Ramires

DavidEU

Ball control, what about beating several players in a row ? How many times does he crashes on the last man to beat ? ... To be fair, not that often.

Vision, are you kidding ? Given his main playing style, the last deliveries are the most difficult thing to get from that kind of players. There's hundreds of players able to take the ball and beat several opponents, what makes the difference is the end product.

Ramires' creativity and ability to pick an unmarked player at the end of his runs makes him one of the best in his position. How many don't have the composure, lucidity and just gives the ball away? Ramires usually gives great deliveries, through space in instance

Skills, I'm not so sure I get you... Obviously he gets caught when he's static but that's pretty similar than the opposite situation in which you ask a holding player to get on the ball and push forward...

Ramires always gets that last touch that makes him being fouled, getting penalties in instance. For me that's skills that serve his playing style and make the efficiency of his game

(And yes, forget about that rabona at White Hart Lane haha)

Did that come from the same part of your brain that said Torres had a really good movement?

Where are the pics?

Rambo is a very good player, but you are exagerating a lot !

Did that come from the same part of your brain that said Torres had an really good movement?

Where are the pics?

Rambo is a very good player, but you are exagerating a lot /!

I think what he means to say is that its not often that you have a player who charges forward at a high tempo and can still have an eye for a good pass. Ever heard of Walcott the headless chicken? Ramires can offer thrust, and can also make a good pass at the end of his runs. That can be invaluable to the team.

People think Ramires has poor dribbling because he doesn't have the ability to control the ball closely like Hazard for example.

Dribbling is not only about close control though - its about keeping the ball under control, and there can be different ways in doing this - close control dribbling a la Messi or Hazard or direct dribbling a la Bale, Valencia or our own Ramires. Ramires is one of the best in the league when it comes to direct dribbling.

Ramires' passing being poor is a misconception IMO too. He completed around 85% so far this season - far from being poor. Yes, he might not always provide that killer pass (even though he has shown to do it on various occasions) but he rarely loses the ball via his passing, that's fact.

I don't get Ramires. He is an enigma to me. He'll pull out a solo goal and beat 4 defenders whilst doing it but the next minute he is struggling with simple passes. Tactically I think he is out of his element outside of a 4-3-3...Mikel, Ramires and Moutinho would be my ideal three man midfield, that'd be perfect in this guy's eyes.

Torres goal in the CS shield against City, that was all Ramires, that was such an underrated play, one of our better goals this year imo. Good run by him, great dribbling and a great final pass which I wasn't expecting. He just looks clumsy with the ball but he actually pulls off some amazing plays with his dribbling and passes in the final third.

He didn't went through a football academy, he was a worker on a building site in his teenage years. That explains why his game isn't scholar.

But that doesn't means he's a drag though, the stuff about his passing game is very overrated.

That has its positive things aswell, he is less predictable than academy scholars who have this typical academy's way of play stamped all over them, making them a bit more disciplined but less unpredictable.

Thinking back to THAT Ramires goal at the Nou Camp. Like the Andrea Pirlo penalty against England at the Euro’s, it was a psychological turning point. Barca 2-0 up, 45mins in.. preparing for half time, everything going as planned. And all of a sudden an exquisitely composed world class finish from Ramires, set up by a team with 10 men on the pitch. Making it an almost 'troll' like moment ala Pirlo's nonchalant penalty kick, which was completely against the formality & flow of the moment. Think of the mind frame of the England players after witnessing Pirlo’s troll penalty, it was almost like whatever happened next in the shootout was never going to live up to that.

I love that people are using his completion % to defend his solid passing. How many times a game does he pass it back to one of the defenders? It's when we're trying to go forward a bit and inching into their third is when he clearly shows an inefficiency to pass it. It's clear as day and it's one of the things holding him back from being world class.

Great finish and a decent game today, but I really don't think he has much of a future on the right-wing and I've had reservations about him playing in midfield for a while. Not quite sure where he fits in the next 12-18 months.

As a game changer from the bench.His pace and power would be great asset against tiring defenders and midfielders.

As a game changer from the bench.His pace and power would be great asset against tiring defenders and midfielders.

Too good to be on the bench. The odd games yes but most times should Ramires start? Yes. The amount of times he has popped up like Lampard and done something special. Even against Arsenal this season where he played CM was the MOTM. It is good that we can have a player whose best position is in the CM but can put in brilliant shifts on the wing.

Too good to be on the bench. The odd games yes but most times should Ramires start? Yes. The amount of times he has popped up like Lampard and done something special. Even against Arsenal this season where he played CM was the MOTM. It is good that we can have a player whose best position is in the CM but can put in brilliant shifts on the wing.

In most away games and against teams who will attack us we should start with ramires but against teams that park the bus ramires is not of much use.

This season you're right but next season we will hopefully have strengthened that central midfield area and I don't know if there is a place for him. He's great in the games like Arsenal where we're playing with our backs to the wall (as in the second-half), but really we should be controlling the tempo of games better than that and I don't know if he's the man for it.