Ramires

DavidEU

I worry about Ramires. I think he's not got too long left to go in his career. He isn't the best technically, so his value to us is purely that he can run all day, and he can do that at freakishly fast speed. He's only one bad injury or 5-6 years away from declining rapidly a la Essien. Essien is more refined than Ramires who is raw, but even his career looks over at just 30.

To be honest i think we should sell him. He was also awful against Spurs for me, all he could do is work hard. Yes he scored, but that's the only thing he showed from his technical abillity, besides that he was awful. We got 2 clean chances where he could of squared them in right away, and he fucked them up, he has no technical skills at all. I think we should sell him because he gets rated highly and maybe just maybe we can get quite a bit of money for him. It would really benefit us and we can buy a better player.

To be honest i think we should sell him. He was also awful against Spurs for me, all he could do is work hard. Yes he scored, but that's the only thing he showed from his technical abillity, besides that he was awful. We got 2 clean chances where he could of squared them in right away, and he fucked them up, he has no technical skills at all. I think we should sell him because he gets rated highly and maybe just maybe we can get quite a bit of money for him. It would really benefit us and we can buy a better player.

No way should we sell him at this age. He is the perfect industrious midfielder, he gives us so much drive and energy. As far as physical specimens go, there's not many midfielders in the world Ramires can't run into the ground. It can't be that hard for him to improve technically, can it? I think he can be an excellent midfielder if he just keeps his technical game simple- short, simple passes to more technically refined players, etc.

But I still fear his career will peter out in his early 30s. Everyone starts to lose some of their physical attributes then; he'll maintain the stamina until he's 45 I reckon but he'll lose the pace. We've got to do a Wenger and sell him exactly at the point when he starts to decline, if we are to sell him at all. I still think he hasn't got a Lampard/Terry/Drogba style longevity to offer to the club. He's 25 now, that gives us 6 more years of top service, perhaps 8, and then he'll be done I think if he can't improve his technique.

No way should we sell him at this age. He is the perfect industrious midfielder, he gives us so much drive and energy. As far as physical specimens go, there's not many midfielders in the world Ramires can't run into the ground. It can't be that hard for him to improve technically, can it? I think he can be an excellent midfielder if he just keeps his technical game simple- short, simple passes to more technically refined players, etc.

But I still fear his career will peter out in his early 30s. Everyone starts to lose some of their physical attributes then; he'll maintain the stamina until he's 45 I reckon but he'll lose the pace. We've got to do a Wenger and sell him exactly at the point when he starts to decline, if we are to sell him at all. I still think he hasn't got a Lampard/Terry/Drogba style longevity to offer to the club. He's 25 now, that gives us 6 more years of top service, perhaps 8, and then he'll be done I think if he can't improve his technique.

If we get Tiote, who is great phsyically at strength and pace, then we need someone better technically. We need a good technical player in midfield, Justin thinks Javi Martinez would be good, i haven't seen enough of him to be fair, but a player of his style who is good i would love in our team. I think we can get money for Ramires and we must take it now.

Tbf, we can get money for him at any time. At this point he's amongst the best at what he does, its too early to consider getting rid of him- particularly as it'll be a stretch for us to earn much more than what we paid. Hard running midfielders don't often fetch 17 million let alone 20+, we paid over the odds for him.

Tbf, we can get money for him at any time. At this point he's amongst the best at what he does, its too early to consider getting rid of him- particularly as it'll be a stretch for us to earn much more than what we paid. Hard running midfielders don't often fetch 17 million let alone 20+, we paid over the odds for him.

Financial Fair Play

Remember this!, we need money, and getting rid of Ramires where he's looking good because he's standing out in a shit team will be a big benefit for us, get rid of him now get money in now. It will be a huge benefit getting rid of him because we can get a much better player than him for the money we could get for him. We need technical better players. We can get a fast player, obviously ramires has a gift at being fast and having huge stamina, but we don't need anything wow with pace. We can get Tiote then go get a great technical player, cause that's what we need.

