Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Interesting Development. We're strongly linked with Schurrle which looks like it could be done, Cavani and Hulk.

We already have Ba, Torres and Lukaku (Who Mourinho has stated he wants to be at SW6 next year)

So, in my opinion, we should use Torres as part of the Cavani deal, purely as an easy way to get rid of him. He is a cancer and we will never progress as a club with him.

If the Scurrle deal is done, we'd probably use him as an inside forward. on the right or left, which leaves us with Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Schurrle and Moses for three positions.This would give us the options we've been lacking. If we start MAZCAR, we could have Schurrle and Moses on the bench, both could make an impact, Schurrle with his abillity to cut in and have a shot, and Moses with his direct wing play and power.

I can't really see the Hulk deal going through, but if it does it would have to mean Schurrle wouldn't be signed, or he would and Moses would be sold. It would also mean leaving either Hulk, Oscar, Mata or Hazard on the bench, I can't see Hazard or Mata being dropped, so Oscar's progress could be either hilted, or he could drop deeper into the double pivot.

Upfront, I'd keep Lukaku, sell Torres and unsure of what to do with Ba. We'd need three strikers, But with Lukaku's youth he needs game time, so he would have to get the nod over Ba.

It also gives us the option of playing 4-4-2, which the club hasn't done in years.

Very interesting transfer window ahead, probably will be the greatest of all time on a European point of view.

honestly this guys workrates in fifa are horrific. He is never inside the box and just sucks ass.

As for his real life value. I dont think hes worth the allegede 50 mil pounds buyout. If he were say 50 mil euros instead(about 42.5 mpounds) than Id go for him. Id rather see us blow big money on a cm,cb,lb instead. Rebuild team from defense up.

I know lol. He works too hard, i play with custom 3 forwards and while 2 stay up, Cavani is clowning around somewhere in midfield :lol:

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8762514

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis claims he expects to hold talks with Chelsea about a possible deal for Edinson Cavani.

Why does it say he expects? So he is just guessing that we are going to call him! This sounds like BS to good to be true!

Apparently according to City fans our interest is bullshit of the highest order and some going so far to say as he already signed with City last year.

Shitting their nappies they are :getin:

I still think City are more likely to get Cavani...IF it's a player + cash deal.

Why do i get a feeling that this is a tactic from the Napoli Prez to initiate a bidding war!! The fact that De Laurentiis needed to say it in public that 'Chelsea will call' only proves that there weren't 2 bids on the table. I would really want us to stall and see if Napoli bend a little regarding the transfer fees!! No body is gonna pay the buy out clause!!

Why do i get a feeling that this is a tactic from the Napoli Prez to initiate a bidding war!! The fact that De Laurentiis needed to say it in public that 'Chelsea will call' only proves that there weren't 2 bids on the table. I would really want us to stall and see if Napoli bend a little regarding the transfer fees!! No body is gonna pay the buy out clause!!

But Napoli don't have to sell. So they are basically saying if you want him pay us the 63 mil.

30 mln+Torres=ENOUGH.

Napoli arnt stupid. No way they would accept that. That would mean you value torres at 33 mil. I would say he could be worth 18 max.

So 45 + torres would be more accurate.

But I doubt torres would want to leave. He is on huge wages, and is settled. I doubt he wants to take a wage cut.

But Napoli don't have to sell. So they are basically saying if you want him pay us the 63 mil.

I think Cavani wants out! He wants to play for a big club and become more famous. May be Napoli has asked him not to go public with his plea to leave like the other Uruguayan! If Napoli weren't looking to cash in , they would have killed the rumors before they even started.

I think Cavani wants out! He wants to play for a big club and become more famous. May be Napoli has asked him not to go public with his plea to leave like the other Uruguayan! If Napoli weren't looking to cash in , they would have killed the rumors before they even started.

Maybe, but Napoli still holds the power in that regard as if they don't want to sell him and no one matches the release clause they don't have to.

Of course they wont want an unhappy player on their team, so it could lower thier asking price a little bit. To say 55 mil. But i think there is very slim chance he wil go for less than 50 mil, unless there is some sort of money + player swap deal.

Maybe, but Napoli still holds the power in that regard as if they don't want to sell him and no one matches the release clause they don't have to.

Of course they wont want an unhappy player on their team, so it could lower thier asking price a little bit. To say 55 mil. But i think there is very slim chance he wil go for less than 50 mil, unless there is some sort of money + player swap deal.

Yup, although i feel if negotiations done properly we can get him for around 45 which will still be a lot more than what i would normally pay for him!!

Not really, this is all trash talk to increase any bid we or shitty might do!

Cavani wants out, Benitez want a pacy striker, Napoli needs money to improve in other areas, we have Mourinho, City has crazy rich owners, etc.

Their president (I never ever remember his name ffs) is trying to get as much as he can. If you own an expensive and desired player like Cavani, you throw at the media that you will only sell for the maximum price. However, behind closed doors, he is reachin for a deal (with whoever club he sees an advantadge, be that financial or not)...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You