Josh McEachran

Term-X

• 2 weeks later...

he has split with his GF. even she is sick with his stagnant career.

I think the girl was partly to blame for his development turning to shit. At least that's the image I've got from following Josh in social media, most times he seemed to be more focused on the relationship than playing football. Maybe now he can get back to being 100% committed to his career, he's still very young and has a lot of talent if he just gets his head back in the game. Probably won't have a future at Chelsea but can still make a decent career for himself if he manages to get back on the right track.

• 1 month later...

From hero to zero. From "future Chelsea legend" to playing for mugs in Segunda.

I feel sorry for him. Too bad it didn't work out.

But one man's failure is another man's success - hopefully Nate, Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Swift, Boga will have a different path than Josh in their careers

From hero to zero. From "future Chelsea legend" to playing for mugs in Segunda.

I feel sorry for him. Too bad it didn't work out.

But one man's failure is another man's success - hopefully Nate, Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Swift, Boga will have a different path than Josh in their careers

hope they learn from his mistakes

taking spanish lessons. so he can join Zaragoza or Recreativo on loan. (2nd division teams)

Full story on what Lucio mentioned..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10972321/Chelseas-Josh-McEachran-to-take-Spanish-lessons-ahead-of-potential-loan-move-abroad.html

I have been an advocate of him since his youth team days but let's face it he's his own biggest obstacle and largely responsible for the stagnation because of his lazy lackadastical attitude that he exhibits on the pitch and lack of hunger and desire in his game. I have seen him too many times just stand around, completely uninterested in the game and just happy to let games pass him by, that's a terrible attitude to have and reflects lack of ambition and desire to grow and develop.

For balance, It wasn't all his fault though and our board as to share some of the blame

The sacking of Ancelotti: Under the Italian, he showed huge promise, desire and hunger and looked destined for greatness, i still remember his league cup debute against Newcastle and his MOTM performace in the UCL against Marseille very fondly. He was progressing and flourishing under a manager that trusted and believed in him. It's no surprise that his decline coincided with the sacking of Ancelotti and it's been downward from there.

Then the hiring of AVB who was absolutely terrible with the youth. He showed absolutely no desire in any of our youth or integrating them into the first team. that became apparent when he secluded them from training with and using the first team training facilities. With Josh stagnating on the bench and not getting any minutes on the pitch he then decided to loan him out to a team that already had the position that he plays in covered with Leon Britton and Joe Allen.

What followed that loan spell is all down to him however as lack of stagnation can be blamed on someone else but a lack of desire and hunger on the other hand is a character defect.

All in all the lesson here is the youth need stability but also the right attitude in order to fulfill their potential. It also helps if the manager is one that shares a passion and philosophy for developing young talents.

WONDERFUL post.

I have been an advocate of him since his youth team days but let's face it he's his own biggest obstacle and largely responsible for the stagnation because of his lazy lackadastical attitude that he exhibits on the pitch and lack of hunger and desire in his game. I have seen him too many times just stand around, completely uninterested in the game and just happy to let games pass him by, that's a terrible attitude to have and reflects lack of ambition and desire to grow and develop.

For balance, It wasn't all his fault though and our board as to share some of the blame

The sacking of Ancelotti: Under the Italian, he showed huge promise, desire and hunger and looked destined for greatness, i still remember his league cup debute against Newcastle and his MOTM performace in the UCL against Marseille very fondly. He was progressing and flourishing under a manager that trusted and believed in him. It's no surprise that his decline coincided with the sacking of Ancelotti and it's been downward from there.

Then the hiring of AVB who was absolutely terrible with the youth. He showed absolutely no desire in any of our youth or integrating them into the first team. that became apparent when he secluded them from training with and using the first team training facilities. With Josh stagnating on the bench and not getting any minutes on the pitch he then decided to loan him out to a team that already had the position that he plays in covered with Leon Britton and Joe Allen.

What followed that loan spell is all down to him however as lack of stagnation can be blamed on someone else but a lack of desire and hunger on the other hand is a character defect.

All in all the lesson here is the youth need stability but also the right attitude in order to fulfill their potential. It also helps if the manager is one that shares a passion and philosophy for developing young talents.

It's always been a highlight to me that every manager that we've had have picked out their 'favourites' in the youth team. Ancelotti chose Borini/McEachran, Benitez chose Ake etc.

So with that said, our revolving door policy has allowed so many of these players to leave outright when they could've had the opportunity to make it. It makes me think that if we had Shaw in our academy he would've never made it to the level he's at now.

Mourinho has seemed to earmark Kalas for now, even in spite of his loan, so perhaps there's an opportunity for him. Hopefully after yesterday he'll also taking a liking for Bamford too.

As for Josh, this loan to Spain just seems as pointless as all the others. In 2.5 years this will be his 5th loan or something, none of which have done anything for him. He needs a permanent move away I think, to a club with lower expectations and with a manager who truly has time and patience to nurture talent.

Looks as if it will be another loan. Unless we can loan him with the option to buy at the end of the season it will be pointless. Hopefully given his physique and technical ability he will do better over in Spain which would increase his value.

It's sad really because he did look the real deal in 2010/11. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be but in a lot of his loan stints he never seemed like he wanted it enough. He never wanted to push himself out of his comfort zone and reach the next level