We have been put in a really hard position because of the board and the sacking of managers, it's our punishment.

I think our biggest benefit is Mata (if he stays), we can build a team around him, and get some good players for cheap around him, we still need a spine but it wont cost so heavy. But Mata can be the magic man and make our team click. Getting rid of Ramires will benefit that hugely, because in my opinion he wont help us long term. We cannot just keep him for the sake of because we've just got him and he's getting better, we need to be realists here and accept the fact we can get better players with the money we can get out of him.

Why would you sell Ramires? That's so stupid. If you really want to free up money for FFP there are 15 other players that should leave before him. Nothing wrong with selling players on to make profit, but it doesn't make sense to start with the players that are actually helping you so much. Plus he's so versatile, I think it's ludicrous to think he'll be a waste of money even if we end up getting better players.

And I agree we need technical players in the middle of the park, but those kind of players will complement Ramires so well, instead of selling Ramires to make room for them. You don't think Modric loves having Scott Parker beside him? Ramires isn't like Scott Parker, but those kinds of gritty players that work for two on defence and make crazy runs to open up space for others are very very helpful.

Financial Fair Play

Remember this!, we need money, and getting rid of Ramires where he's looking good because he's standing out in a shit team will be a big benefit for us, get rid of him now get money in now. It will be a huge benefit getting rid of him because we can get a much better player than him for the money we could get for him. We need technical better players. We can get a fast player, obviously ramires has a gift at being fast and having huge stamina, but we don't need anything wow with pace. We can get Tiote then go get a great technical player, cause that's what we need.

We have been put in a really hard position because of the board and the sacking of managers, it's our punishment.

I think our biggest benefit is Mata (if he stays), we can build a team around him, and get some good players for cheap around him, we still need a spine but it wont cost so heavy. But Mata can be the magic man and make our team click. Getting rid of Ramires will benefit that hugely, because in my opinion he wont help us long term. We cannot just keep him for the sake of because we've just got him and he's getting better, we need to be realists here and accept the fact we can get better players with the money we can get out of him.

Name me some players that can do what Ramires does but are better for the money we can get for him? If you want to sell players then let's sell those who are alike instead of selling the only guy in our team who actually tackles for two and still ends up making runs into the box more than our forwards. I don't think there is only player similar to Ramires in that aspect in the world. And if you have one of a kind on your team, you keep him, unless you're a mediocre club and are desperate for money.

Saying Ramires only quality is that he runs fast is a huge injustice. Anyone can be fast, but it's what you do with that speed that matters. He makes great runs, opens up space for others, drags 2 defenders with him, I can't even imagine how hard it must be for other teams to be able to track the guy. And on top on defence the guy is a great tackler, maybe I'm wrong but he's probably the only with the most tackles at Chelsea this year.

Typical i would get 2 ramires but hurt fans on my ass wouldn't i, one called rambo and one who had that ramires signature for over a year.

Name me some players that can do what Ramires does but are better for the money we can get for him? If you want to sell players then let's sell those who are alike instead of selling the only guy in our team who actually tackles for two and still ends up making runs into the box more than our forwards. I don't think there is only player similar to Ramires in that aspect in the world. And if you have one of a kind on your team, you keep him, unless you're a mediocre club and are desperate for money.

Saying Ramires only quality is that he runs fast is a huge injustice. Anyone can be fast, but it's what you do with that speed that matters. He makes great runs, opens up space for others, drags 2 defenders with him, I can't even imagine how hard it must be for other teams to be able to track the guy. And on top on defence the guy is a great tackler, maybe I'm wrong but he's probably the only with the most tackles at Chelsea this year.

Sorry but for me Ramires doesn't do enough, i think we can get better players, and i'll name one and i'm sure Justin will agree Javi Martinez, even Cabaye would be a much better fit. Ramires is a quality player yes, but i would rather have the money than him. Because i think what we need is technical gifted players in midfield, we don't have any. We can get Tiote who can put in the phsyical shit, we will have teh width and the wingers with pace, which we definitely need, play Mata in the middle. Then go for a midfielder who is a hard worker and can pass a fucking ball. Ramires for me is average technically, he proved that against Spurs, his goal was the only good thing he did besides his runs and that. He had 2 awesome chances to square the ball in, except he done a gabriel obertan and fucked them up.

