Ramires

DavidEU

Ramires has been an instrumental part of our team.His work rate is phenomenal and is quite versatile but honestly not always effective in different roles.He is a natural central midfielder and since 4 2 3 1 doesn't really utilize the need of one,he plays as a right winger instead.Now,I am sure many of you agree with me to the fact that he doesn't always perform consistently for us a right winger.So,if at all RDM stays as manager or any a new manager continues to play 4 2 3 1,what will be Ramires's role at the club?Surely,he wont be continued as a right winger and he definitely isn't a defensive midfielder so where will we actually see him play?

The only logical solution would be to change the style of formation and maybe perhaps go with a 4 3 3 or even 4 4 2 but its important to know that Chelsea are more lethal when they play 4 2 3 1.I feel that there is more discipline and faster rate of play between the players,a change in formation would yet once again need time to adapt and master.

So whats going to happen?

It's not the first time either, misses too many goal scoring opportunities.

He still has 8 goals this season (more than Torres btw and 5th highest from the whole team) and he has played the majority of games in midfield and lately a few matches on the wings, which is not even his natural position. His main job isn't to score goals so can't blame him for occasionally being a bad finisher.

Having said that, his miss from yesterday is still horrible and that has got to haunt him at nights. :cry:

He still has 8 goals this season (more than Torres btw and 5th highest from the whole team) and he has played the majority of games in midfield and lately a few matches on the wings, which is not even his natural position. His main job isn't to score goals so can't blame him for occasionally being a bad finisher.

Thanks for the stats and all and I know what a midfielder's job is but it's no excuse for missing open goals.

His miss was by far the worse, but everyone seemed to forget how to score on wednseday. Mata had at least two chances where he should've scored, Torres and Kalou as well.

Had that been Torres, I'm sure it would have made national headlines!

• 2 weeks later...

I worry about Ramires. I think he's not got too long left to go in his career. He isn't the best technically, so his value to us is purely that he can run all day, and he can do that at freakishly fast speed. He's only one bad injury or 5-6 years away from declining rapidly a la Essien. Essien is more refined than Ramires who is raw, but even his career looks over at just 30.

It's born of fear more than anything, especially looking at Essien's remarkable swandive. It's been 18-24 months since he was the best midfielder in the world. Now he could play in Australia and still probably not be the best midfielder.

As long as he doesn't get continuous injuries like Essien have(ACL in particular), he should be alright. Furthermore, it's hard for us to see him at his best now and flourish in the central midfield position when he's being played out wide under RDM.