Gregory van der Wiel

Abate is like a slightly upgraded Bosingwa. Faster, bit better delivery but every bit as prone to lapses in concentration as Bosingwa.

I would disagree with you there. From what I seen he is very solid in defending.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err, no. Ivanovic may not be the best going forward but he can still do a good job at it. Need to find a proper full back who are good in both especially defending!

If you believe rumors in January, Azpilicueta will only cost 12m.

Ivanovic is average going forward, i wouldn't say he is good. Van Der Wiel is excellent going forward, and defending is an upgrade over Bosingwa. Also to be noted that VDW is much better with Holland, and seems to play better when surrounded with a better cast.

I would say Azpilicueta is more likely going around 20m then 10m.

If we are going to spend on a RB, i would go for Lukasz Piszczek. He is a player who has done very well for Dortmund, and saved them a few times with critical goals and assists.

This x100. It seems that modern football fans have forgotten that a fullback is first and foremost a DEFENDER.

Its not fans, more mangers and the game. Even the most defensive minded managers like Mourinho prefers attacking fullbacks and just rather shield them with a DM.

I would disagree with you there. From what I seen he is very solid in defending.

I dont rate him highly at all, very good going forward but very suspect defensively which is one of the reasons he has failed to nail down the Italian right back spot.

Hutchinson can gradually come up better than this guy.Until then,we have Iva and Paulo as decent options.

Paulo isn't a decent nor a viable option for a team that wants to 'compete' next season..

If Bosingwa leaves, we need a replacement, it really is that simple.

Paulo isn't a decent nor a viable option for a team that wants to 'compete' next season..

If Bosingwa leaves, we need a replacement, it really is that simple.

Anyways,I would like to see more of Hutchinson next season.

If Bosingwa and Ferreira both leave, unfortunately we cannot pin our hopes on Hutchinson being the only backup RB we have because of his knee issues. This is even more important as Ivanovic doubles up as a fourth centre back and may be required their throughout the season.

We have been linked with van der Wiel for a while now and I believe he will be the most likely RB signing we make. But I agree that there are other options such as Piszczek, Azpilicueta and Debuchy. We will definately sign someone at RB this summer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You