Ramires

DavidEU

There are too many Ramireses at current Chelsea. The most of Chelsea players are being pushed off the ball too easily, as seen today. Where are the Essiens of the past on Chelsea squad ?

The team if full of technical players who are not willing to go into fights for the ball & if they do, then they are being bounced off too easily. Too soft in my books.

I'm sure you work for our board.

So does some gobshite on twitter (well he called me an idiot, twat, retard etc which usally is associated with our board so....) because I said I'd prefer we sat Lampard on the bench and got someone whos actually a playmaker and used him next to Mikel...........

Anyway I'm just thinking we should go back to 4-3-3. Best formation for us.

Still trying not to laugh at these twitter gobshites though

So does some gobshite on twitter (well he called me an idiot, twat, retard etc which usally is associated with our board so....) because I said I'd prefer we sat Lampard on the bench and got someone whos actually a playmaker and used him next to Mikel...........

Anyway I'm just thinking we should go back to 4-3-3. Best formation for us.

Still trying not to laugh at these twitter gobshites though

It's not that what I'm talking about, It's that i think you're too short sighted, we do need new midfielders. Ramires has a very poor first touch, and sometimes his pace doesn't make up for it, because teams are different to play against, we need different abillities for each team in order to play our game. Ramires has a very poor technical abillity regardless of certain outbursts, theirs no way you can say he has a consistent technical abillity, if you have watched him and that's your serious answer.

I think It's time we upgrade and badly, we are falling behind our rivals, and our board are bleeding us dry.

I think people need to understand that sometimes a player does not have to be this technically gifted footballer for him to be an asset to a side. There are many flaws in Rami's game but there are also certain qualities that he brings to this squad that are very vital. I think to say that there's no place for him in the squad because his touch isn't first class or his passes aren't xavi-esque is being a bit too simplistic. To be competitive you need one or two players that can bring something completely different from the others. Yes we're in desperate need for a top center midfielder but there's no doubt in my mind that without ramires' qualities we would be even more of a mess than we are now. I personally find him fascinating, simply because he plays football like he was just plucked off the streets of Brazil and thrown into a stadium! He's playing style is so raw and completely lacks any sort of refinement but yet he's still a brilliant player (in he's own way.)

Would love to see what he could become under good coaching and stable management.

I think people need to understand that sometimes a player does not have to be this technically gifted footballer for him to be an asset to a side. There are many flaws in Rami's game but there are also certain qualities that he brings to this squad that are very vital. I think to say that there's no place for him in the squad because his touch isn't first class or his passes aren't xavi-esque is being a bit too simplistic. To be competitive you need one or two players that can bring something completely different from the others. Yes we're in desperate need for a top center midfielder but there's no doubt in my mind that without ramires' qualities we would be even more of a mess than we are now. I personally find him fascinating, simply because he plays football like he was just plucked off the streets of Brazil and thrown into a stadium! He's playing style is so raw and completely lacks any sort of refinement but yet he's still a brilliant player (in he's own way.)

Would love to see what he could become under good coaching and stable management.

No-one is saying he should be Xavi. He should just be better than he is.

Admiring a lack of refinement is fine in an artist. I've got a 6 year old cousin who can do these finger paintings. Do I want to put them up in my home because she's had no formal training? No fucking chance.

But I agree. I would love to see what he'd be like if he could have a reliable first-touch coached into him but I think our priorities should be different.

Perhaps, we all should be happy to even have someone like Ramires. After all, who else could play since on the bench are two water boys only ?

This, my friend, should have been De Bruyne. But obviously, some members of the board thought otherwise and god don't ask me why I've seen the Bruyne play a lot, and believe me, he was as ready for Chelsea's level at the beginning of this season as was Eden

This, my friend, should have been De Bruyne. But obviously, some members of the board thought otherwise and god don't ask me why I've seen the Bruyne play a lot, and believe me, he was as ready for Chelsea's level at the beginning of this season as was Eden

I have been posting it for months. If Chelsea´s board have done some homework on the number of games were waiting for the team to play in, these players should never been loaned out. Currently, 22 bodies on the team & 5 are just passing drinks. Every other team is allowed to have 25 players. How can the team challenge anyone, then ? 4 strikers at Manure, Citeh...Chelsea = 1 1/2.

Something is seriously wrong there. Meanwhile, the boo crowd blames Rafa.

So here comes all the bullshit after one bad game. Everyone was bad today IMO. But all of a sudden, Ramires has a bad game and he is not good enough for the club. Bullshit. Please just look at the things he has done for the club before saying he is not good enough. Now all of a sudden the previous post states Ramires should play against the weak teams, contradictory. Was not that what people were saying he should be used for the big games? Please just look at what he has done against the 'bigger teams' before we state he is not good enough.

