Josh McEachran

Term-X

On 02/10/2018 at 11:44 PM, manpe said:

Honestly?? Damn that's Makelele level bad for an attacking midfielder.

He isn't an attacking mid, he plays deep, the few times i have seen Brentford he never entered the final 3rd outside set pieces.

• 7 months later...

How did things go so downhill for him. Brentford have announced him amongst their release list this summer. Has suffered with numerous injuries too. His next club will be interesting to see. Will take a massive wage drop wherever he goes as I can't see much teams willing to pay him that much money as he is injury-prone.

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

How did things go so downhill for him. Brentford have announced him amongst their release list this summer. Has suffered with numerous injuries too. His next club will be interesting to see. Will take a massive wage drop wherever he goes as I can't see much teams willing to pay him that much money as he is injury-prone.

I was there for this game... he was  basically playing the 'Jorginho role'. Look how dynamic he was. The notoriety went to his head and that unfortunately fucked his career.

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

I was there for this game... he was  basically playing the 'Jorginho role'. Look how dynamic he was. The notoriety went to his head and that unfortunately fucked his career.

Is it just me, or is our movement much much better than what it is these days. Honestly speaking I don't see much movement when we play, no runs in the box, pretty pedestrian.

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

Despite us losing the game, he was fantastic. Dominated that game when he came on. Can you believe he was only 17 years of age? His technical ability was brilliant. Should of made it at the top.

6 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Is it just me, or is our movement much much better than what it is these days. Honestly speaking I don't see much movement when we play, no runs in the box, pretty pedestrian.

That season was probably our worst for lack of creativity, our double winners stagnated and any half competant defense contained us with ease.

33 minutes ago, DDA said:

Memorable game. Billy Clifford and Jacob Mellis were on the bench, and also Nate Chalobah who was only 15 back then! Crazy.

20 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Memorable game. Billy Clifford and Jacob Mellis were on the bench, and also Nate Chalobah who was only 15 back then! Crazy.

Mellis is now at Mansfield in League 2 and Billy Clifford is playing non-league football at Slough Town. Crazy.

• 2 months later...

Brentford fans react to reports Josh McEachran has joined Sheffield Wednesday for pre-season training

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/fan-views/brentford-fans-react-to-reports-josh-mceachran-has-joined-sheffield-wednesday-for-pre-season-training/

Brentford supporters are reacting to reports one of their former players has joined Sheffield Wednesday for pre-season training.

According to the Star, the midfielder Josh McEachran flew out to Portugal on Friday and was due to take part in the Owls’ Saturday morning session.

McEachran – who came through the ranks at Chelsea, a couple of years below the Wednesday midfielder Sam Hutchinson – was among the players released by Brentford at the end of last season.

And the Owls have already agreed a deal to sign another of those, the right-back Moses Odubajo.

Whether or not McEachran will follow remains to be seen, however. And the 26-year-old’s chances are likely to hinge on how well he performs in the coming few days.

But according to the following Brentford fans, their Sheffield Wednesday counterparts should not get their hopes up…

On 8.5.2019 at 8:06 PM, Tomo said:

That season was probably our worst for lack of creativity, our double winners stagnated and any half competant defense contained us with ease.

Drogba and Lampard were injured fpr most of the season and when they came  back they made up 13points gap on Utd. It was a very unlucky season. A bad transfer window and bad injuries fucked us

Still that game there vs Newcastle sich retro feeling. Zhirkov Ramires midfield, yossi fuckin benayoun, ferreira with that almost world class goal, feels like ages ago. Bruma, Mceachran and can aanholt possibly with their best game in a chelsea shirt. At least two of those still play at an ok level.

On 08/05/2019 at 8:27 PM, nyikolajevics said:

Billy Clifford Escapes Smoke Bomb Fallout, But Jacob Mellis Gets The Sack

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2012/3/20/2886879/billy-clifford-jacob-mellis-smoke-bomb

On 7/14/2019 at 9:10 AM, Vesper said:

Brentford fans react to reports Josh McEachran has joined Sheffield Wednesday for pre-season training

Best of luck to Josh. Hope he picks up a contract at Wednesday, or a good level club somewhere.

Meanwhile I'm delighted that his little brother George signed a new contract this summer because I feared he might leave. I don't mean it as a slight to Josh, but I think George has more talent and works harder too. I was happy when Maurizio put him on the bench against Vidi, but very disappointed he didn't get on, even after the result was safe. Operating as a deep playmaker, George was a key contributor to England's U17 world cup win twenty-one months ago. Check out the assist in the video below. I've tired to cue up the video to the right spot but, just in case, it comes a little before 02:10.

• 2 years later...

231 games in career 1 goal 😂

And once it was this:
A central midfielder, McEachran idolised Zinedine Zidane growing up and commented "it was everything about him, his goals, his touches. He was the complete all-round midfielder".[97] When Zidane retired in 2006, McEachran looked up to Andrés Iniesta.[97] Ray Wilkins and Stuart Pearce have commended on McEachran's incisive passing,[98] while André Villas-Boas and Brendan Rodgers have lauded his vision on the pitch and technical abilities, comparing him to Luka Modrić, Jack Wilshere and Samir Nasri.[99] Peter Bosz commented in 2015 that McEachran "needs to improve his defensive play", but "will certainly be a player at a good level".[46]