Edinson Cavani

CFC58

“The budget for the transfer market will be based in relation to the Financial Fair Play rules,” said De Laurentiis.

“If Cavani is sold then I’ll reinvest all of the 63 million euros of his rescission clause.

“There is interest from Chelsea in Cavani, they’ll call me in the next few hours.

“I’ll be delighted if he stays, but if he leaves then he will be adequately replaced.”

De Laurentiis also considered Napoli’s plans for players to bring in over the summer.

“At the moment the priorities are in defence given the departure of Hugo Campagnaro [free transfer to Inter] and the change in system.

“Benitez’s formation will also require a midfielder, so we are looking for an important figure in the middle.

“We also require another right sided second striker. We are closing in on someone in this area, but I can’t say anything more in order to avoid the asking price going up.

“We’ll also consider a goalkeeper, but not to replace Morgan De Sanctis. We’re in talks with a youngster to be our second choice.”

Juan Zuniga has been linked with Inter and Juventus recently, but the President was clear.

“Zuniga will stay at Napoli. I won’t sell him – not even for 25m.”

Discussion recently has been on De Laurentiis’ plans to buy a second club, perhaps in England.

“My idea for the English club is to start from a lower league, I want to export the Napoli model in four nations – Italy, USA, England and Brazil.

“I want to do that in the next six years.”

----------

So far nothing on Benitez wanting Torres.

he's trying for an auction... I hope Roman is smart enough not to fall for it and if we sign him, we do it for a reasonable price. 63M isn't it.

he's trying for an auction... I hope Roman is smart enough not to fall for it and if we sign him, we do it for a reasonable price. 63M isn't it.

He's one of the best strikers in world football, you have to expect to pay huge money if you want that. The only way someone would come cheaper is if their contract is nigh on run down.

It's not a matter of 'falling for it' it's a matter of do we want one of the best.

He's one of the best strikers in world football, you have to expect to pay huge money if you want that. The only way someone would come cheaper is if their contract is nigh on run down.

It's not a matter of 'falling for it' it's a matter of do we want one of the best.

it feels overpriced though... and we need more guys than just a striker.

Why do people keep talking about how we probably wont pay the 63 mill euros for him? We paid 50 for torres, its about the same converted now isn't it? Roman will pay whats necessary if he/Jose/the board wants the player enough

let's not talk about that... the only worse deal in football history is RM's bid for Kaká.

But maybe you guys are right and he has like 100M to spend. I only worry about spending too much in one player when we also need reinforcements in other positions like CB and DM.

So lets look at the big picture....We spend 50M on Cavani, 10M on De Rossi and 20M on Schurlle, plus bring back KDB, Essien and Lukaku....

Now we ain't looking bad are we?

Takes FM hat off.....even though I don't play it. :getin:

62 + Torres

Is Torres really worth €1m though?

We'll pay full price and the cost of the plane ticket to get him there. Shit, we'll pay for his medical too.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You