Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Wayne Rooney's on his way out of Old Trafford for £25m. And Manchester United have wasted no time in using the money by making an increased£28.9m bid for Cesc Fabregas. ('Daily Star')

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/327203/Chelsea-closing-in-on-25m-Wayne-Rooney

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United could have retired the number 7 after George Best, they didn't.. and along came Eric Cantona who created his own legacy with the number.Football clubs are forever.

I agree, the number 8 is a history maker, it needs to be worn. I'm just saying, ease up on Franky..

imo not really and especially not in his current form...

Who isn't he better than, though?

He had a "down year" and put up stats nearly identical to our best player when played out of position.

Ba better than him? No. Lukaku? Lets wait and see. Torres better? LOL

Who isn't he better than, though?

He had a "down year" and put up stats nearly identical to our best player when played out of position.

Ba better than him? No. Lukaku? Lets wait and see. Torres better? LOL

he meant the three of them combined as far as I understood. It's seems far-fetched imo

I don't like the idea of Rooney coming. But then I like the idea of Suarez even less. Other strikers are looking very unlikely at this point. And Torres is a no-go. I don't like this situation.

Forget emotions.

Football is about winning trophies, not playing most loved/cheered players on the pitch.Rooney is a fantastic player and he would be a great addition to any squad, he is a complete player who performs very well when he is motivated and we all know José is the greatest motivator on the planet.He still needs to be fit but I dont think Rui Faria would find that much of problems to make him fit again, we have a top manager, top players and a top medical and technical staff, he will have more attention and will be more than fit to play at his best.He may lack some confidence now, but I fully trust José Mourinho to get him back at his real level.Rooney's departure for us could be one of the best decisions for him, more goals, more titles, more shirts sale for us, more English players, more fighting spirit, more tactical solutions and overall quality.I dont really care about the feelings of some towards him and so does José, football and trophies will replace that hate toward one of the very best striker in the world.

Is Zlatan really leaving PSG? If he is and we aren't getting Rooney, the same package can be offered to Zlatan. Can you imagine us playing two up top, Zlatan and Lukaku, bonerific!

Zlatan's wages are extremly high for us.We'll have to dump Torres.The good thing with Ibra is that he guaranties goals & assists everyweek.For two years he would be a good solution, and you know, Ibra always win titles :Goober:

Wait a minute? 1st rooney, now you all want fucking Suarez? what the fuck kind of fans are you?

What fickle fickle "fans" this club has these days.

Yes, we're so "fickle". How dare we actually want to compete for trophies. Finishing 3rd every year with fan favorites on the pitch is so much better. What were we thinking?

Forget emotions.

Football is about winning trophies, not playing most loved/cheered players on the pitch.Rooney is a fantastic player and he would be a great addition to any squad, he is a complete player who performs very well when he is motivated and we all know José is the greatest motivator on the planet.He still needs to be fit but I dont think Rui Faria would find that much of problems to make him fit again, we have a top manager, top players and a top medical and technical staff, he will have more attention and will be more than fit to play at his best.He may lack some confidence now, but I fully trust José Mourinho to get him back at his real level.Rooney's departure for us could be one of the best decisions for him, more goals, more titles, more shirts sale for us, more English players, more fighting spirit, more tactical solutions and overall quality.I dont really care about the feelings of some towards him and so does José, football and trophies will replace that hate toward one of the very best striker in the world.

If this was only true for kaka, and hopefully torres..... Otherwise why get a striker?

Once a player is in decline, is pretty much over. No matter how good Mourinho is, he can't make the impossible possible.

If this was only true for kaka, and hopefully torres..... Otherwise why get a striker?

Once a player is in decline, is pretty much over. No matter how good Mourinho is, he can't make the impossible possible.

Dont exaggerate the whole thing, Rooney is still in the top 3 best strikers in the Premier League.Unlike Torres who rely on pace to dribble the opponent, create spaces and score goals, Rooney is a different profile and helps more the team a la Suarez, he is more physical, can put the ball down and play beautiful football.His goals against City this year were absolute joy to watch.Mourinho knows that Rooney isnt on decline, he is in a difficult period because he has to make crucial decisions, nothing more than that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You