The English Football Thread

Steve

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Tomáš Souček looks like a baller in most games I have seen him (including Slavia Prague)

He is actually a really good midfielder, down to earth person and a solid goalscorer. Certainly one of the best in the current national team. I just hate when he scores against us and scores an own goal against Spurs lol.

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

If Watford go down (which is starting to look likely), we should be all over Sarr as an option for the AM4 position. Although not the same type of players, him and Torres look like they may be available and probably cheaper than they should be. Two excellent young players. 

I watched Mourinho's pre-Leicester press conference and he seems ultra motivated to win their last 2 matches and get a Europa spot. Like, he seems borderline desperate for his club to get a EL spot because he thinks it'll be fantastic for their development. He says that he has been really hammering home how massive 3 points would be for them in training.

With Leicester's injuries and with the pressure they'll be under, let us hope that serial bottlers Tottenham can squeak one out for us. We need a Mourinho miracle! 🙏🏼

19 minutes ago, King Kante said:

If Watford go down (which is starting to look likely), we should be all over Sarr as an option for the AM4 position. Although not the same type of players, him and Torres look like they may be available and probably cheaper than they should be. Two excellent young players. 

Surely Cantwell, Grealish, Mings, Ake will stay in PL...

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Surely Cantwell, Grealish, Mings, Ake will stay in PL...

Not really fussed about any of those players. Cantwell maybe, but for me Mings is not that great (although a decent midtable CB), Ake isn't what we need due to his height and lack of leadership and Grealish for me is one of those players that is best off as a big fish in a small pond. 

I do like Cantwell, but I do not see the need for him. 

Also, I see B'mouth escaping at Watford's expense owing to the goal difference, form and games left to play. They really should've got at least a draw at City.

Isamila Sarr could be a nice back up winger instead of signing Benrahma. Sarr is probably the quickest player in the league, tall, strong and technically proficien ton top of that. A package we desperately need. I can see him improving upon his even momentarily not too shabby output. he could be an absolute menace coming from the bench. Other than that maybe Ben Foster as back up goalie.

Cantwell is talented but i dont think he would be useful in our system at all.

Graelish might be a "leader" on the pitch but he is a problem child off it with drink driving and all this shit. stay clear.

1 minute ago, Milan said:

He is actually a really good midfielder, down to earth person and a solid goalscorer. Certainly one of the best in the current national team. I just hate when he scores against us and scores an own goal against Spurs lol.

I always liked the Czech team in may sports, hockey too (international hockey is the only time II watch, when Sweden is in the finals)

damn shame the Slovaks are not still put in with the Czechs (hello Skriniar, Dubravka (although Vaclik is quite good) Hamsik (more in the past) , Stanislav Lobotka, Ondrej Duda, Lászlo Bénes and Robert Bozenik )

same thing goes for the former Yugoslavia

imagine THAT football team if they had all the players who would be in a Yugo team

GK Jan Oblak

CB Nikola Milenkovic

CB  Stefan Savic or Duje Caleta-Car and soon Strahinja Pavlovic, a 1.94m left footed 19yo monster Serb, plus the old warhorse Lovren

LB Sead Kolasinac or soon Domagoj Bradaric ( Aleksandar Kolarov is soon too old (next season,probably) a shame as he used to be a BEAST)

RB Šime Vrsaljko 

DMF  Marcelo Brozovic or Miralem Pjanic

CMF Sergej Milinkovic-Savic or Mateo Kovacic or Luka Modrić or Ivan Rakitić or Nemanja Maksimovic

AMF Filip Kostic or Dani Olmo or Nikola Vlasic

LW  Ante Rebic or Milot Rashica or Ivan Perisic

RW  Dejan Kulusevski or Dusan Tadic

CF  Josip Ilicic (should be Serie A player of the year, he has been magnificent) or Luka Jovic or Dusan Vlahovic or Aleksandar Mitrovic or Andrej Kramaric

that team could fuck some shit up

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

We need 4 points.
With 3 points it's dangerous. Leicester can beat Spurs and MU can beat West Ham, then they fix the match between them. GD is against us.
With 2 points or less we finish 5th

there are so many ways we can get fucked

we lose to dippers, so 63 points

Spuds BEAT Leicester so 62

Manure beat WH so 65

IF we are getting hammered by HT v Wolves

and Leicester and manure are drawn at HT

massive incentive for them to draw as well

as Manure gets 66 , so even get 3rd is we come back to win, on GD

and Leicester end on 63, and take us out on GD as long as we lose v Wolves

also

if Leicester draw v spuds

its even more likely, as even a draw by us, as long as they draw v manure, puts us both on 64, and still Manure 3rd, Leicester 4th

if we draw versus Victimpool, then Manure is not safe with just a draw, as we could end up on 67 and if they draw, they would be on 66, and if Leicester wins v spuds, and draws v Manure, they may likely knock out MANURE on GD, as if Leicester win by one v spuds, they are +4 over manure, and Manure would HAVE to win by 5 or more v West hams, as if they are even on GD and draw, Leicester still goes through, as they would have more goals scored (if they score 1, +5 over manure, so if manure wins by 5 nil,then its a plaoff if they draw with Leicester, but odds are very low Leicester wins 1 nil (if they win they will score at least 2), nor can Manure win 5 nil, West Ham are not THAT shit.

I would actually LOVE to end on 67

and have those end tied on 66, tied on GD and tied on goals scored

so a playoff, lolol

as that will fuck with manure in the EL and Leicester will be basically almost fully fit by then

plus the sheer drama knowing our asses are already safe in 3rd

if we beat Liverpool and draw with wolves, it is the exact same thing, as we still have 67

obviously the best play is us on 69 and slam the door

then they can still bash the hell out of each other and nothing matters to us

but much easier if Spuds win

especially if we draw or win v the dippers as then they cannot play for draw at all as Leicester would end on 63 and we would have 64 at worst (66 at best) no matter what we do v Wolves

7 hours ago, King Kante said:

Ferran Torres? Apparently City bound. Desperate to work with Pep.

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

I watched Mourinho's pre-Leicester press conference and he seems ultra motivated to win their last 2 matches and get a Europa spot. Like, he seems borderline desperate for his club to get a EL spot because he thinks it'll be fantastic for their development. He says that he has been really hammering home how massive 3 points would be for them in training.

With Leicester's injuries and with the pressure they'll be under, let us hope that serial bottlers Tottenham can squeak one out for us. We need a Mourinho miracle! 🙏🏼

Yes, its also the influx of money. Spurs desperately need it to sign Hojbjerg