Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious mate?

A coach could not prove his competency in one of the best club and league in the world for 14 years and you ask me what my point is? oh yeah we should have given him 28 years to prove his mettle. smh

Not sure about 28 but another 3 years at top is not unreasonable. I am judging him based on his time at Chelsea, his career at AC Milan is irrelevant to me.

This thread is going nowhere anymore. Carlo is sacked.

Its a very sad day, because its never nice when a manager gets sacked, specially after his achievement last season. Carlo is also a very nice guy.

But its also gimme hope that its the beginning of a new era at Chelsea.

How many times have we heard that.....

We'll never move to the next level until we have stability and the same manager for more than a few years. If we're gonna change managers every time we get knocked out of europe, we'll run out of names from the list

Roman should be our new manager so he can sack himself. Then, hopefully, someone who actually knows something about soccer will take over the club.

And in your grand plan who plays the player's wages & other admin expenses + funds £50million transfers?

Chelsea have given themselves seven weeks to find a new manager after sacking Carlo Ancelotti and handing him a

€7.5 (£6.5) million pay-off, Goal.com can reveal

The club, who are scouring the world for their sixth boss in four years, are confident the new man will be in place by the time of their first pre-season friendly on July 9

Marco van Basten has emerged as the leading candidate to succeed Ancelotti, although there is also believed to be strong support within Stamford Bridge for Porto's Andre Villas-Boas.

Harry Redknapp was the favourite with a number of bookmakers on Sunday evening but the Tottenham manager is believed to be a long-shot for the vacant post.

One man who is unlikely to be the next Stamford Bridge manager is Guus Hiddink, who has told owner Roman Abramovich that he is not interested in being a club manager again.

Nevertheless, the Turkey manager is believed to be the key figure in the senior management shake-up at Chelsea. The club also have vacancies in the sporting director and chief scout positions following the departures of Frank Arnesen and Lee Congleton to SV Hamburg.

As revealed by Goal.com in April, Hiddink has been approached by Chelsea to be their new sporting director and will make his decision on whether to accept the offer in the wake of Turkey's Euro 2012 qualifier away to Belgium on June 3.

A defeat will scupper Hiddink's hopes of winning a November play-off spot and will open up the possibility of him being available immediately.

Hiddink admitted in his column for a Dutch newspaper at the weekend that he has continued to work for Chelsea in an advisory capacity since his spell as caretaker manager at the club ended in the summer of 2009.

The 64-year-old has told friends his future involvement in the game will either be a senior executive role at leading club – he has also been offered posts at Ajax and PSV Eindhoven - or another international post.

It is understood that Hiddink has nominated fellow Dutchman van Basten, who completed his coaching badges at Chelsea, to succeed Ancelotti. The 46-year-old is now ready to return to management following a long break from the game after leaving Ajax in 2009.

Ancelotti left his post less than two hours after Chelsea's final Premier League game of the season at Everton, which they lost 1-0.

The Italian is believed to have been given his marching orders by chief executive Ron Gourlay shortly before his team boarded the coach to Manchester airport. It was done so promptly in order to allow him time to say his goodbyes to the players and staff before they leave either to go on holiday on Monday or join up with their respective international squads.

Ancelotti will become the latest manager to walk away from Chelsea with a huge pay-off, following in the footsteps of Jose Mourinho in 2007, Avram Grant in 2008 and Luiz Felipe Scolari in 2009. The Italian had a year remaining on a contract worth £6.5m-a-year.

Should Hiddink reject Abramovich's advances, it is believed that Grant has been lined up to return to the club he managed briefly in 2009 and that the Israeli will be installed as the sporting director.

This could pave the way for a surprise swoop for Redknapp, who is good friends with the former West Ham boss from their time together at Portsmouth.

Although Redknapp is firmly against a set-up headed by a director of football, he would make an allowance for Grant, who he speaks to by phone around three times a week and has done so for the last two years.

:fainthv9: :fainthv9: :fainthv9: :fainthv9:

:fainthv9: :fainthv9: :fainthv9: :fainthv9:

I cant believe how everyone is so upset with Roman Abramovich over this...I for one im thrilled that we have such a generous owner who does not tolerate failure. I see loads of comments from Arsenal fans on various sites saying how disgusting this is and how can Chelsea ever expect to do well if they keep changing managers, well they have stuck with theirs and its worked out wonderfully for them in recent years!

The bottom line is that this season is just not good enough by Chelsea standards, and I hope we never drop those standards!

Maybe it's due to me being older than some on here, but I can't agree with that.

Many moons ago a good season for Chelsea was mid table. We gradually started to climb the table and win trophies long before Roman rode into town throwing his wads of cash around. For me you have to earn the right to have those high standards, not buy the right.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier, I'm grateful for Romans input, but it's the fans that suffer the most in the long run. We were here long before Roman and we'll be here long after he's gone. Whilst he's here he should be taking us into consideration when deciding wether or not to have us going through another transitional period with another new manager.

All this "Carlo love in" is bullshit. It's nothing of the sort. (Insert New Managers Name Here) will come in and try to stamp his authority on the players. It will take time for his ideas to get across and before you know it, we're back to square one. Roman becomes disillusioned and throws his toys out of the pram and sends him packing with a bumper pay off. We can't keep doing this. We have to draw the line somewhere and give 100% backing to a manager for the length of his contract.

Roman is acting like a teenager who dumps his girlfriend because she wouldn't put out. Sooner or later that teenager is going to have to learn that if he wants to get his hole, he's going to have to be in it for the long run and not look elsewhere every time he doesn't get his end away. Sadly for Roman I don't think he will ever realise this.

Edited by Aesthetic Relic