The English Football Thread

Steve

On 08/04/2017 at 9:11 PM, Jason said:

Not underestimating but merely assessing what could be at stake for the other team in Spurs' run-in. It's easy to say now 'this will be tough, that will be tough for them' (I've been thinking the same) but by the time those games come around, those teams could be in 'beach mode' already. I do think they'll drop points somewhere but you never know IF they might just win all, just like no one had thought we would win 13 league games in a row this season.

Exactly, which is why I wanted Arsenal to win last night. I wanted them to go to White Hart Lane with their top four hopes still alive, and their confidence high.

Arsenal's motivation should always be set to maximum for the North London derby, but now it looks like they are going to limp into Tottenham with their tails between their legs, and their heads all over the place. A fixture where we might have hoped Spurs would drop points, could turn into a goal difference boost for them instead. (Not that goal difference is going to matter much. We aren't going to win the league on goal difference. If Spurs close the points gap, they will automatically also improve their goal difference relative to ours.)

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

41 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Exactly, which is why I wanted Arsenal to win last night. I wanted them to go to White Hart Lane with their top four hopes still alive, and their confidence high.

Arsenal's motivation should always be set to maximum for the North London derby, but now it looks like they are going to limp into Tottenham with their tails between their legs, and their heads all over the place. A fixture where we might have hoped Spurs would drop points, could turn into a goal difference boost for them instead. (Not that goal difference is going to matter much. We aren't going to win the league on goal difference. If Spurs close the points gap, they will automatically also improve their goal difference relative to ours.)

Indeed, said the same thing last night and had Arsenal won, Palace wouldn't be safe from relegation just yet and they'll have motivation when they play Spurs. But now? They might not even bother when that game comes around.

3 hours ago, Beigl said:

Ty at it again :D

Thank God for arsenal fans like Ty! Their club will continue to sink to further and further down and they will keep suffering horrible humiliations because of them... I love it :D:cig:

Arsene Wenger we want you to staaaaaay!

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

He looks like he's got some mileage on him but he's dressed like a schoolboy allowed to go to games on his own. Don't tell me he's a young man suffering from Arsenalitis?

Oh yes he is. Just look at those ridiculous headphones, I don´t get how a person that is older than say 16 would wear that.

Sevilla coach Jorge Sampaoli 'wants to compete' in Premier League

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/story/3101913/sevilla-coach-jorge-sampaoli-wants-to-compete-in-premier-league

If Barcelona don't get him then this is the manager Arsenal should get. 

Let's hope Wenger stays! 

22 hours ago, Beigl said:

Ty at it again :D

I heard that a Gooner had a go at that Robbie bloke and I'm not surprised. The geezer is disingenuous to say the least he's making money hand over fist by interviewing man children like that twat Ty. I can't stand Arsenal but I do know some genuine Gooners who think that Robbie bloke is making their fans look ridiculous (I know it's not hard:)) by getting wannabe Youtube stars to act up to the camera. By the way he'd never last five minutes at the Bridge before someone told him to fuck off.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Sevilla coach Jorge Sampaoli 'wants to compete' in Premier League

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/story/3101913/sevilla-coach-jorge-sampaoli-wants-to-compete-in-premier-league

If Barcelona don't get him then this is the manager Arsenal should get. 

Let's hope Wenger stays! 

I remember someone saying he is similar to scolari, and could possibly fail. I would only be concerned with Simeone, maybe Allegri

I heard that a Gooner had a go at that Robbie bloke and I'm not surprised. The geezer is disingenuous to say the least he's making money hand over fist by interviewing man children like that twat Ty. I can't stand Arsenal but I do know some genuine Gooners who think that Robbie bloke is making their fans look ridiculous (I know it's not hard[emoji4]) by getting wannabe Youtube stars to act up to the camera. By the way he'd never last five minutes at the Bridge before someone told him to fuck off.

In comparison to Ty, I think Claude for example is a proper Arsenal fan. He isn't brainwashed and deluded like the pro-Wenger camp, no he is just a realistic person. Unfortunately he seems to have health problems, I hope he can recover.

In comparison to Ty, I think Claude for example is a proper Arsenal fan. He isn't brainwashed and deluded like the guys from the pro-Wenger camp, no he is just a realistic person. Unfortunately he seems to have health problems, I hope he can recover.

9 hours ago, lucio said:

I remember someone saying he is similar to scolari, and could possibly fail. I would only be concerned with Simeone, maybe Allegri

He is nothing like Scolari, holly hell lol.

Doesnt mean he wont fail, but he couldnt be different from Big Phill.

18 hours ago, Rmpr said:

He is nothing like Scolari, holly hell lol.

Doesnt mean he wont fail, but he couldnt be different from Big Phill.

I think it was the coming from international management thing, it was  a while back