Josh McEachran

Term-X

Have you seen his twitter and social media accounts?, he's already living the life of a celebrity, all the latest fashion.. luxury flat, the works. The club seemed to have given Ake one of those multi-million pound penthouses too.

It's amazing how these guys stay hungry for success.

It's amazing how these guys stay hungry for success.

..and that right there, sums up why English players don't make it. Clubs paying them extraordinary wages and giving them all these perks. I remember when we signed Sturridge, when he was a youth/reserve team player coming in and was already apparently on £60,000/week. A ridiculous amount! They live a David Beckham lifestyle when they haven't even made a handful of first team appearances.

Manchester City have built a new academy centre which apparently cost them £150million.

sleep experts were called in to design the players’ bedrooms, selecting wallpaper with light circular patterns. “It’s very soothing,’’
There are rooms for yoga, Pilates, cryotherapy and a hypoxic chamber with treadmills where a player can tap “Rio in July” into the computer on the wall and the room heats to the required temperature.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11277373/Manchester-Citys-new-150m-academy-The-English-Milan-Lab-from-which-they-aim-to-rule-Europe.html

These players are pampered almost. Taking the football spirit out of it, they become lab rats that are paid stupid amounts when they're yet to prove their worth. Mind boggling conditions..

• 1 month later...

We have an exact replica of him in our reserve team and his name his Charlie colkett. Hopefully his career doesn't end up like Josh's.

Charlie has a beautiful left foot, excellent vision, his passing is more often effective than I remember was the case with Josh, and he doesn't shy away from a tackle*. I think Charlie is the better of the two, but time will tell.

*Not that I'm saying Josh does. I'm just commenting that this part of Charlie's game is in place.

Charlie has a beautiful left foot, excellent vision, his passing is more often effective than I remember was the case with Josh, and he doesn't shy away from a tackle*. I think Charlie is the better of the two, but time will tell.

*Not that I'm saying Josh does. I'm just commenting that this part of Charlie's game is in place.

That was one element of Josh's game where he struggled, IMO, he was often a little shy when it came to imposing himself physically on the game.

• 3 months later...

with each loan he seems to decrease his market value. at this point if we could get £1m for him i'd be happy. i wouldn't loan him out again.

even Kakuta shows and showed more than him (it's incredible he's still on our books.)

if Josh were foreign, still contracted to us, not 1000 people would know his name. he's on the level of Tika Musonda

He has contract until 2016, I guess we will sell him even for peanuts.

But who will take him though ? It was mistake giving him such big contract. Josh probably knows that the next year will be his last big earning so he won't lower his demands.

He has contract until 2016, I guess we will sell him even for peanuts.

But who will take him though ? It was mistake giving him such big contract. Josh probably knows that the next year will be his last big earning so he won't lower his demands.

He could be a good option for a championship side. Someone would take a punt on him.

Biggest let down, he could have been so so good.

Got in at 17 bagged a Corrie missus and thought he made it, maybe if Jose was here then thing's would have been different.

Biggest let down, he could have been so so good.

Got in at 17 bagged a Corrie missus and thought he made it, maybe if Jose was here then thing's would have been different.

What killed him was his strength, no one can survive being that weak. He had all the passing in the world but loses the ball in a critical midfield area