• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

16 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I hate racism with a passion and would never hurt anyone or say anything intentionally to hurt someone.But I do think that we have gone far too much PC.

Im guessing thares somes tongue in cheek remarks in your coments (sarcasm doesn't always come out right in just text) but I see no harm in a comparison of Barklay to a gorilla or suggesting he is the missing link. (For wich theres several links missing) And I'm sure Barklay himself would laugh at it.

Its purely a bit of banter not intending harm.And its coming from the Sun 'News' paper which has always been the Torys mouthpiece. Of course its not journalism its just a 20 or 30 second article peeps read on the tube.

If people want the news its the last thing they would look at. But of course theres still far too many peeps who believe all they read and say things like 'If it wasn't true they wouldn't print it!!' Ya gotta love em.

But that's the thing, it maybe funny to you to say someone is the missing link if you don't know the historical background of it, but it's certainly not funny to a lot of people of African heritage for reasons like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ota_Benga which was pretty common in the late 19th and early 20th century. That's lees than a hundred years ago. It's not political correctness, it's common decency. 

Spurs aren't going to lose again this season I don't think. Maybe draw a couple perhaps against Arsenal & United, but I can't see them dropping any points besides those 2. 

It just seems so weird and honestly quite annoying that we're 7 points clear with 7 matches to go and each of our games still feels so massively important because the team behind us keeps fucking winning. In the past I'd almost be celebrating already.

I don't even bother watching Spuds these days against these small teams because I know they'll batter them. Just glance at Twitter when they're playing and see the inevitable happen.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Oh they will alright. 1 loss will be enough to stop the charge. 

The good news about this is that, after Bournemouth, that will be Spuds' last home game of the season that isn't v. United or Arsenal.

I don't care what anybody says. Arsenal will fight hard against Spuds to stop them winning the league. Spuds will drop points against Arsenal, no matter how weak Arsenal are at the moment. 

United, I don't know. If Europa is still distracting them, then considering Mourinho loves Spuds he'll let them have an easy win.

And Spuds have tough away games to WBA, Crystal Palace (who are on form) and Leicester City. I do believe they will drop points at least against once against these teams. That would be enough for us.

Hope so, mate. Hope so!

I have said in another topic bud I cannot wait to see Spurs leave the Lane. They will not be the same and considering the age of the players, the move to Wembley might have an influence on the development of the team. Can't wait for that because I am sick of watching them like this.

23 minutes ago, Mana said:

Oh they will alright. 1 loss will be enough to stop the charge. 

The good news about this is that, after Bournemouth, that will be Spuds' last home game of the season that isn't v. United or Arsenal.

I don't care what anybody says. Arsenal will fight hard against Spuds to stop them winning the league. Spuds will drop points against Arsenal, no matter how weak Arsenal are at the moment. 

United, I don't know. If Europa is still distracting them, then considering Mourinho loves Spuds he'll let them have an easy win.

And Spuds have tough away games to WBA, Crystal Palace (who are on form) and Leicester City. I do believe they will drop points at least against once against these teams. That would be enough for us.

I think their next game against Palace will be the game they lost points. 

And the reason to think that, it is because it's days after the play us in the FA Cup. Pochettino doesn't have the best record in cup games but will he risk a full-strength squad and the possibility his team to play 120 minutes, just days before playing a Palace side away who are in their best form of the season?  

I think we can take more risk than them atm with our current lead and we play a Southampton side at home. They're tough but they don't play for anything anymore.

After this, the play Arsenal at home so I think next week will be decisive in the title race.

Least they haven't got a huge goal difference..5 ain't big..long as don't get bigger

Just they're annoying lol so close to dropping points against Swansea and yet turned that around. That's why hmm until they do drop as everytime been predicted or looks likely they come out on top. 

29 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

I have said in another topic bud I cannot wait to see Spurs leave the Lane. They will not be the same and considering the age of the players, the move to Wembley might have an influence on the development of the team. Can't wait for that because I am sick of watching them like this.

The only reason why they look so good or more entertaining than us,  is because of Costa. If Costa was playing at the level he was before the China debacle, hazard wouldn't be the only one carrying our attacking threat. 

Their defense was always better than ours, especially their wingbacks, but we always had the edge in attack with hazard and Costa, but it clearly isn't the case anymore. Not while costa can't control a ball or can't shoot. 

11 hours ago, Kieran. said:

Your understanding of race and race relations is at the level of a kindergartner. 

I was being facetious you clown. If you couldn't tell from 'He was obviously praising his physical conditioning as gorillas are one of nature's finest specimens.' then don't read the Onion, it might hurt you.

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

I actually saw the article before it was taken down. Everyone is quite rightly upset about the gorilla comparison, but there was a lot of awful shit in the 'article' besides that. The subtitle of the image of Barkley next to a gorilla was something like "Could Barkley be the missing link between man and ape?". That 'missing link' line has a terrible racist history. It's very hard not to interpret it as racist. It also had a bit full of bigotry about those ghastly poor Liverpool citizens  who can only make money by selling drugs.

But let's assume that Barkley was not biracial and that the article was not racist for a second. How is it okay to publish something like that? Is this journalism? What is even the point?

I wasn't being serious choo

a video just uploaded on official YouTube channel for Good Morning Britain [GMB]

Accents! | Good Morning Britain

GMB talking to the 2 Michael Jackson's Brothers. one of Them is a Chelsea Fan.

GMB - 2 Michael Jacksons Brothers - Chelsea Jacket.png

The Interview starts at 2:13 -to- 3:13 into the video.