Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Fuckin mental how people can claim 63m euros for cavani is too much when people like Fernandinho move for £34m. It's the way the market is, and is going to stay, the first £100m transfer isnt far away

Fernandinho cost for City 22m. It was a mistake by Sky Sports, they included his wages for five years (12m).

Fernandinho cost for City 22m. It was a mistake by Sky Sports, they included his wages for five years (12m).

This is what it says on the Shaktar website:

On 6 June, FC Shakhtar and Manchester City reached an agreement regarding the transfer of the Pitmen’s midfielder Fernandinho to the English club. The Citizens signed the Brazilian for 40 million euros.

Could mean either really.

I dont know about that, i do know that a few minutes after Sky Sports came with this 34m thing, many reliable twitter accounts explained its not what City paid for Shaktar.

yeah, the president talked about the release clause the other day.... it's insane and as much as I think we need him 63m is a lot and we could buy three good players with that money and solve our issues on CB, DM and FW

I seriously doubt Fernandinho moved to City for £45k a week. Even the official Shakhtar website says it's 40m euros, and I'm more inclined to believe them than twitter.

"On 6 June, FC Shakhtar and Manchester City reached an agreement regarding the transfer of the Pitmen’s midfielder Fernandinho to the English club. The Citizens signed the Brazilian for 40 million euros."

They wouldn't include his wages in there.

I seriously doubt Fernandinho moved to City for £45k a week.

Its a four year deal, my mistake. anyway idk about the all thing, maybe its 40m like shaktar are saying. From what ive read City didnt want to pay that much.

Edit: Forget it, as we speak the twitter account i was talking about twitted this five minutes ago:

@TransferNewsCen

Sky were in fact right, Fernandinho has cost City £34 million. Confirmed via Shaktar's official website.

Alot of money for him, but i think he's the perfect midfielder to play with Yaya and they didnt have a better option.

Shakhtar's official account confirms the price of Fernandinho being 40m euro.

Still can't believe they pay 40m for 28 year old player, who play in Ukraine and not ever in Brazil national team. What are they thinking then Alcantara avaible only for 18m? Crazy, now he should prove much or it will end bad for them, with media will make huge laugh.

63m euros is around £50m? seems about right. Really hope we sign him, as with Falcao moving to Monaco and Lewandowski surely off to Bayern, I cant see any more options to sign the top striker that we badly need.

I'd imagine City are still favourites to sign him though, they seem ready to spend big £

“The budget for the transfer market will be based in relation to the Financial Fair Play rules,” said De Laurentiis.

“If Cavani is sold then I’ll reinvest all of the 63 million euros of his rescission clause.

“There is interest from Chelsea in Cavani, they’ll call me in the next few hours.

“I’ll be delighted if he stays, but if he leaves then he will be adequately replaced.”

De Laurentiis also considered Napoli’s plans for players to bring in over the summer.

“At the moment the priorities are in defence given the departure of Hugo Campagnaro [free transfer to Inter] and the change in system.

“Benitez’s formation will also require a midfielder, so we are looking for an important figure in the middle.

“We also require another right sided second striker. We are closing in on someone in this area, but I can’t say anything more in order to avoid the asking price going up.

“We’ll also consider a goalkeeper, but not to replace Morgan De Sanctis. We’re in talks with a youngster to be our second choice.”

Juan Zuniga has been linked with Inter and Juventus recently, but the President was clear.

“Zuniga will stay at Napoli. I won’t sell him – not even for 25m.”

Discussion recently has been on De Laurentiis’ plans to buy a second club, perhaps in England.

“My idea for the English club is to start from a lower league, I want to export the Napoli model in four nations – Italy, USA, England and Brazil.

“I want to do that in the next six years.”

----------

So far nothing on Benitez wanting Torres.

“The budget for the transfer market will be based in relation to the Financial Fair Play rules,” said De Laurentiis.

“If Cavani is sold then I’ll reinvest all of the 63 million euros of his rescission clause.

“There is interest from Chelsea in Cavani, they’ll call me in the next few hours.

“I’ll be delighted if he stays, but if he leaves then he will be adequately replaced.”

De Laurentiis also considered Napoli’s plans for players to bring in over the summer.

“At the moment the priorities are in defence given the departure of Hugo Campagnaro [free transfer to Inter] and the change in system.

“Benitez’s formation will also require a midfielder, so we are looking for an important figure in the middle.

“We also require another right sided second striker. We are closing in on someone in this area, but I can’t say anything more in order to avoid the asking price going up.

“We’ll also consider a goalkeeper, but not to replace Morgan De Sanctis. We’re in talks with a youngster to be our second choice.”

Juan Zuniga has been linked with Inter and Juventus recently, but the President was clear.

“Zuniga will stay at Napoli. I won’t sell him – not even for 25m.”

Discussion recently has been on De Laurentiis’ plans to buy a second club, perhaps in England.

“My idea for the English club is to start from a lower league, I want to export the Napoli model in four nations – Italy, USA, England and Brazil.

“I want to do that in the next six years.”

----------

So far nothing on Benitez wanting Torres.

I think the club want Torres to stay, although now is the time to sell him

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You