Ramires

DavidEU

Are you talking about the recent Arsenal home game where we defended with our backs to the wall for almost the entire second-half??

That's exactly the type of game he thrives in and I said at the time that the midfield two of him and Lamps was the root of our problems. They failed to control the game.

And he was our best player in the first half when we dominated the game completely. Part of the problem was that neither of them is holding midfielder and the bigger part is that Rafa set the block too low from the start of the second half and invited pressure on us.

Are you talking about the recent Arsenal home game where we defended with our backs to the wall for almost the entire second-half??

That's exactly the type of game he thrives in and I said at the time that the midfield two of him and Lamps was the root of our problems. They failed to control the game.

Ramires will thrive in a 3 man midfield..he's just not suited for a 2 man midfield.

I would love to see a combination of KDB - Mikel - Ramires with Mata & Hazard supporting Ba/someone else upfront.

I also find it how funny how Ramires is getting written off when he has become one of our big game players. Both Arsenal games, Spurs away, United at home he's been one of the best players on the pitch and not much is said and commented on. Yet after a game where he makes a few misplaced passes and still plays well the criticism comes in, when there were worse players on the pitch (Mata i'm looking at you) and nothing is said

He can't pass, can't shoot, awful first touch, no tactical awareness and 99% of the times he is required to make a decision while under pressure he fucks it up big time. I can't wait for KDB to come back, Ramires should only play against weak teams so that KDB can be rested.

So here comes all the bullshit after one bad game. Everyone was bad today IMO. But all of a sudden, Ramires has a bad game and he is not good enough for the club. Bullshit. Please just look at the things he has done for the club before saying he is not good enough. Now all of a sudden the previous post states Ramires should play against the weak teams, contradictory. Was not that what people were saying he should be used for the big games? Please just look at what he has done against the 'bigger teams' before we state he is not good enough.

So here comes all the bullshit after one bad game. Everyone was bad today IMO. But all of a sudden, Ramires has a bad game and he is not good enough for the club. Bullshit. Please just look at the things he has done for the club before saying he is not good enough. Now all of a sudden the previous post states Ramires should play against the weak teams, contradictory. Was not that what people were saying he should be used for the big games? Please just look at what he has done against the 'bigger teams' before we state he is not good enough.

He's not good enough if we plan on controlling games rather than letting the other team have possession and try and hit them on the counter-attack.

He doesn't have the technique you need to control possession, he simply has a great engine. The only good thing he did today was not get sent off because I was convinced he was going to.

We need better players than Ramires in the double pivot and we need better players than him on the wing.

He's not good enough if we plan on controlling games rather than letting the other team have possession and try and hit them on the counter-attack.

He doesn't have the technique you need to control possession, he simply has a great engine. The only good thing he did today was not get sent off because I was convinced he was going to.

We need better players than Ramires in the double pivot and we need better players than him on the wing.

He was poor today for sure, but beforehand many of us would of said he is useful for this type of game, where we are going to get dominated in possession. Previous encounters against City he has been excellent, one I remember that solo goal he scored. However if we took him out of the team, we would be missing a huge player. He contributes goals, gives 100% and makes some vital interceptions and has one of the best work rates in the Premier League, if not the best. Both matches against Arsenal this season he was arguably our MOTM. There are many others problems apart from Ramires that need to be looked at because as far as I see it he is a vital player for us.

He was poor today for sure, but beforehand many of us would of said he is useful for this type of game, where we are going to get dominated in possession. Previous encounters against City he has been excellent, one I remember that solo goal he scored. However if we took him out of the team, we would be missing a huge player. He contributes goals, gives 100% and makes some vital interceptions and has one of the best work rates in the Premier League, if not the best. Both matches against Arsenal this season he was arguably our MOTM. There are many others problems apart from Ramires that need to be looked at because as far as I see it he is a vital player for us.

I won't dispute his work rate, but sometimes you need someone who can control the tempo of the game rather than someone who can simply outrun it.

It pisses me off that people seem happy with us trying to use Ramires to cover up our deficiencies rather than try and eliminate them. If we plan on being a top team, he has no place in the starting line-up. It would be Mikel and a playmaker in the double-pivot (even though I'm not overly enamoured with Mikel) and a proper winger.

I have nothing against him personally because he's a lovely chap by all accounts, but I'd rather have someone with skill in that position rather than someone who can run all day.

By the way, he was definitely MOTM against Arsenal because he was brilliant ON THE COUNTER-ATTACK AND BREAKING UP PLAY in the second-half, but that was a direct result of him and Lampard being unable to control the game. They were outplayed by Arsenal's midfield and almost cost us the game. But you choose to see his performance one way, I choose to see it another.