well he started nodding off after Jan time. But so did all the others. We were just lucky to have some points in hand and the other teams playing worse than us.

True . Interesting to see if he goes in transfer market? If we had a crystal ball and see that he wouldn't return to 14/15 season form then I would flog him lol.

4 minutes ago, mccg said:

True . Interesting to see if he goes in transfer market? If we had a crystal ball and see that he wouldn't return to 14/15 season form then I would flog him lol.

I'd keep him unless it was going to benifit us player wise. We owe Juve sod all. See how much the need Matuc after Pogs gone - See hes APPARENTLY  holding out for RM

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I'd keep him unless it was going to benifit us player wise. We owe Juve sod all. See how much the need Matuc after Pogs gone - See hes APPARENTLY  holding out for RM

Yeah I'd keep him 4sure as that area and CB are great concern to me . Yeah if that is the case our board better grab a set and play hardball for once, and they still want "square" lol also ! Matic+Square+50mill for Pogba+Bonucci if not jog on.

Antonio Conte is just about to give his first press conference in LA. Highlights to appear here...

Conte: 'In these two days we worked a lot but we want to play a good game against Liverpool and I want to see improvement of my players.'

Conte: 'When you have a bad season like last season for Chelsea I think the blame is a bit with all.'

Conte: 'For this reason it’s important to create a good spirit and stay together, both if we win or lose.'

Conte: 'We have to trust in our work, our ideas and our confidence. This is the most important thing.'

Conte on fatigue in his players: 'I know they are a bit tired but it’s normal. It’s important to prepare a good season.'

Conte: 'Matic is an important player for me, a very important player. In my idea of football he is an important player and he knows this.'

Conte on Kante: 'He played a fantastic season with Leicester, for me a good Euros, and now I can’t wait to see him and work with him'

Conte: ' N’Golo, Nemanja, Cesc, Oscar, Chalobah and Mikel who is in the Olympics, it is not easy to choose. I want to have this problem.'

Conte: 'The spirit is always important. You can have a fantastic player but if there isn’t a team, good spirit, then it’s very difficult.'

That's all from Antonio for today. More to come online later...

From Chelsea's twitter account.

Conte: 'Matic is an important player for me, a very important player. In my idea of football he is an important player and he knows this. N’Golo, Nemanja, Cesc, Oscar, Chalobah and Mikel who is in the Olympics, it is not easy to choose. I want to have this problem.'

Couple of things I noticed in that comment. First of all no mention of RLC there and considering the position he's played so far in pre-season, does Conte really not see him as a central midfielder? And second, it's starting to look increasingly likely that Chalobah is staying with the first team squad this season, which would be really fantastic if you ask me. 

11 minutes ago, Jype said:

Conte: 'Matic is an important player for me, a very important player. In my idea of football he is an important player and he knows this. N’Golo, Nemanja, Cesc, Oscar, Chalobah and Mikel who is in the Olympics, it is not easy to choose. I want to have this problem.'

Couple of things I noticed in that comment. First of all no mention of RLC there and considering the position he's played so far in pre-season, does Conte really not see him as a central midfielder? And second, it's starting to look increasingly likely that Chalobah is staying with the first team squad this season, which would be really fantastic if you ask me. 

I think it's high-time we build a statue for Mikel. He's going to outlast everyone at the club.

29 minutes ago, Jype said:

I wouldn't over analyse to be honest.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Our English quota is on its last legs, Terry will probably be gone next summer and Cahill is hopefully a squad player from here on in, i think that is almost forcing Conte's hand to use the academy, not that I'm complaining per se, just as long as the players promoted have potential to be Chelsea level.

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think it's high-time we build a statue for Mikel. He's going to outlast everyone at the club.

I don't think Conte actually likes Mikel as a player, id be surprised if he gets a new deal and will probably be subjected to the role Kalou got under AVB, ie as few minutes as possible.

21 hours ago, Jype said:

...it's starting to look increasingly likely that Chalobah is staying with the first team squad this season, which would be really fantastic if you ask me. 

I have to admit that it's been a very long time since I felt Nate had Chelsea chances. In fact, I have been suggesting it would be best if he was allowed to leave.To be fair to the lad however,  his preseason form has not come out of the blue; he was good in Austria, but he was brilliant in Toulon. Fingers crossed that this is an indication of where his game is now and not just a misleading patch of form.

The problem being is in the past some of the so called fringe players have done well in pre-season but the 'old favorites' outlook always seem to come in. I'm a massive believer in taking a chance on someone if they show real worth, and if this is the case with Nate then fucking do it.

I'm also seeing and hearing things from Conte that indicates to me that we are a million miles away from what Mourinho wanted and who he wanted 'around'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3709645/Antonio-Conte-expresses-concern-crazy-transfer-market-believes-important-maintain-passion.html

I agree with Conte that market has gone crazy but I don't think we can win the league with this team anyway. We still must spend something especially on defenders.