The Conte Thread

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

All good but is this sustainable in the whole season and in the coming season? Especially in the coming season, we shall see if the players are able to accept this. 

Its worth mentioning (i think) that Conte has a degree in Sports exercise. 

Anway, the off season is for building the athletic side of the sport and then the actual season is for maintaining that fitness and making sure the recovery is there throughout the campaign. 

Put another way, pre season is for getting fit and improving (if possible) to a new level of fitness and then the season is about maintaining that level. 

3 hours ago, superfrank8 said:

Think the double training sessions are just for pre-season to get the players back into shape as soon as possible. Doing them after the season starts could result in more injuries.

This is true. Of course he isn't going to do double training sessions when the team got several matches a week sometimes.

He has however always done double training sessions at pre-season, also with Juve. As the poster above says, this is really not that unusual for any clubs.

I'll come up with something to say in a little bit, after I read today's news related to Conte and the team. It's just I can't be culprit of having Mourinho's thread once again as the last active thread from Matthew Harding in the HP.

A relevant post will come later, for now I'm just working on making it look right ;)

45 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I'll come up with something to say in a little bit, after I read today's news related to Conte and the team. It's just I can't be culprit of having Mourinho's thread once again as the last active thread from Matthew Harding in the HP.

A relevant post will come later, for now I'm just working on making it look right ;)

While you are working on your thoughts, and I agree with your rationale, I will jump in.

I cannot, as well as the rest of you, even start to predict how the Conte era will start and play out over time, BUT I have to admit I really like his approach to the game and attitude. I hope all the players will get their act in gear and dedicate themselves to Conte's system and Chelsea FC. I never want to see a replay of last year's lack of focus/effort.

If we can add another striker and one (or two preferably) CBs, I think we can have a fun year. I find Conte's style refreshing.

The media spotlight and pressure will be on Pep and JM in Manchester. We have no games in Europe. We have one primary goal, Premier League, and a couple of domestic cups. Conte may be just the guy at just the right time.

I am looking forward to the games in the US v. Liverpool, Real, etc. Good warm up games. I am ready for August 15th and West Ham at the Bridge now!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Barbara, I now give you the floor back :D

On 7/21/2016 at 8:39 AM, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Wait... Wait WHAT?! 

Last season's preseason was an absolute joke and for me remains the main reason for our horrific season.

Conte is doing nothing unusual with double sessions. Most teams do that in preseason, including us apart from last season. 

EDIT: Really shouldn't post before I read all the posts. Barbara pretty much covered this in a manner that puts my half-arsed attempt to shame!