Wayne Rooney

J.F.

It's a small-club 'mentality' thing to do then..

I.e.. 'that's as good as it's going to get'/'won't get any better than this' etc. Not moving forward, not letting another generation make it's mark, maybe that's one of the many factors as to why italian football is in the state it's in.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-11 numbers should never be retired, only small clubs retire them.

Football clubs are eternal, they will live on until the sun destroys the earth, Lampard is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Everything but this... Not cool

Roonski on or off ?

At 27 he is the perfect age to join with Jose. He can play across the forward line, behind the main striker too.

Currently, Chelsea lacks competition for up front. Fernando or BA ain´t it, I feel.

His wages are astronomical, I read. Is he worth it ?

Most likely, Roonski will hand in a formal transfer soon. Then, we will see what happens.

It's a small-club 'mentality' thing to do then..

I.e.. 'that's as good as it's going to get'/'won't get any better than this' etc. Not moving forward, not letting another generation make it's mark, maybe that's one of the many factors as to why italian football is in the state it's in.

That's only one way to look at it. Inter for instance only retired number 3 after Giacinto Facchetti passed away in 2006, the man that gave over 40 years of service to that club and only that club. I don't buy into the idea that any club has the 'mentality' to retire a shirt because 'that's as good as it's going to get'/'won't get any better than this', intentional or not. I believe that's just an entirely cynical and negative view on it.

That's only one way to look at it. Inter for instance only retired number 3 after Giacinto Facchetti passed away in 2006, the man that gave over 40 years of service to that club and only that club. I don't buy into the idea that any club has the 'mentality' to retire a shirt because 'that's as good as it's going to get'/'won't get any better than this', intentional or not. I believe that's just an entirely cynical and negative view on it.

Killing off a number for that reason seems a little contradictory. Because the whole idea of United's number 7 (for example) is that by giving it to another player.. it keeps the legacy of former players alive. It gives the number an identity and immortalises those who made it famous for that club. When Michael Owen got it, their fans instantly thought he wasn't good enough to wear the number worn by [said legend].

Btw if you are wondering why Rooney hasn't handed in a transfer request long ago publicly is because of his loyal bonus, if he hand it in I think he will lose it. Heard it is like £2-£3m so it is not peanut either.

Jose Mourinho on whether Juan Mata and David Luiz might leave #CFC: "No chance, no chance." Q. So they will be here next season? JM: "Yes."

Why did the journalist ask exactly the same thin twice? Smooth. He/she shoud have ask it again to make sure.

What does he mean? Is he talking about Rooney being second choice? (sorry if it's a stupid question).

Its in reference to Moyes basically stating that Rooney would be playing second fiddle to van Persie this season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You