The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I'm too excited. I think Conte is going to take the league by storm. You know, if he manages to fend off all these great managers (Klopp, Mourinho, Pep, Wenger) and win some titles over the next few seasons, people will finally put the due respect on his name. 

Not only that, the fad with Italian manager will be back in style.

Remember how this was the fad years ago?

Well to be fair in history Italy have produce a large bulk of top managers.

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

EVERYTHING goes in cycles. It surely cant only be the money that has attracted some of the worlds biggest managers to the PL this season. They must see some trend about to happen.

I wonder wher Allegri will be next season? I had a thought he might take over from vinegar tits in North London

Conte's respect isn't overdue. He's had only 3 seasons managing a top team in a top league. Pep, Mourinho, & Wenger, all have 10+ years of proof that they can manage the top teams in top leagues. Conte hasn't been around long enough to 'finally' get credit, he hasn't even been balling in the same league as the others. Whenever the abstract respect comes it'll be right on time. This here is his first chance to earn his respect outside of Italy. There is nothing overdue. He still has it all to prove.

10 minutes ago, Clevemayer said:

Really you both said he is no  b2b or cm, cause he was #10 for brazil, so the position suits him Best.  I always See him in Lamps pos or alongside cm

Must be on drugs. I never said such a thing about Oscar, specially because I see no reason why a #10 couldn't play as a CM or a b2b. The only time I bashed you was when you were saying Kakuta would be a super player...

This is not the first time you come with this kind of thing. You should be really careful before posting that I said things that I have not.

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

Tbf I always thought we were known in the rest of the world to consistently produce top managers. I mean, we do know what real football is about :P 
I always thought that an average Italian manager will always have a tactical advantage over a (insert other random country) average manager. The exceptions are few.

What I like about Contes interview was his insisting that Cescys red doesn't stop them from going in hard.

The Italian wants viewers to turn on the TV and recognise his team from their style and identity without noticing the individual players, the colour of the kit or the badge on their chests.

'I like my team to play with great aggression and high intensity,' said Conte. 'I like to see that.

'We train to prepare for that because I want that my team has an identity.

'I want that if you see Chelsea you recognize: Oh, Chelsea are playing. That is important for me, it is important for the club and the owner; everyone.'

At Juventus he was able to blend this with success, winning the Serie A title three times in three years, playing an aggressive and intense brand of football.

'This is my football and everywhere I have been I have been I have worked at that,' said Conte. 'I always gave an identity to my teams.

'I am searching to transfer this to my players and I am pleased because I see a great attitude.

'I want to continue in this way because this is the only way to come back very soon for the title. Not to speak, but actions. Now is not the moment to talk.'

10 hours ago, Henrique said:

Must be on drugs. I never said such a thing about Oscar, specially because I see no reason why a #10 couldn't play as a CM or a b2b. The only time I bashed you was when you were saying Kakuta would be a super player...

This is not the first time you come with this kind of thing. You should be really careful before posting that I said things that I have not.

No seriously. That kongohasnoflash and  rmpr said he must be #10 you said #10 or winger cause thats his natural pos he played before. No we disagree more often for example when i said mikel was a great asset to the Team but too lazy smtms, on mou coming back,  etc... But thats normal i smtms think you r controversial but more often then not have valubale Input. Have only my mobile cause switching my internetprovider ATM Else i would search a bit the topics