Wayne Rooney

J.F.

This does kind of stink of the Torres deal, a player who wasn't in the best form of his life and someone who has struggled with a few injuries. Okay it wouldn't be £50m but there's a good chance we could become an even bigger laughing stock. But in my opinion, I would definitely have him as a Chelsea player.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mourinho wants him, I'm sold.

Rooney is pure testosterone, a brute. He certainly won't come with a fragile psyche like Torres after his move. Torres is a delicate little snowflake who had to be wrapped in cotton wool because Carlo started him against his former club. Rooney wouldn't give a fuck and it won't effect him at all..

"We will not be taking any questions about Wayne Rooney today,' - Steve Atkins, Chelsea Head of Communication #CFCTour

the day Mourinho makes an entire team refuse to talk about their own player. And then they don't understand why he's The Special One...

Foe a guy who had his leg ripped open beginning of the season to being in and out of the side I can see why people do not want him here... to their point it did seem like a lack luster season.. and you may want to listen to the media about rooney having fitness issues in the past.. but a fit rooney which usually happens by week 4 or 5 of the PL season is an animal.. I know people have beaten the workrate thing to death but for a centre foward playing out of position to get as many goals and assists he did in less then a full 38 league appearance is pretty impressive.. not only that but he did a lot of link up as well his defending from set pieces and open play was very good..

for the right price even though he has been united for last 8 seasons would welcome here into our squad.. like some fellow forum members I do not believe he his finished yet and could be very good for us with the team we have now assembled

Petr hopes Roo will Cech in

The Czech stopper said: “Wayne Rooney is a great player but at the moment he’s a Man United player.

“We’ll see what’s going to happen. He’s a great player. Let’s see.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5021028/Wayne-Rooney-to-Chelsea-Petr-Cech-hopes-striker-signs-for-Blues.html

Like In Mourinho Case... "We Will See"...

Although I liked Alex's post about wanting this to go until the end of August so we can make ManUtd look like fools (more than they already look by now), there's the down side to this prolonging: those transfer sagas get tiring after a while.

I stopped checking the Cavani thread for 2 weeks before he was confirmed on PSG... there are so many fabricated stories and rumors... it's tiring. So yeah a part of me wants this to go on until the very last minute, the other part of me will avoid this thread until then so I don't read the stupid rumors coming :lol: next we'll give Hazard + 20m for Rooney :P

José is schooling ManUtd though ;)

Every time when United won title, there were other players more important than Rooney. Ronaldo, Berbatov and recently Rvp. When Rooney scored shit load of goals, last and 2009/10 season, united wasnt champion. He still had impact in game though, but wasnt the very main key.

Food for thought.

Comparing Rooney to Van Persie is harsh. Back in 2011/12 when Van Persie was still at Arsenal they were both equally good and they really wouldn't even have needed RvP last season because getting him had a negative effect on Rooney's game when he couldn't play as a striker anymore. Had they decided against buying Van Persie and stuck with Rooney as their main striker, I'd say they would still have won the title comfortably and it would have been Rooney scoring almost 25 league goals instead of Van Persie. Maybe Ferguson wanted something new in Van Persie just because he knew it was going to be his last season or maybe he knew about Rooney's plans to leave the club so he opted to buy another world class striker beforehand to make sure the club will still be in a good position once Rooney's gone.

A lot of maybes there but one thing's for sure. Rooney is still one of the best strikers in the world and back in 2011/12 when he still got to play in his favoured position he was arguably Manchester United's most important player when they only lost the title to Manchester City by goal difference. Overall 34 goals in 44 matches that season with 12 of them scored against the Top6 teams in the Premier League is not something one does if he's shit.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You