Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I see you are an expert on transfer deals. Amazing.

Deals have been done by Chelsea much quicker in recent years. Now, let me tune you in. Falcao, not willing to pay, Cavani not willing to pay...the list goes on...Roonski bid submitted & rejected. Wha´s next a few more millions, I assume. Deal rejected by Manures. The result = Chelsea got Ferda & Ba to rely on. By January, these two are scoring perhaps 3 goals apiece. What then ?

No, I'm not an expert, but I am also not an impatient gullible mug who thinks deals should be done yesterday. You can only truly say a deal was done quick if you know the timescale of the first contact point, which I doubt anyone does without the manager saying so.

Regards Cavani and Falcao the club obviously thought the price was too high and the risk too, with Rooney the price will be hugely different but a PL proven player. Not everything in life has to be 40-50M plus, and I know some on here think all our signings should be, you crack on.

The lack of faith and impatience you are showing is typical of today's football faithful, everything has to be done yesterday at the biggest dollar possible. I know in your world the transfer window is closed and we will be relegated so good luck on that one.

This is soooo similar to Fabregas saga, only difference is that it was his former club while with Rooney it would be new. Remember how Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes and just about every Spanish person in Barcelona heap praise on him and tell the media how they all wanted him home. The same is happening with Rooney, from Cech, Mark, Hazard and even Mourinho himself.

We paid 50M for Torres, How does compare to 22M for Rooney?, similar age when transferred. The fee suggests that Chelsea rated Torres as twice the player Rooney is? The club didnt seem to have any issues with lumping fifty big one's to Snivelpool but just 22 for Rooney? Rooney did dip last season, and was very out of sorts, but no less than the form Torres was in prior to his transfer to us.

I also have reservations with the Mata issue, want him to stay badly but his name has been banded around too much for these to be nothing in it. Wouldn't mind Rooney as I think Jose could, and would, work on him, but at the expense of Mata? no thanks. Wouldn't mind seeing if Jose can get more out of Torres, if anyone can, Jose can. Having said all that, TFSW has a few euro's at his disposal at Napoli and I wouldn't put it past him putting an offer in for Torres.

No, I'm not an expert, but I am also not an impatient gullible mug who thinks deals should be done yesterday. You can only truly say a deal was done quick if you know the timescale of the first contact point, which I doubt anyone does without the manager saying so.

Regards Cavani and Falcao the club obviously thought the price was too high and the risk too, with Rooney the price will be hugely different but a PL proven player. Not everything in life has to be 40-50M plus, and I know some on here think all our signings should be, you crack on.

The lack of faith and impatience you are showing is typical of today's football faithful, everything has to be done yesterday at the biggest dollar possible. I know in your world the transfer window is closed and we will be relegated so good luck on that one.

I don´t believe I am impatient at all. As I said, previous Chelsea´s deals were done much better & quicker.

If you think, Manures will sell Roonski for 25m, then I honestly have doubts about you. Roonski, if sold, will not go under 32-35m.

There are other major players bidding for players, big money. Either Chelsea keep up or 3rd or 4th place next season.

i think people need to get back to reality from all the fifa and FM. we have adopted a brilliant strategy to acquire rooney with mou openly speaking about in public and then even cech saying things about him. there is no way we could have got rooney if we simply had put in a deal. united would always have wanted a little more for him and in the end we would have had to pay OTT. but now that our interest is so obvious it is for rooney to decide what to do. he can force moyes' hand for the transfer which would save us many millions.

also people are talking about falcao and cavani and blaming the board for it but paying 51 mil and 60 mil for these guys would have been insane and we did the right thing in not taking the easy way out. also even if we dont get rooney, PL is still very much up for grabs, its not a lost cause.

Dont exaggerate the whole thing, Rooney is still in the top 3 best strikers in the Premier League.Unlike Torres who rely on pace to dribble the opponent, create spaces and score goals, Rooney is a different profile and helps more the team a la Suarez, he is more physical, can put the ball down and play beautiful football.His goals against City this year were absolute joy to watch.Mourinho knows that Rooney isnt on decline, he is in a difficult period because he has to make crucial decisions, nothing more than that.

The exaggerated is you making it sound like he can bring the best out of everyone and that's wrong.

Sometime it does not work.

I don´t believe I am impatient at all. As I said, previous Chelsea´s deals were done much better & quicker.

If you think, Manures will sell Roonski for 25m, then I honestly have doubts about you. Roonski, if sold, will not go under 32-35m.

There are other major players bidding for players, big money. Either Chelsea keep up or 3rd or 4th place next season.

I have no idea how much they will sell Rooney for, unlike you I don't have a crystal ball like you telling us we are going to finish 3rd or 4th etc if we don't sign someone quick sharp.

Barring Rooney do you know who we are chasing? for definite, didn't think so. But you are quick to put down the club and board saying if we don't sign someone we are doomed.....Not the case, we have made clever buys and whilst they not be what you are craving for like 60M pound players they can add massively to us this season under Jose.

You clearly have a different outlook to me on this, and are panicking already before a ball is kicked and before the window is even closed. Come back to me end of August and we will discuss this further.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You