Gregory van der Wiel

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on good word from the Ajax/dutch fans I converse with, that this guy is Bosingwa part II..

Poor defensively, good going forward, an opinion that has been bandied around the forum before.

Bosingwa is good going forward? :o

I have it on good word from the Ajax/dutch fans I converse with, that this guy is Bosingwa part II..

Poor defensively, good going forward, an opinion that has been bandied around the forum before.

I'm sorry man but when was Bosingwa ever good at going forward??

I can confirm this for a part, I live in Holland and I do follow the dutch league. Van der wiel plays like bosingwa indeed, defending isn't his strength and attacking... mmmm also not really his strength. Probably he will be better with our guys around him, and maybe he can grow as a player, but the risk is too high.. I prefer Ivanovic rb

I can confirm this for a part, I live in Holland and I do follow the dutch league. Van der wiel plays like bosingwa indeed, defending isn't his strength and attacking... mmmm also not really his strength. Probably he will be better with our guys around him, and maybe he can grow as a player, but the risk is too high.. I prefer Ivanovic rb

Thanks for the confirmation. I haven't seen him play often but every time I ask someone who actually watches the dutch league they all say he is a carbon copy of Bosingwa. He is definitely not my first choice RB to pursue in the market.

I'm sorry man but when was Bosingwa ever good at going forward??

Lmao, notice the first line of my post, where I 'clearly' state it was from well informed dutch/ajax fan(s) I converse with. I suppose the other abilities of a defensive player who can't defend, will naturally be exaggerated.

If he can cross a ball I suppose that would be somewhat of a 'step up' from Bosingwa, not that it would be enough to justify his fee, or make up for his lack of defensive capabilities.

Lmao, notice the first line of my post, where I 'clearly' state it was from well informed dutch/ajax fan(s) I converse with. I suppose the other abilities of a defensive player who can't defend, will naturally be exaggerated.

If he can cross a ball I suppose that would be somewhat of a 'step up' from Bosingwa, not that it would be enough to justify his fee, or make up for his lack of defensive capabilities.

Even good crossing a ball isn't a sure thing :D

Heard many things about him, Mainly bad. Apparently he's not a good defender, Which puts me off straight away as his role is 'Defend'. Secondly i've heard he isn't the best at attacking either. Remind you off someone? Bosingwa... We don't need another one of them. I can't say i've seen Van Der Wiel play, So my opinion doesn't really count on the player until i've actually seen him play a couple of games or so.

We've got Ivanovic, Just give him a new contract and keep him. It'll be a major blow if we let him go!

Maybe we do need another RB as it'll help the squad and we'll have the luxury of rotation...But i'd prefer us to go for someone such as Cesar Azpilicueta... I'd put in a cheeky bid for Micah Richards, But lets be honest. City aren't going to sell him.

Wasn't a personal attack TX.. Just Bosingwa is poor both defensively and going forward, I hope this dutch fan is wrong that is all!

Ivanovic signed a 5 and a half year contract in February last year.

I know, Maybe a new contract isn't needed. Just vital we keep him, Heard Barca and Madrid are both interested in him. It'll be difficult to keep him if they were to come in with a bid. Hopefully they're just rumours and they don't bid. It would be a huge blow if we lost him.

From the few Lille games i have seen, Mathieu Debuchy has impressed me a lot. Very well rounded Rb. He is being linked to Newcastle United and it wouldn't surprise if he ended up being another Cabaye and Cisse for them.

Another RB that has impressed me is Borussia Dortmund's Lukasz Piszcek. He is not going to be cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yQUyUL3Qoo

Either choice would make a good signing.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You