Ramires

DavidEU

Love Ramires, definitely a fan's favourite, but definitely presents a problem of where to play him. He's definitely not a right-winger, but neither is a defensive midfield player. So where can he be deployed? Safe choice would be with Mikel, but with the scoring form Lampard's gone, it's unlikely he'll be dropped for Rami.

Not good enough for us. The day he's sold will be the day we accept that we need skilful players in midfield who can comfortably handle possession of the ball. There are times when he struggles with the absolute basics.

He had a good game yesterday. I thought his passing was alot better as well, we would be mad to sell him he is a very useful player to have in the squad!

He's so rushed on the ball, I get that his 'drive' is good but he just takes away that position I'd prefer to an have an accomplished passer in.

Wouldn't mind if he was clinical like lampard for the amount of chances or shots he has.

Like a post a while back he was our best CM against arsenal for 45 minutes. Then arsenal took over.

Ramires offers two things; Stamina and pace, the rest of the things he just doesn't have in his locker. For me we lack a ball rotator in midfield like a Modric type player who will sit, collect and keep the ball with the ability of a defence splitting pass. Ramires seems to have the Torres bug when the ball is at his feet, it can bounce off him at any angle and he isn't quite sure where he is at times.

We need someone with more ability to play with Mikel who can dictate play centrally.

His passion and good-will cannot be challenged, that's certain. He is really a hard worker and give his heart out. Sometimes, he is even able of flash of brilliance (his goal against ManCity at the Bridge in his first season, and his goal against Barça).

Although, his decision making and technique (especially his first touch and his shooting) are very questionnable. That's really not good enough. Ideally, he really hasn't got his spot in the starting eleven.

The formation does not suite him but he definitely a remarkable player that would be a huge asset for any team. He is just so different, unlike any other player I've ever seen. What he lacks in terms of "traditional" technical abilities he more than makes up for in physical attributes. His ability to deliver at full speed after one of his trademark runs is unbelievable.

I would not be surprised if he got axed from Brazil starting 11 soon, since they realized his technically ability is so bad.

However, Ramires, is a player you want on your team. He wins balls and isn't afraid to challenge (probably the most amount of could of yellow cards, lol) He has amazing pace, stamina and his finishing is good.

The formation does not suite him but he definitely a remarkable player that would be a huge asset for any team. He is just so different, unlike any other player I've ever seen. What he lacks in terms of "traditional" technical abilities he more than makes up for in physical attributes. His ability to deliver at full speed after one of his trademark runs is unbelievable.

Don't we need someone with 'traditional technical abilities' if we're looking to dominate games? He performs best in games where we're under-pressure and looking to counter (Barcelona last year, Arsenal this year) but in games where we have the ball for long stretches and teams defend deep he simply looks like a headless chicken.

He's a poor facsimile of Essien who compared physical strength and endurance with good technical skills and he's been one of the reasons we've struggled in games this year. He needs replacing ASAP if we're looking to win titles although he may well have a position on the bench when we need someone to close down teams or play on the counter.

Nice guy but not good enough for any team with aspirations of success (and I include Brazil in that).

Obviously you need technically gifted players to win games but he's not the only player on the field. Ramires brings something different, gives opposition players something new to think about. His pacy runs are his best offensive assets so he naturally enjoys playing in games with space. I don't think he's comparable to any other player. Essien obviously was the perfect central midfielder, one of the best in the history of this league, but even he could not deliver as well as Rami at the end of runs.

How is not good enough for teams with aspirations? We couldn't have won the CL last year without him, especially against Barcelona.

We won the CL with a large dose of luck. You can't rely on those tactics to win every time and I don't think any club would aspire to. We essentially said to Barca that we would allow them the ball and force them to beat us, which is massively risky. With our backs against the wall, his driving runs allowed us to break from defence to attack quickly and take advantage of Barca committing players forward.

But if you plan on being a top team, you can't do that for 60+ games a season. How many times a year do you anticipate us playing with those types of tactics going forward? Half-a-dozen maybe?

I'd much rather we build a team which aspires to control games and the one word you don't think of when you consider Ramires is 'control'. Thinking of the type of squad we'll have next season (if things go according to plan) I don't see where he fits in.

We won the CL with a large dose of luck. You can't rely on those tactics to win every time and I don't think any club would aspire to. We essentially said to Barca that we would allow them the ball and force them to beat us, which is massively risky. With our backs against the wall, his driving runs allowed us to break from defence to attack quickly and take advantage of Barca committing players forward.

But if you plan on being a top team, you can't do that for 60+ games a season. How many times a year do you anticipate us playing with those types of tactics going forward? Half-a-dozen maybe?

I'd much rather we build a team which aspires to control games and the one word you don't think of when you consider Ramires is 'control'. Thinking of the type of squad we'll have next season (if things go according to plan) I don't see where he fits in.

I was only giving an example but in no way does Ramires only play well in those types of games. I distinctly remember him being one of our best players in games we completely dominated like against Arsenal, Villa..etc

But I do agree that he is not at his best against teams who put the whole team behind the ball.

I was only giving an example but in no way does Ramires only play well in those types of games. I distinctly remember him being one of our best players in games we completely dominated like against Arsenal, Villa..etc

But I do agree that he is not at his best against teams who put the whole team behind the ball.

Are you talking about the recent Arsenal home game where we defended with our backs to the wall for almost the entire second-half??

That's exactly the type of game he thrives in and I said at the time that the midfield two of him and Lamps was the root of our problems. They failed to control the game.