Gregory van der Wiel

I just saw this...

One red-top certainly thinks so promoting Carlo`s apparent interest in the Dutch full back Gregory Van der Wiel!

It points out that his proposed move to Bayern Munich has broken down and that the 22 year old could be bound for SW6.

--------------------------------

Source:- Vital Football - Chelsea

--------------------------------

:chai:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Every year we are linked to 3 top right backs ... I just don't get it, we have Ivanovič and we have Bosingwa and that is more the enough.

we have much more cover on the left than we have on the right ,,,dont think Paolo will be here next year

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this guy a RB? Maybe Bos could be off. As it is, he is in the last year of his contract, and is coming off a major injury...

I don't like the idea of Bos leaving if it meant van der Wiel would be a possible signing, but it makes sense if Bos is injury-prone

as much as i like Bos..(think he`s one of the top 3 or 4 RB`s in the World when healthy and fit) with his contract running out in the summer tho,i do think that he really needs to get some games under his belt and show he`s fully over the injury before the year is out or he`ll be on the transfer market come January,

...Ivanovic could obviously fill in at the RB spot but if he did that would weaken the CB group. so yeah definately a position that needs an eye kept on.

i`m not sure if Van der Wiel is the answer if Bos does leave, he seems a decent enough player..but with him being 22..the promising options we have in our youth ranks at RB would have their path blocked by someone who in the long term..may not be a better option than them.

for that reason i think i`d prefer Srna.

on the subject of RB`s what happened to the Germany & Leverkusen RB Castro ?

he seemed to be one to watch a couple of years ago but has faded out of the limelight since then..

as much as i like Bos..(think he`s one of the top 3 or 4 RB`s in the World when healthy and fit) with his contract running out in the summer tho,i do think that he really needs to get some games under his belt and show he`s fully over the injury before the year is out or he`ll be on the transfer market come January,

...Ivanovic could obviously fill in at the RB spot but if he did that would weaken the CB group. so yeah definately a position that needs an eye kept on.

i`m not sure if Van der Wiel is the answer if Bos does leave, he seems a decent enough player..but with him being 22..the promising options we have in our youth ranks at RB would have their path blocked by someone who in the long term..may not be a better option than them.

for that reason i think i`d prefer Srna.

on the subject of RB`s what happened to the Germany & Leverkusen RB Castro ?

he seemed to be one to watch a couple of years ago but has faded out of the limelight since then..

just to update this Carlo has announced that Bos will play for the reserves on wednesday.

Source: Chelsea TV

I understand why many of you don't want him.

But honestly, the next summer we will have to buy a decent right back (unless if a young from reserve makes is way in the first team)... I don't believe that Ferreira will be good enough to stay at Chelsea. And there a shadow on the Bosingwa case, he hasn't played for one year, will he have the same level ? If no, we will have to buy a right back, otherwise we will only have Iva for this position. And Van der Wiel seems to be a decent right back (i don't know enough on him to make any kind of conclusion), so why not ?

• 3 months later...

Probably not the most reliable source but it does have quotes:

Blues chase Dutch ace

Last Updated: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:41

Former Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen has revealed Carlo Ancelotti is keen to sign Ajax full-back Gregory Van der Wiel.

The Blues are known to be interested in strengthening their backline during the January transfer window, albeit with a central defender to cover for the injured Alex.

However, reports on Thursday have indicated that Ancelotti wants to get rid of current first-choice right-back Jose Bosingwa and bring in someone like Van der Wiel.

The 22-year-old announced himself on the world stage during the World Cup last summer and since then the Holland international has constantly been linked with a move away from Ajax, with Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Bayern Munich all interested.

Arnesen has now confirmed Ancelotti is a keen admirer of Van der Wiel and says they could make a move for him, but not until the summer.

"There's currently not much to say about it," Frank Arnesen told Ajax Life.

"Our priority is now a central defender with Alex injured.

"Gregory is on our number one list but not currently at the top. If we're serious, nothing will happen until the summer."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You