Edinson Cavani

CFC58

So lets look at the big picture....We spend 50M on Cavani, 10M on De Rossi and 20M on Schurlle, plus bring back KDB, Essien and Lukaku....

Now we ain't looking bad are we?

Takes FM hat off.....even though I don't play it. :getin:

that's a good deal actually.

we could offload Torres, Mikel, Ba and a few others to make some money - as they probably don't value much but if could cover the other two guys. and yeah, I think Torres is really worth little.

Is Torres really worth €1m though?

We'll pay full price and the cost of the plane ticket to get him there. Shit, we'll pay for his medical too.

If you consider the remaining wages, that's something like 1 + 3 x 10 M... so yes i approve that deal :clown:

that's a good deal actually.

we could offload Torres, Mikel, Ba and a few others to make some money - as they probably don't value much but if could cover the other two guys. and yeah, I think Torres is really worth little.

Offloading Torres and Ba would be wrong, we would then be in the same situation as last season with two strikers. Cavani and Lukaku and nothing else, we need more back up. My take is keep Torres, Lukaku back in, plus Cavani, three forwards is a good number IMO.

Offloading Torres and Ba would be wrong, we would then be in the same situation as last season with two strikers. Cavani and Lukaku and nothing else, we need more back up. My take is keep Torres, Lukaku back in, plus Cavani, three forwards is a good number IMO.

with the quality we have with our CAMs I don't know if we need more than Cavani and Lukaku. trust me Mourinho will change a lot the way at least Oscar and Hazard play. I don't think we'll play with two strikers in a match except in a particular case we're losing and need to be risky.

The formation will probably continue to be 4-2-3-1 and Mou will have one of those "3" to play like Cris played in RM... I still look to RM formation as a 4-2-2-2 despite everything else. Cris had no defense responsibilities and he was never a midfield if he rarely passed the ball and assisted someone. He was a striker through and through, I don't care about what Mourinho and whoever else calls that formation. And then he can rotate Cavani and Lukaku the same way he rotated Higuain and Benzema. I'm still hoping he brings Higuain for us instead of letting him go to Juve.

I'm sure Pipita still wants to work with Mourinho.

with the quality we have with our CAMs I don't know if we need more than Cavani and Lukaku. trust me Mourinho will change a lot the way at least Oscar and Hazard play. I don't think we'll play with two strikers in a match except in a particular case we're losing and need to be risky.

The formation will probably continue to be 4-2-3-1 and Mou will have one of those "3" to play like Cris played in RM... I still look to RM formation as a 4-2-2-2 despite everything else. Cris had no defense responsibilities and he was never a midfield if he rarely passed the ball and assisted someone. He was a striker through and through, I don't care about what Mourinho and whoever else calls that formation. And then he can rotate Cavani and Lukaku the same way he rotated Higuain and Benzema. I'm still hoping he brings Higuain for us instead of letting him go to Juve.

I'm sure Pipita still wants to work with Mourinho.

If we have an injury in a two man striker force it reduces it to one, and a freak red card etc can leave us having nobody and doing what we did against Napoli in the CL winning season and playing a stranger up top, it's a huge, huge risk to take with the amount of games we play as a club. Last season we were massively fortunate that Torres, as bad as he was at times did not get an injury as the run in and clamber for fourth would of been tougher than it was. We need to avoid that at all costs again by buying/introducing another body.

Torres did well in the run, worked hard and put himself about, I'm sure Jose would make him even better, and the prospect of Lukaku, Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Cavani under Jose is a tremendous thought.

Right and schurle can play up front if needed.

Don't forget that this season was a bit different, only Torres was eligible for europa league, Ba was cup tied.

So starting with only Cavani and lukaku is already an upgrade (in term of quantity, not quality... heu wait :D)

If the rumors for Hulk are true, another one that can play as striker, so Cavani and only lukaku are enough for me

I just can't see Ba leaving after just a half year. If one striker leaves, it will be Torres. Ba is the perfect rotation striker to me.

There's a bigger chance of Hazard doing the false 9 like at Juventus than Schürrle playing the striker I think. And for a reason. Schürrle is awful if he plays alone up front. I can see him as a second striker, but not alone.

Don't forget that this season was a bit different, only Torres was eligible for europa league, Ba was cup tied.

So starting with only Cavani and lukaku is already an upgrade (in term of quantity, not quality... heu wait :D)

If the rumors for Hulk are true, another one that can play as striker, so Cavani and only lukaku are enough for me

Please, no Hulk. the guy isn't suitable to EPL at all. too heavy

edit:

I just realized my first post my have sound contradictory if I said I don't think we'll play with two strikers except on need and then I go saying that Mou will probably have someone to play like Cris did.

I meant we won't have for example Torres + Lukaku playing the same match except the eventual exception. But I do think he'll develop either Eden or Oscar to play like Cris did - but I'm not saying he's going to make them the next Cris... I'm not crazy ;)

Physical could have two meanings.

It's not physical in the way the Italian is.

But as the game is much fast-paced than in other places, it does involve a good physical preparation.

I think a faster guy is more suitable than a heavy guy... Drogba is strong, but not too heavy although he's slower now, but that's because he isn't getting any younger.

Physical could have too meanings.

It's not physical in the way the Italian is.

But as the game is much fast-paced than in other places, it does involve a good physical preparation.

I think a faster guy is more suitable than a heavy guy... Drogba is strong, but not too heavy although he's slower now, but that's because he isn't getting any younger.

I was talking about Hulk don't forget even though it's Cavani's thread. Hulk has both, pace and strength. And "I think a faster guy is more suitable than a heavy guy.." tell that to Yaya Toure for example.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You