Josh McEachran

Term-X

Just rewatched the Wigan game vs Le Arse up to the point Josh went off and on the ball he's sound, off it the difference between him and McCarthur was borderline cringeworthy.

He needs to sort that out especially with Mourinho at the helm.

Yeah, I though defensively that was his weakest game for them. He's been doing really well in that department in the championship, always intecepting and breaking play up.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that he played the entire game yesterday for Wigan. Anyone watched the game and have updates of how good he is and if he's improved this season? I remember the hype there was back in 2011 (or so) when he looked like he could have become the next big thing for us. I still think the managerial changes slowed down his development, so we had to throw him out on loan - Ancelotti seemed to like the boy and was playing him while Lampard (I believe it was during that time) was injured.

I noticed that he played the entire game yesterday for Wigan. Anyone watched the game and have updates of how good he is and if he's improved this season? I remember the hype there was back in 2011 (or so) when he looked like he could have become the next big thing for us. I still think the managerial changes slowed down his development, so we had to throw him out on loan - Ancelotti seemed to like the boy and was playing him while Lampard (I believe it was during that time) was injured.

He has improved his overall game this season...but he just seems too laid back to become a first team player under Mourinho

McEachran's best chance of making it at Chelsea was under Ancelotti...he could potentially be a bench warmer for Mourinho (as a way of filling the homegrown quota)

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering what is the point of keeping him now, might as well sell him for a couple of millions to a team like Southampton and hope they develop him. Now is the time we need a CM and when we have someone world class alongside Matic I cannot see anyway back for him. Almost really similar with the Marin situation except he isn't injury prone.

Starting for U20s today in place of Chalobah as the squad gets rotated (4th game in 8d ays). Playing against Collmbia U20 who actually also have a Chelsea player starting for them, the lesser spotted Joao Rodriguez.

Wondering what is the point of keeping him now, might as well sell him for a couple of millions to a team like Southampton and hope they develop him. Now is the time we need a CM and when we have someone world class alongside Matic I cannot see anyway back for him. Almost really similar with the Marin situation except he isn't injury prone.

I actually agree with you.

I think we've simply hampered him too much and he's just not going to find his confidence with us. If we keep sending him on loan it's just going to reinforce our lack of belief in him. and you're right, a club like Southampton would be ideal for him. Cork revived his career with them, of course now everything depends on their next manager. It's not even us cutting our losses.. It's for the player himself to rediscover his talent.