Ramires

DavidEU

I think people are a bit short sighted when it comes to Ramires. His timing of his runs are on par with a prime Frank Lampard and that takes game intelligence believe it or not. His finishing is not world class but his timing is world class !!

His runs has nothing to do with intelligence, it is due to his energy and speed. His speed is up there with any player in the PL.

His decision making and intelligence is probably his worst attributes.

This is kind of insane. Why are we talking about selling Ramires when these players are still at the club: Turnbull, Ferriera, Bosingwa, Essien, Kalou, Malouda, Torres, Drogba. Every single one of these players should be sold before Ramires. They offer next to nothing. All of them are useless.

Add to that list, JT, Lampard and Cole as those who don't do much anymore (JT does but he has 12 months max) apart from the odd game but will probably end their careers here.

Sorry but I don't agree with this at all.

This is kind of insane. Why are we talking about selling Ramires when these players are still at the club: Turnbull, Ferriera, Bosingwa, Essien, Kalou, Malouda, Torres, Drogba. Every single one of these players should be sold before Ramires. They offer next to nothing. All of them are useless.

Add to that list, JT, Lampard and Cole as those who don't do much anymore (JT does but he has 12 months max) apart from the odd game but will probably end their careers here.

Sorry but I don't agree with this at all.

yep, there is a long list ahead before Ramires' name comes up

Torres and Drogba offer next to nothing and are useless? sure they aren't exactly world class strikers anymore that bang in goals week in week out, but that is still a very harsh thing to say.

Torres and Drogba offer next to nothing and are useless? sure they aren't exactly world class strikers anymore that bang in goals week in week out, but that is still a very harsh thing to say.

They don't do what they're supposed to which is score regularly. Drogba is a legend, but he can only perform in the "bigger" games now. That's useless in my eyes. What about in the rest of the 80% of matches?

And please, don't even get me started on Torres. A few goals against Leicester and Villa and he's suddenly amazing in some people's minds? Yes he contributes with work rate and assists but that's not his fucking job. He's still a total flop. Until he scores regularly that won't change. If someone offers 20m for him we should bite their hand off and get rid.

How can anyone rely on these two strikers? One can't perform anymore due to his age and the other can't score because of lack of confidence & his style of play.

We need people who can contribute week-in-week-out in the jobs that they have to do.

I don't mean they're useless in every single way, but they are strikers whose duty is to score regularly and neither can do that anymore.

His runs has nothing to do with intelligence, it is due to his energy and speed. His speed is up there with any player in the PL.

No his timing of his runs are what I'm talking about. There have been 1000's of quick players in the past but hardly any of them have consistently got in the box in dangerous area's like Ramires.

If it wasn't for Ramires, we'd have no chance really. Our gameplan is simple, defend for your life then hoof it up to Drogba. Unless Drogba alone holds it up and scores on his own, we'd have no chance, except a guy like Ramires can actually make the run at the same speed as the ball while it's in the air ahaha. What a weapon. And, you could tell Alves was scared about Ramires' runs. So many times I watched this dude play amazing defence then make a 50 yard run when we got the ball, we loose it after 2 passes, he runs back 50 yards and plays defence again. No other like him in the world at this kind of thing. Great team player.

Agreed, Ramires is vital.

Ramires is what we were hoping to find in Yuri (remember him?), with even more pace and furiousness around him. He is just so damn quick that everytime he goes forward something is about to happen, either a freekick or a goal or a shot on target etc. He is easily one of my favourite players this season. He is so "quiet" compared to other midfielders in a sense of physique and appearance, but he is just made to terrorise DMs and fulbacks. Paired with a striker like Drogba it is just an ideal combination for an attack. I was just watching some videos on youtube, i totally forgot about all the attacks he initiated with a vertical ball, especially with Anelka on the "wing" or just through the Channel of Doubt.