Stop being blind. People has always known of Ramires weaknesses- his ballcontroll, first touch, reckless defending and so on. Have you missed that our midfield has been the problem of this team since everything started to go down after we won the double 09-10. This is something we really need to take care of to be able to move forward and i just cant see Ramires as a starter.

Stop being blind. People has always known of Ramires weaknesses- his ballcontroll, first touch, reckless defending and so on. Have you missed that our midfield has been the problem of this team since everything started to go down after we won the double 09-10. This is something we really need to take care of to be able to move forward and i just cant see Ramires as a starter.

How has that got anything to do with Ramires? Yes he has his flaws, but defence is something different. While he has played RW before Rafa played him in an unfamiliar position. When Ramires was in the CM position against Arsenal he had an excellent game. Today he was on the right and it flopped. The problem lies way past Ramires, believe me.

How has that got anything to do with Ramires? Yes he has his flaws, but defence is something different. While he has played RW before Rafa played him in an unfamiliar position. When Ramires was in the CM position against Arsenal he had an excellent game. Today he was on the right and it flopped. The problem lies way past Ramires, believe me.

And yet in that game our midfield was poor in the second-half and failed to control the game, so even at his very best you have to wonder whether he is the right player for us.

Ramires is great when we play with our backs to the wall. His explosive pace allows us to break with speed against teams in transition. Do you think that anyone connected with the club has any intention of playing like that in the future?

If no, where does Ramires fit in the starting XI?

And yet in that game our midfield was poor in the second-half and failed to control the game, so even at his very best you have to wonder whether he is the right player for us.

Ramires is great when we play with our backs to the wall. His explosive pace allows us to break with speed against teams in transition. Do you think that anyone connected with the club has any intention of playing like that in the future?

If no, where does Ramires fit in the starting XI?

He would be better of, or is better off in a 4-3-3 formations. You would get more goals from him but yes with the 4-2-3-1 formation, I agree with you, sometimes he doesnt suit our general play. However even his quite robust game, I like him in the fact that he offers goals and is one of them players who draws us many penalties due to his pace and unpredictability. The amount of times he has won us a penalty is countless. Next season I hope any manager who comes fits him, into our plans, in a way where we can get the best out of him.

He would be better of, or is better off in a 4-3-3 formations. You would get more goals from him but yes with the 4-2-3-1 formation, I agree with you, sometimes he doesnt suit our general play. However even his quite robust game, I like him in the fact that he offers goals and is one of them players who draws us many penalties due to his pace and unpredictability. The amount of times he has won us a penalty is countless. Next season I hope any manager who comes fits him, into our plans, in a way where we can get the best out of him.

I hope the new manager we get does everything he can to take our club back to the club we were a few years ago. I dont care if its with our without Ramires.

First off all, I do not think that anyone is challenging the fact that he is a good player to have in the squad. Actually I believe that we should keep him because he is valuable — and as I stated in my previous post which is on the previous page of this topic, he offers diversity in our options and allows us to make a turn-other.

So basically, I pretty much think that nobody will be disagree with the few parts I've bolded in your text. But as you stress yourself : squad. The people — as me — who have criticized him in the last few pages don't argue over his spot in the squad, but his spot in the first team. And into my book, he doesn't have what it takes to be in the starting eleven of an elite team.

Also, nobody is asking him to make Xavi-esque first touch. It would be quite impossible, since Xavi is one of a kind, to start with. And it's not even the point ! We aren't asking him to have the first touch of Iniesta, the short pass of Busquets and the long ball of Xavi. We are simply asking him to not fuck up with the basic — i.e. having a decent touch on the ball and a decent pass. That's all. However he doesn't get the basics right, at the moment.

Regarding the part I highlighted in red. That is two different things ! There is no correlation between the fact that ideally he should not be in the starting eleven for the forth coming years and the fact that he is a great asset for the team right now. It's indeniable that we would be in much more trouble without him this year. Though, for instance, when you have a car and want to go somewhere, it's better to have 2L of gasoline than nothing, right ? But it's even more better to have 5L than 2L — ain't it ? Know what I am sayin' ? What I am trying to say here, is that it's not because he is important for the team right know that we shouldn't look out for better options. A club which has appetite for trophies should be always searching to improve his squad and his starting eleven. That's how you stay at the top.

The bottom line is — unless if the board is happy to watch the Manchester teams competing for the title — that Ramires should not be in our starting eleven. Not right now, because he is obviously one of our best midfielders — and it's not like we had many other options. I mean, for the forthcoming year and afterward, once we will be in the position to compete for the biggest rewards.