Gregory van der Wiel

Gregory van der Wiel eyed by Chelsea as Branislav Ivanovic replacement

Chelsea are reportedly closing in on Ajax right-back Gregory van der Wiel, as Real Madrid step up their efforts to sign Branislav Ivanovic.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2012/05/27/3129979/ivanovic-i-know-that-real-madrid-want-me

The 28-year-old, who was a starter in Serbia's 2-0 defeat against Spain on Saturday, stated that he is aware of Los Blancos' interest, but stressed that he is happy with life at Stamford Bridge.

"I know what has been written about my future and that Madrid are following me, but now is not the time to talk about this," Ivanovic told Marca.

"I am focused on the national team now and I am very happy at Chelsea.

"I won the Champions League just one week ago and to think about changing clubs now is complicated. I am very happy in London."

Hoping that he meant it and not just empty words..

Right-back should be towards the bottom of our list of priorities. Ivanovic and Ferreira are more than good enough for that position. Ramires is capable of playing there. We also have some exceptionally good full-backs coming through our academy.

Right-back should be towards the bottom of our list of priorities. Ivanovic and Ferreira are more than good enough for that position. Ramires is capable of playing there. We also have some exceptionally good full-backs coming through our academy.

We have at least 50 games to play next season and when you add in the possibility of injuries and suspensions, it's a big risk to just go with Ivanovic & Ferreira as our RBs. Don't think it will be a huge problem getting a new RB as long as it doesn't cost OTT.

Whatever the case , a significant upgrade from Bosingwa. Should wrap this up quickly if the board are serious about getting him. A few decent performances in the Dutch team during the Euros and his price inevitably shoots up.

If we want a new right back, we should look no further than Lille's Debuchy.

He turns 27 this year, but wow, he is simply outstanding at times. Easily the best right back I've seen this season, Lahm aside.

He's also equally adept at playing right-midfield or on the right-wing. He reminds me of Srna who we were linked to a while back.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You