Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney could leave the club in the summer after a furious row with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The News of the World reports their relationship is at breaking point after a series of run-ins.

United could now be willing to sell their talisman, alerting Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid, with bidding likely to start at £60million.

The England striker threatened to leave this season but Ferguson convinced him to change his mind and the striker signed a lucrative new contract extension.

But Rooney is still unhappy about the quality of players at Old Trafford, while his manager wants him to concentrate on improving his own form.

Ferguson wants to rid the dressing room of Rooney's disruptive influence but will not want to sell to a Premier League rival, making Real Madrid favourites to capture the signature.

it must be true, it's from caughtoffside :eyebrows:

LINK

Rooney, Kaka, Neymar, Sneijder, Sergio Ramos, Dani Alves...hmm

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance, and i'm glad if he doesn't come here. I like reliable strikers who you can always cope on, Wayne Rooney would just drive me nuts. Plus Rooney is getting worse and worse, his primes already went and i could see him falling off completely at 27. Be a very stupid idea if we ever did buy him, plus arent we a little to over crowded for strikers?, were still fighting over Anelka, Torres and Drogba playing, then we want Sturridge back and playing, Rooney would make things far worse.

He's an alright player, but I don't like him as a person, and we don't need another striker...besides Sir Shit would never sell him to a rival. Real Madrid is favorite number 1 to get him...

Hehe but it brings a smile to my face to know United ain't that united :eyebrows:

• 1 year later...

Red alert: Manchester United ready to sell 'reject' Wayne Rooney at the end of the season

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-transfers-wayne-rooneys-1747478

Rooney fights for his United future as £20m bid might tempt fed-up Ferguson to sell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289331/Wayne-Rooney-set-Manchester-United-exit-Paris-Saint-German-Manchester-City-lurking.html

To be honest i would take him in a heart beat.

I remain doubtful they'd sell, but yeah, he'd be a great addition to any club. He's been one of the best strikers in the world over the last decade and likely still has a good 3 or 4 years left at a top level. 11 goals, 9 assists, strong in the air, great at holding up the ball, can slot into a team in a few different places. He's nobody's favourite person, but he's a top player.

Maybe this is another one of Fergie falling outs?

Same with Beckham, Ronaldo, etc.

Wouldn't surprise if he would leave, they don't really need him now they have Robin and Welbeck, alongside Hernandez, with prospects like Will Keane and possibly bringing in another striker (guessing someone who is doing reasonable well for a mid-table club, and make them a big name ala Saha). Would have him here in a heart-beat - if Torres is going as well - Ba, Rooney and Lukaku :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You