Edinson Cavani

CFC58

We have 3 strikers, 2 you wouldn't trust to throw in in the league and 1 who has had the worst 2 years in his career. We have more quality / promising CAM's than anyone probably in the world.

Hulk can play RW and ST. Sorry but that automatically makes him more useful and 'needed' than another expensive CF.

Debuchy can play RB and RW. Sorry but that automatically makes him more useful and 'needed' than another expensive forward.

I'm getting sick of this "class is permanent" stuff. It just makes no sense because it implies that everyone who was ever good will always remain good which is obviously nonsense. We should get Beckenbauer, right? I mean, if class is permanent, who cares that he's 67. Pele is 72, but one of the all-time greats so therefore he must still be "class". Nothing is permanent and every player declines. Being good a few years ago is no guarantee of being good in the future.

And yes, Drogba did have some poor seasons with us but it was always when he was replaced as a starting striker and was starting 15-20 Premier League games a season. Drogba never had a season remotely as bad as Torres had this past year and a half. 29 games without a goal is not bad, it's historically awful.

Last year? Drogba was pants, yes he baged in some vital goals towards the end of the season but in the league he was poor.

Oh, snap, so was Torres, perhaps it was because the service was poor, he was rotated and the team struggled.

Cavani great player that he is was the focal point I a very attack minded Napoli, comes as no great surprise that he managed to bag a hat full of goals.

Debuchy can play RB and RW. Sorry but that automatically makes him more useful and 'needed' than another expensive forward.

The thing is that we play with only one striker and not two.

So getting Cavani can be some problem for Sturridge and Torres...which to be fair I could care less for that flop of Torres.

But if we can avoid that and be more smart by fixing one major problem that has plague us by ages, while at the same time have a second back up to the CF then we should do it.

Which is why I am convince that for the price range, Hulk is a smarter buy.

Would it be wrong to say that the 'Torres was playing badly because of Drogba being the main man at the club' was actually just a story the media invented and wouldn't lay to rest? It could be a possibility that Fernando was just playing badly and it had nothing to do with there being two main strikers at the club but in fact just a prolonged blip in his career that started before he joined us. I know Drogba being the man we could rely on meant that he had more playing time than Fernando Torres when it was crunch time but let's face facts he was given the opportunites. I think he started to believe the scathing stories a notorious British media had shackled him with thus resulting in a wounded out of form 50 million pound striker but bringing Cavani here wouldn't necessarily mean Nando's revived confidence will be effected by the same kinda bullshit. I would like for Torres to shine now more than ever and be our number one striker but with the amount of games we will have to play this season coming we simply cannot just count on one World Class striker to bag the goals in all competitions. Every top club has at least two garunteed goalscorers in their squad and as much as we want Danny to succeed, are we really convinced he is the man we can rely on if Torres gets injured or banned? I say buy Cavani now but given the signings of Oscar, Eden and Marin I am more than happy with what the board has brought us this summer, if anything i feel like we have been spoiled and anything else is a Brucey Bonus!

Well if man city can have 4 world class strikers can't we have 2? Sturridge and lukaku simPly aren't good enough

yea we can but like i said earlier in this thread, and throughout, inour system we play with 1 striker so dont compare us to manure and citeh that play with 2. why cant people muscle that single fact! we CAN have 2 strikers like bayern, and like arsenal and like older chelsea team, out of those two strikers one has to be FLEXIBLE enough to play wing/cam.

(bayern have Gomez- then their second striker muller plays cam/rw in a 4231 on REGULAR BASIS, he doesnt sit round waiting for his chance to play/be rotated.

DDA- then second striker anelka played rw because we played 433 majority of time , but WHEN we decided switch to diamond he played up top.

exactly why hulk Needed but highly doubt actually give no shot of him coming. jovetic anyone? i would love him hear.

so we play 4231 where the hell will cavani play? you think he's gona go from STARTING everyday to 'competing' for regular spot?

hell to the fuck no! you dont pay 35mill simply for rotation. its not manager mode in fifa 12 where playing him 15 games is enough to keep his morale boosted along with sub appearances

why do you think dda and torres failed, besides their style of play, nobody had rhythm, always youbplay 6 games then you play 2 then you one game then you 10 then you 3 games?! there was no chemistry at all cuz none of them could adapt to RW role, simple. so less game time for one striker lead to unhappiness for torres.

i was gona explode earlier but i saw you liked my post hahaha

He does play on the right for Uruguay. He isn't great at it but he gets the job done. Personally I would hate to say Cavani bought and thrown on the RW, he is a CF first and foremost and that is where he should play. His talent seems wasted out wide.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You