Sorry but there's better players than him and i think we should cash in on him. He's not good enough technically.

Yeah let's get rid of one of our best young midfielders who just signed an extension till 2017.

Uhmm yeah...

Typical i would get 2 ramires but hurt fans on my ass wouldn't i, one called rambo and one who had that ramires signature for over a year.

Sorry but for me Ramires doesn't do enough, i think we can get better players, and i'll name one and i'm sure Justin will agree Javi Martinez, even Cabaye would be a much better fit. Ramires is a quality player yes, but i would rather have the money than him. Because i think what we need is technical gifted players in midfield, we don't have any. We can get Tiote who can put in the phsyical shit, we will have teh width and the wingers with pace, which we definitely need, play Mata in the middle. Then go for a midfielder who is a hard worker and can pass a fucking ball. Ramires for me is average technically, he proved that against Spurs, his goal was the only good thing he did besides his runs and that. He had 2 awesome chances to square the ball in, except he done a gabriel obertan and fucked them up.

Sorry but there's better players than him and i think we should cash in on him. He's not good enough technically.

Uhmm yeah...

If we sell Ramires, the next thing people will say will be we have no drive in our team and we're like Arsenal.

Uhmm yeah...

Neither Javi Martinez nor Tiote offer anything that Ramires does, not even close. Not saying I don't rate those two guys. If you see my post in your "New Season" thread. I am all for getting Tiote for sure and adding guys like Martinez, Banega, Moutinho, Modric to our midfield. I agree whole-heatedly that we need an overhaul in our midfield. But, I don't see why one would sacrifice Ramires to finance those moves. None of those guys can do what Ramires can, and of course Ramires can't do what they can. But a guy like Ramires adds a completely new dimension to our play that none of those can offer. I just named you 4-5 guys that are similar to each other from which we should definately get at least 1. But I still don't know anyone in the world that can do what Ramires can do.

In a 4-2-3-1, Ramires is only useful on the wing. He's not a holding mid. That said, I only want him playing when we need to shut down someone on that wing and are playing a defensive counter-attacking game. Otherwise, I want to play our new right winger (whoever we buy).

In a 4-3-3, which I still think is the ideal formation, since a 4-2-3-1 is kinda risky especially if we play with attacking wingers. We don't get killed in it as much at the moment cause RDM is making it work by playing hard-working players on the wings (Ramires & Kalou). In a 4-3-3 Ramires is invaluable in my opinion. On the right of the midfield he adds a completely new dimension to the attack. Assuming we get Tiote or play Romeu in that holding role. Then someone like Modric along with Ramires to round out the midfield 3. You have Romeu sitting in front of the back 4. Ramires doing all the dirty work all over the pitch. Tackling on defence, making runs on offence to create space for others, which in turn will give Modric much more room to operate and do damage. Would having 2 Modric on the pitch Romeu be better? It depends really, cause both will have to worry much more while playing defence. And, the 2nd Modric can't really offer anything Ramires does. You need that extra dimension to your team. Hence, why we should keep him.

Selling Ramires is a desperation move. If you want better technical players than him in the midfield, I want us to buy them too, but not by selling Ramires. Cause I don't think we should sell a player so unique in what he brings to the team.

I think people are a bit short sighted when it comes to Ramires. His timing of his runs are on par with a prime Frank Lampard and that takes game intelligence believe it or not. His finishing is not world class but his timing is world class !!

I think Cap's point is that Ramires' game is based on his dynamism and energy. Without that's he's a distinctly average player.

Exactly, and when he loses his physical attributes he'll regress to being average. The point is, we have to sell him at exactly the right time- just after he's peaked and will still sell for good money. Something like 30 or 31.