Wayne Rooney

J.F.

United are adamant they will not sell as they brace themselves for a written transfer request from their unhappy striker.
But Chelsea are still poised to make a second offer of around £24m after their original £20m bid was rejected.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-manchester-united-2063318

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be angry if we wont get him and wont go for anyone else instead.

José is clearly playing mind games here. He first compliments the guy a lot, then shows concern about being benched impacting England NT and then he says it's him or no one else. He wants to inflate Wayne's ego and then stroke it. He knows that might be the key.

He's trying to convince Rooney with his words across the world, the financial part isn't with him and he isn't in contact with ManUtd.

If we end up without another striker isn't because Mourinho wanted Rooney or no one else, it's because we couldn't find the right guy for a fair price.

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 2m

Manchester United will not sell Wayne Rooney even if he hands in a formal transfer request (Mirror) #CFC #MUFC

Thr Glazers have just said "they don't want any more money" The Pope has said he is a Protestant.

Bernie Ecclestone has said he is innocent and Bertlusconi says he is celibate.

Rooney is not for sale at any price LOL people actually believe these quotes. Fuck me, so if we bid £60m tomorrow they reject? Do they fuck, they're hardly going to say ye hes for sale.

It is posturing. They know anything other than "we wont sell, he isnt for sale" or "he will remain with us" lowers the price. If a transfer request is put in, and Rooney goes public with "I want to leave" you may see a £30m or so bid go in, Otherwise he will stay IMO and I am of the opinion also that he wont hand one in, I reckon he would have done it today knowing we had bid. Given that he apparently wants the move

Better have Liverpool's # at the ready.

Honestly wouldn't put it past these fuckers at United to refuse a player a move even if he puts in a transfer request. They know they're in trouble next season with Fergie gone and are literally terrified of what Rooney will do for us.

Suarez wouldn't be the worst fall back option.

Just don't see Jose putting up with Torres' shit performances. I'm as big a fan of Lukaku as anyone, but he's not quite ready to be the unquestioned top dog at a club challenging for every major trophy.

If we don't sign Rooney, someone must be bought up front.

Just don't see Jose putting up with Torres' shit performances. I'm as big a fan of Lukaku as anyone, but he's not quite ready to be the unquestioned top dog at a club challenging for every major trophy.

If we don't sign Rooney, someone must be bought up front.

True, but options are running out <_< only suarez, higuain and ibrahimovic left.

For me, the best possible situation is for this to drag out until late August and then us not sign him. It'll mean United can't get rid of him because they won't find a potential suitor, or they'll be forced to sell him on the cheap to Arsenal, for instance. Imagine how delicious that would be.

Look at all the trouble Mourinho has caused. He is absolutely schooling Moyes in big-club management right now, and Chelsea have made United look so unbelievably small with the way they dealt with those transfer rumours. This is Moyes' first big failing, but imagine if we pull out or United demand more money? They'll have a disruptive sulking footballer to deal with, fans who are angry because they want him gone and a board that is currently dancing to whatever beat Mourinho and the Chelsea board decide.

Whether we sign him or not, this is a massive psychological victory we've scored here, folks.

Regarding Moyes i know it's early to say but so far he is reminding me why i wanted us to stay clear of him, he looks like is struggling big time with the transition to club with no huge expectation's to a club with massive expectation's.

I can really see another Roy here, i wonder what the odds are on him getting sacked by February with Fergie doing a Dalgish.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You